A New BLUE Litter!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw wow there sooo cute!

Grace
heart.gif

Hello! I think your Flemish is beautiful! What colors does it take in a bloodline to make a blue Flemish? I know they are rare. I have 3 giants all REW, they are beautiful also :)

The Blue is a dilute black. You really can't mix colors to get a blue, unless the rabbits carry a recessive blue gene. But it is recessive and most colors are dominant over it. Blues can be crossed with blacks (preferably blacks that do not carry agouti genes, likelight grayand steel). Crossing with blacks every few generations keeps the blue color rich and dark.

I have whites too, but they are a seperate line. I don't cross them with my blues and blacks.

Don't you just LOVE the Flemish personality?

Absolutely!I have never had a rabbit likethese Flemish, don't get me wrong I love ALL rabbits, but these Flemish are something else as far as personality goes!

6 days old today... (Polly, I measured their ears, they are exactly1 inch long... 2.5 cm) Sorry about the dust on them... I had them in the pocket of my jacket!

6daysold-4.jpg

6daysold-1.jpg

6daysold-2.jpg

6daysold-6.jpg

6daysold-3.jpg

6daysold-5.jpg

I can't get over how massive they are! So gorgeous though. That's such a cute image of them in your pocket.

(I just found this after PMing you, lol).

Cuties!!! Tina & Centaur are gorgeous themselves! Centaur looks like a big cuddle-bun!

The babies are sooo adorable! You should do that one thing, you know the Breeders Blog, on Flemish Giants. Showing them from birth until weaning age or at shows if you keep them, etc.

I plan on doing that this year and next year with my English Lop & Mini Rex litters - 2 of each! :)

Emily

omg too cute-and giant! I've always loved FGs, and if I ever move to the country with lot sof room, I might try my hand at them :)

Grrr, they are sooo cute! :grumpy:

I'm going to come bunny-nap them! Hehe, no I wouldn't really do that. But I love big rabbits! They are so darn cute! :D

I can't wait to see more pics!

Wow! They look like adorable little Godzilla's in comparison to Delusional's baby bunners! So cute! I love their little velvety coat in their "debut" photos!

BlueGiants wrote:
The Blue is a dilute black. You really can't mix colors to get a blue, unless the rabbits carry a recessive blue gene. But it is recessive and most colors are dominant over it. Blues can be crossed with blacks (preferably blacks that do not carry agouti genes, likelight grayand steel). Crossing with blacks every few generations keeps the blue color rich and dark.

I have whites too, but they are a seperate line. I don't cross them with my blues and blacks.

Don't you just LOVE the Flemish personality?

Thay are just so gorgeous! How great to have an entire litter of just blues!

We have 2 blue Flemmies, one of which has been an excellent show bun. I was wondering: Do your Blues have more of an "attitude" than the other color varities? Ours have, what we call, "the Blue-itude"! They are just more independant than the other varieties we own, and they can be pretty high spirited. (I suppose it could also be a blood-line issue, as ours are distantly related.) Our blacks are just so pleasant and sweet, and our light and steel gray could only have been described as "mellow". What are your observations on the color/personality link?

OMG Cathy 1" already!!! and look at the size of them beside your hand i can fit 2 in my hands at that age or 3 sometimes!! and nethie ears are 2" fully grown :pyou need to do an update every week Cathy!!!! im lovin them :biggrin2:

tonyshuman wrote:
you get to carry around baby blue flemish in your pocket?!! that sounds like heaven to me...
Sounds nice too me too!
i can not wait for my rabbit to have littel buns!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back