7 german Bunnies immigrating to the States

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bunnylady wrote:
But if there was a way to get the bunny gang tome I would be gladto take them in. I am abreederso I would not mind caring for themforawhile till you get settled.Or if you decided that you couldnt keep allof them. I willtry and helpanyway thatIcould.Keep me informed.
A w w w w w! This is so sweet of you! (I knew I liked you!)

:hug:

sas :)

Any updates on this?

Inquiring minds are....

...just being nosey. :)

I will gladly either foster a rabbit or two, orhelp transfer. I'm in NJ, and can take about 100 miles off the journey.I can meet in Northern NJ, or Southern PA. Or if at allpossible to have them shipped to somewhere in NJ, or to Philadelphia.I'm able to help. Just keep us updated.

lostiinyoou wrote:
I will gladly either foster a rabbit or two, or helptransfer. I'm in NJ, and can take about 100 miles off the journey. Ican meet in Northern NJ, or Southern PA. Or if at allpossible to have them shipped to somewhere in NJ, or to Philadelphia.I'm able to help. Just keep us updated.
You may want to check and see what ever happened with this poor bunny...

Urgent Rescue: New Jersey

sas :(

Thank you all for your nice offers. I havereceived 2 offers where my bunnys could all be housed together and Imconsidering one of them.

I dont have internet anymore since me leave the apartment in 10 days.Will live with my parents until we fly on the 29th of may. Bunnys willget to the states about 1 month after.

I have to take them to the mil. vet this week to get their healthcertificates. Will check on the forum as often as I can use a computer.

Thanks so much for all the support! :bunnydance:

Emi and the Bunnys

OH I hope it works out for you. I've beenthinking of you and your fur babies alot. I will keep my fingerescrossed that they can all go to the one person. Keep us updated whenyou can.

Hi all,

I havent been here in a while. We were supposed to leave to the states in late may, but my husband had to extend becausethe consultae heregives me a hard time getting my VISA :(

On top of that the army kicked us out of housing and we know live in a small room in the barracks. We wont leave until 29th of August.

The bunnys are currently in a shelter, at first my sister watched them but she went on vacation to spain. I visit the buns as often as I can.

Sadly Susi died. She had bad bloating and noone in the shelter saw her suffering. When I went to visit Susi was dead and her tummy was blown up really badly. I was very sad. I secretly let Emily live with me on the military post because she wasnt eating well after Susis death.

My husband feels like the bunnys are a burden right know and thatI should leave all of them here. I tried convincing him but he really doesnt want them in the new home. I hope he changes his mind or that I can at least keep some..

Thats all I can say now and that I am very sad. I dont want to leave the bunnys but my husband really dislikes them dirt they make and the costs for shipping. I will see what happens.

Oh no!:(
I'm so sorry things aren't going as planned.....and that Susie is at the Bridge:(:(.

It must be hard to have them at the shelter.
Are they just being fostered there....I hope??

Please send some updates as soon as you can.
Maybe there are still ways we can help.

Sending prayers and good thoughts !!!

Hoping there are ways we can help. Mia reminds me of one of ours.Would befantasticto align a few RO fosters to get some adopted, rehomed, here in the States. Smiles to Jim for your willingness, Already!!

SRR was contacted by a person who is interested in helping a rescued lop. Our current rescues are all up ears. Possibility for down the road...?!?

Hello!

I finally made it to the states and reside now in upstate NY. I was extremely busy with moving out and not able to get to an internet cafe before the flight.

The bunnys are with my sister in germany. She would send them via Pet Air as soon as needed. Will probably be like another month before they get here.

My husband told me I can keep at least 2 bunnys. Depending on what home we get in the future maybe 4.

Heres the list of who is to come.

The 2 Bunnys that come for sure:

1. Emily

2. Mia

Second choice:

3. Jasmin

4. Angel (If she stops being nuts and gets friends with the others)

Stay in germany:

Moses

Salem

(Moses stays with my sister, she is always very nervous so Im afraid the flight might be hard on her. Salem is her man ;))

I have nice offers for foster homes. I will look up the location and see whichever one is easy to get to..by public transportation and car.

Hopefully I will have a liscense when the bunnys get here.

I have only been here for a few days but I already miss my Bunnies :(They would have so much fun here in the huge yard of Mother in law and family :). I secretly hope I can keep more bunnys or all of them but I cant say anything about that now. We just have to see.

Emi

I just wanted to say Welcome to the US! :biggrin2: I hope you have a good experience and that you are able to keep ALL of your bunnies.

t.

Hi Emi !!:wave:

I'm so glad you finally made it to the States!!:bunnydance:

Let me know when you need help transporting or for overnights, etc.
I think I can finda few more homes to stash a bun or two for a bit, too.;)

Let me know where you're staying and I'll see what I can help out with.
PM me if you prefer.

~Jim

:biggrin2:

Hey all!

Finally I get thechance to check back!

Things have gone in a waaaaaay different direction than I expected.

When we moved here we intended to stay with my Mother in law until we find an apartment and job. But then a lot of things happened- MIL assaulted me which of course started big problems. Its a long story so I cant tell any details about her but I have honestly never seen such a rotten bad person in my entire life.

Now I perfectly understand what my husband always talked about, and we shouldnt have went there. My husband will never speak to her again.

We left her house with our suitcases and were homeless for a while, moved into a Motel from where we tried getting our life back together. Neither of us has a drivers liscense so we were stuck in that place..walking everywhere to save money etc.

At that time I wouldnt know if I would ever be able to home the bunnys not having a home myself :(

Every day we spent hours looking for an apartment that was decent and affordable. At the same time I went to more job interviews and luckily got hired in Manhattan.

Well..and we ended up in eastern LONG ISLAND O_O. Its far, but nice and the price is low..it even has a kitchen and laundry room. We also have a small yard ( I already dreamed of the bunnys playing there^^')

My husband is still against the bunnys but I cant keep them in germany much longer and will fly them here Oct/Nov hopefully. I was even thinking to bring all of them over here ...in those 2 months I missed every single one of them. And who knows..if things get better we will move into a bigger place in the next 6 month and I might have the chance to keep all of them...and if I will give some away maybe I can give them to someone I could stay in touch with.:?

I have Internet now and will get the chance to visit the forum at least every weekend (I get home 8pm weekdays and get up at 5 so Im always too tired for the pc)

EMi:)

Latest posts

Back