7 german Bunnies immigrating to the States

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!

Wow Im so happy you hear youre ok. What a nightmare you've been through. Not a very nice welcome to the U.S., huh?! :(

Have you guys thought of moving somewhere further from the city? Things are so expensive out that way. But I guess its good bc you dont need a car to get around.

I really hope you are able to get your bunnies back. I cant imagine how much you must miss them.

Keep us posted and let us know if theres anything we can do to help.

So glad to hear from you!

I was actually thinking about you and your bunnies last week. What a rough start in the US you have had!! :shock:I am glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better for you guys and that you may be able to get some of your bunnies to the US soon.

Good luck with everything. :hug:

-Haley,

We actually live pretty far from the city. I couldnt possibly take a greater distance. The 5hrs commuting to work daily are almost killing me already :(..(I feel like I live on the train..I sleep there, eat there and get ready -comb hair, put contacts, do makeup..occasionally my nails ;))

Its pretty lonely without the bunnys. When I need to relax I usually have 6 little friends to choose from..one day I might spend more time with Jasmin..the other day its Angel. I like how every bunny has a different character and can comfort me in different situations...Angel if I need to laugh, Moses if I need someone to make me calm, Emily is so uncomplicated she just chills around the house..:Detc.

-clarzoo

It was all so unexpected and at some point I feared it might never be possible to have them back..-_-

My family is getting things ready for the flight. I will keep everyone posted and be back latest when I know about the date of departure.

Emi

I hope things work out for the bunnies and you!

Glad to hear you are here and that the bunnies will be flying soon!

Hello,

I wanted to update on the situation of me in the US and my bunnies in germany waiting to come.

Due to a financially bad situation my parents held on to the bunnies as long as possible.

Now there has been another confusion - with Pet Air. I'm not sure what happened but now they tell us every bunny needs to fly seperate what brings the costs from350 euros to 900 euros. Which is not affordable. I saved 400 euros, we agreed on 2 kennels with each 3 buns or 3 kennels with 2 buns.

Most likely that means I can only keep a few bunnies. I am still argueing with Pet Air about them changing their restrictions every week. In the worst case I can only keep 2 which would be Emily and Mia.

That would be sad though because I am attached to all the bunnies for a certain reason. I am worried about Angel because she is such acrazy nut but I can deal with her fine..im not sure other people can handle her.

Hopefully I can check back soon and the case will be solved.

Emi

My mom just asked me about this.

Emi,

One of myfriends senta fewrabbits across the country. We put each bunny in a small carrier with food and water and fit 3 small carriers in a large carrier (so 6 bunnies traveled as 2 carriers). The airlines doesn't want multiple rabbits in any one carrier, they want to see them seperated.

Have you tried other airlines? Delta will fly animals at this time of the year. (As long as it won't be below 20 degrees at any point during the trip.)

I'll see if I can find any further info for you. (I'm not far from you! I was in your town last night.)

Hello Everyone,

Blue Giants

Small world isnt it? :biggrin2:

Another Airline sounds like a good idea :)

I just wonder where I could find a small box that only fits one bunny..and if I buy 6 it will get pretty expensive I guess.

*Sigh* Another problem I have is that my husband is not being supportive when it comes to the bunnies at all. He likes them gone :( I wont be able to keep all of them for sure but I was hoping to find a home nearby where I can visit to see them sometimes. I dont really know what to do..chances are high we move again because of work too...

Okay I will go and think about it some more for now.

Emi

Latest posts

Back