3 Days left to get rabbits out of shelter in Plam City Fl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MiniLopHop wrote:
April, Are you serious? Kennet and Royersford are so close!

Sara, is this possible? What would we have to do?

Brandy, yes, so serious! I feel so sorry for the buns, even 1 saved is a small victory :biggrin2:

They're all so cute I wish I had room :(

Preston wrote:
MiniLopHop wrote:
The link is in her profile: A shelter full of them check us out http://www.hstc1.org

I'm a little worried though, there were a lot more listed earlier today. I hope we are not too late :(

[align=center]I was taken to the website after clicking the link, but I'm lost where to go from there. There don't seem to be any rabbits under the adoption tab. Does she own the shelter? If now, how do I determine which rabbits are hers? Thanks.

~Preston[/align]

I followed the link, clicked "adopt a pet", then chose "pet search", under species I chose "other". The buns showed up there :)

Ape337 wrote:
Preston wrote:
MiniLopHop wrote:
The link is in her profile: A shelter full of them check us out http://www.hstc1.org

I'm a little worried though, there were a lot more listed earlier today. I hope we are not too late :(

[align=center]I was taken to the website after clicking the link, but I'm lost where to go from there. There don't seem to be any rabbits under the adoption tab. Does she own the shelter? If now, how do I determine which rabbits are hers? Thanks.

~Preston[/align]

I followed the link, clicked "adopt a pet", then chose "pet search", under species I chose "other". The buns showed up there :)

[align=center]Ah, thanks so much! Still trying to determine which buns are hers though. Do all the buns in the shelter belong to you? Or is it only a select few?

~Preston[/align]

Thanks for the instructions. I was able to see the bunnies. Is Petta one of the ones in immediate danger? If it weren't for the distance, I would think about taking her. Does anyone have any ideas for how to help to transport her to Central Virginia? Thanks.

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
Thanks for the instructions. I was able to see the bunnies. Is Petta one of the ones in immediate danger? If it weren't for the distance, I would think about taking her. Does anyone have any ideas for how to help to transport her to Central Virginia? Thanks.

Hubby's coming straight up I-95 through Richmond, VA on the 22nd, does that work for you?

If the buns can get to Charlotte, NC on the 22nd, then hubby can be part of the bunderground transport. I don't know if anyone can bunny sit until that date?

If anyone else is interested, hubby starts in Charlotte, NC, travels north I-85 to I-95 just south of Richmond, VA, then north I-95 to Washington, DC, then east US-50 to Delaware beaches. That's on July 22nd.

Within a week after that trip hubby and I will be traveling north to south-eastern PA, so we've got a bit of mid-Atlantic I-95 covered. Anyone in the Baltimore area could meet hubby in suburban SE DC on the 22nd or later in the Newark, DE area when we make our trip to PA.

I could get a bun to southern jersey via the cape may-lewes ferry too.

April

:biggrin::biggrin2::biggrin2:

That would definitely work for me. I am in Colonial Heights,
Virginia, which is right off I95. I'm about 10 minutes drive from the exit and about 20 miles south of Richmond.

Thank you so much!!! I guess the next step is to find out if Petta is still available...

I just spoke to Sara. Apparently the buns that are listed on the web page are already in their program (no critical threat). There are 11 that they just had come in that they do not have room for, and they are not listed on the web page. If you email her at the addresses listed above she can send information on the rabbits that are in critical need of adoption to prevent them needing to be PTS.

If there is one on the web site that you fell in love with, then she may be able to talk to the adoption coordinator to see what could be done.

Thanks to everyone for taking an interest. April, you are my hero for driving on the bunderground transport! :)

Thanks, MiniLop! That's what I needed to know. I kind of have fallen in love with Petta :)) (sniff) and just emailed them about her but, if she's not in immediate danger, it might be best not to put her through the trip. In this heat and everything. As long as she's safe and getting lots of love. I'll email to get information on the others that are in danger. I wonder if there's any way that info can be posted here?

If it is ok with Sara I can post the information after I get it. I imagine it is just time consuming to get them all uploaded. I'm working a half day today so I don't mind.

Well, my work day is over so I'm off to our local SPCA to read to the gunia pigs a while. They came from a hoarder and need to get used to people. No, I'm not taking any piggies home :p

Thanks Brandy, I think we are all bunny/animal lovers and are willing to do whatever we can :D. And that's sooo sweet that you go and read to the piggies!!

Just a thought but if the buns in the shelter get adopted does that free up spots for the ones in critical need? That way the critical buns could settle in a bit before adoption? Just throwing out ideas :)

[align=center]Yes, as soon as you receive the information post it. I'm somewhat interested in taking in a bun, however I need to know all if it's information before I take it in. I need to be able to have appropriate living conditions according to the bun. I just was wanting to know the size, breed, age, if they're neutered or not, health issues, and a picture if possible. Thanks so much. I hope all the buns find a home.

~Preston[/align]

:bunnyheartOk everyone the rabbits listed on the webpage ARE NOT the ones needing to get out they are the lucky ones they made it up for adoption where there is not time limit. But the ones that just came in are the ones I need help with there is no room in adoption. I currently have 3 4month old (one rex, and 2 lionhead mix). One 1yr old female dutch rabbit. 1 brown 2yr male. 1 large black and white male. A bonded pair of boys one is all brown and one is brown and white. If you can help and take any of the buns listed I can have them spayed or neutered before leaving! But i have to secure a home for them ASAP. I have photos but an unable to post them on the webpage ( dont know how lol ) if you would like to see photos Please contact me via my email [email protected] I work from 8am-5pm Tue-Sat my home address is [email protected] feel free to contact me there to and my cell is (772)708-9668 THANK YOU EVREYONE!!!!

Sara Kyle

These are photos of the rabbits in need of quick rescue. I count 8, but hopefully the others are already spoken for? I have asked about what costs for fixing and adoption there would be and more details as far as size and anything else she can tell us. Hopefully together we can get them all in homes soon!

bun4.jpg

bun3.jpg

bun2.jpg

bun1.jpg

bondedbuns.jpg

3or3buns.jpg

2of3buns.jpg

1of3buns.jpg

Sara....if someone where to foster one of the buns on the floor, would that at least make room for one of the endangered ones?

If one of the folks up north could take some of your buns I would be willing to help transport part of the way. You would need to bring the bun to Ormond Beach though if I were going to be driving any considerable distance north.

I've been working Facebook hard (not only on my own page) trying to get bunnies placed.

Awww just look at those precious faces....wish i could help..

Latest posts

Back