3 Days left to get rabbits out of shelter in Plam City Fl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg I live at the Volusia / Brevard co line, but I just told I would foster 1 from Daytona, bc they're in need too, palm city is a drive I think ?

[align=center]Yikes, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. I have a few things to do, and I don't think I have room for one of them, I really wish there were something I could do. Are the two in the fifth picture dwarfs? Also, I'm almost afraid to ask, if they aren't adopted where is the next stop? Are they going to euthanize them?

~Preston [/align]

THe Dutch is a female about 1 yr old very sweet easy to pick up and loves to run around owner turned in moving. The Large black and white (black around eyes) super easy going male is a big cuddle bug also turned in by owner due to moving he is 4 yrs old. Small dwarf brown and white spotted his name is Pogo he is 1yr 1 month old male he was left in our night box loves to throw toys and enjoys his hay. Small all brown male left in our night drop box in horible condition he had lots ant bites all over him but we got him better and he is super happy! The 3 amigos ( 2 lion heads and a rex) all around 4 months old turned in due to too many pets (they had 16 rabbits) funny little bunch sure adoptible. And our bonded pairMojo(all brown) and Puma (white and brown) they are brothers 1yr 8mos turned in due to the owner having cancer. All the rabbits listed are in great health and tem! Please if you know that you can take one or more let me know ASAP they can stay here for a little bit but i MUST have them a rescue or home locked in!!!
Sara Kyle
(772)708-9668
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you, Sara, for the photos and the great info! They are all beautiful...wow. If we decide to adopt, what are the next steps: Adoption Fees? Paper Work? Interview?

I love the little brown boy and the three amigos. The bonded boys look like they would be sweethearts...all of them--so hard to think of any of them not making it. Your job must be so hard! These bunnies are lucky to have you for a champion.

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
Thank you, Sara, for the photos and the great info! They are all beautiful...wow. If we decide to adopt, what are the next steps: Adoption Fees? Paper Work? Interview?

I love the little brown boy and the three amigos. The bonded boys look like they would be sweethearts...all of them--so hard to think of any of them not making it. Your job must be so hard! These bunnies are lucky to have you for a champion.

I agree, it is great they have someone trying so hard to get them adopted.

I am drawn to the large black and white boy, but it is so hard thinking the others will be left behind.

So what do we do now?

Oh, Minilop...I'm so glad you are drawn to that one! If the transportation offer is still available, I think I'm going to take the little brown one. He's been through so much and I love agoutis. I'm a senior living alone in a big bunny proofed house (I lost my sweetheart bunny two months ago and I'm lost without a bunny in the house) with timothy hay and toys galore. I have a fully dedicated bunny room and really have room for more. But Scout was my first rabbit and I don't know if I have enough general bunny knowledge to handle a group;) I'm also drawn to the three amigos but my Scout was a plain old agouti, american mix (?)and I don't know anything about the special needs of Lion Heads and Rex's. The two bonded boys just look like they would be sweeties...OMG...what to do...no time to decide...EEEEK (bunny sqeek!)

Sara emailed me that the fee is only $25 and an application can be emailed to those who are ready to adopt.

The bunderground is running! If they can get them to Charlotte, I'll get them north :biggrin:

And if anyone else is able to get to I-95 in the mid-atlantic, I can get buns to them. Baltimore to Philly is easy. Cape may, NJ is a short ferry ride. I can host buns for a week or 2 then transport to aforementioned cities.

DC to Charlotte will only be the 22nd. Happy to help :biggrin2:

Btw I only have 2 carriers so that might present a problem getting the buns to people?

I like big buns, plus my kids run around the house so it's good for stretching out big hoppers.

Katherine, you might want to think about one of the groups, if you are drawn to them, just because it is harder to adopt out multiples. Plus, then they will already have a friend and you won't have to go through the pain of bonding. It is so cute to see them interacting. Just a thought, not trying to push.

Rex have a tendency towards sore hocks, but this little guy looks like a mix so the fur on the feet hopefully is more normal. A full rex has thin fur on the feet that can rub off easily. I have a mini rex and to help protect his feet I have fleese covering the floor in his room. I check his feet often and if they start to get red I make him wear baby socks for a couple days until they aren't irritated anymore.

Lionheads need a bit more grooming to keep the longer hair mat free and to prevent them from ingesting too much hair.

Bless you for thinking of adoping. I hope it goes well and you get a happy bun to liven up your house. If you have any care questions down the road, this is a great place to get everything answered.

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
Thanks, MiniLopHop. Those are good points. I would have thought the Three Amigos would be easy to to adopt out. Glad you shared that. Oh, dear. What to do? I'm seriously pondering!
I saw the "three amigo" pic. They are all sweet bunnies.

Just to let you know, the lion heads are "single" mane. Though lion heads do need maintenance because of the wool, there is not much wool with single manes. Just little tuffs of it. Making it easier to maintain. I have to say Lion heads are very outgoing rabbits, and am enjoying the personalities of my two.

With the Mini Rex, though have a tendency to get sore hocks, there are ways to help battle it. I don't have Rexes (mini or big) but I know there are others here who could help you plan for the best environment.

If these boys are all neutered and have bonded, and you are truly ready to take the time, which after reading all your posts, are definitely up to it, I would go for the "Three Amigos".

Understand the daunting of three, but you have the experience and truly sounds like you have the TLC to help these bunnies.

Just thought I'd throw that in. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide.

K

Ok so now that we have somepeople interested please email me on [email protected](work email) or [email protected] ASAP to lock in the rabbit that you will take so i can place them on the surgery list and get them out again if I can lock in a place for them to go then I can save them. Thank You so much!
Sara

Hi Sara! Just sent you an email. Glad you've been reading the posts so you know that I'm struggling to decide. I just thought of another wrinkle in the plot though...I think that the only day the transportation is available is June 22. How much time will the buns need to recover from surgery before they travel? Will they be able to travel by the 22, assuming we let you asap which buns need to be scheduled for surgery?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm going to go meditate upon my decision;)

When we alter rabbits there is no recovery time they go right up for adoption they get a pain inj and they all seem to be fine. We use dissovable stitches so there is no removal. They would be able to leave as soon as you can get them. If you cant get them unitll the 22nd I can (god willing and the creek dont rise or my hubby dosent kill me) keep them at my home for a little bit i just cant have them too long. Just 3 weeks ago I took in 6 buns from Halifax Humane Society and then all hell broke loose so as long as we have someone comming i can temp house them after surgery.
Sara
(772)708-9668

After the 20th i will be available to help transport bunnies i live in newton nc if someone could get them close i can go up with them if you need. Google the area and if i fit in let me know

I'm heartbroken. A family emergency came up last night that's going to require all my attention for the next several weeks. It's not going to be a good time for me to bring in new bunnies. I've sent PMs to some of you with more details but I wanted you all to know because I know you all are routing for these bunnies. I am so sorry and hope that they will all find homes.

Latest posts

Back