2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - Schioppi was MY rabbit which is why Miss Bea DARED to do that....and she gets in BIG trouble with both Tiny and Buck Jones and is threatened with....well...I guess I shouldn't spoil it for you.

But at the end she is MADE to be the one to cross back over in mom's dream and show mom a dream of Schioppi and Samantha snuggling together (once they resolve a few things and Sam learns to accept Schioppi and let go of some of her hurts) - but in the end - as mom smiles in her dreams and the cute couple snuggle and smile together - Miss Bea winds up weeping...cause she remembers how good it felt to be held by a human...and she realizes just how serious her "offense" was.

Oh and for those who are wondering - Tiny's "story" is told in his rainbow bridge thread in various spots...as I'd have dreams about him I'd write them.

You guys are really making me want to pick up my novel and edit it and finish it.....

Yes, you must write more and post it for all of us who have been following Tiny's story. It's a tear-jerker, but a feel-good story at the same time. :hug:

At least Miss Bea learns her lesson in the end.

Sometimes, rules is rules for a reason... ;)

Now I have to share something from the book - y'all made me go back and review some of it.

This is when Stan meets Tiny. He and Kate have gone out on one date - he has no idea that she is a mystery shopper still (she's living in her grandma's house which is hers now...and has never changed a thing because she feels guilty she wasn't there when her grandma died).

The statue is actually Miss Bea - but she took off...

[align=CENTER] CHAPTER ???[/align] [align=CENTER]
[/align] Stan pulled up in Kate’s driveway and turned off the engine. He wanted to run up to the door dash right in to see her. He hadn’t seen her in five days and found that he missed their talks. But he was early and he decided that he would show restraint and take some time getting out of the car. He didn’t want to look too anxious to see her.
He’d never been inside Kate’s house before and he felt honored that she invited him over for coffee and cookies. She thought he might like to see the paintings that he grandparents had collected over the years. She knew that some weren’t his style but she knew how much he enjoyed the opportunity to study the work of other artists.
He saw Kate come to the front door so he got out of the car and started towards her house. Then he walked back to the car and grabbed the flowers he’d picked up for her on the way here. He’d always heard that you should take flowers when visiting someone in their home. He hoped she liked the mixed flower bouquet he picked out. She had never mentioned what she liked for flowers.

Kate heard Stan’s car pull up and she looked around the house one more time. Everything looked neat. Her desk was especially neat since she’d spent half the day catching up on reports and getting them filed. She couldn’t risk him seeing a report and learning what she did for a living…at least not yet.
She checked her hair in the mirror one last time and then went to the door prepared to greet him. He was still sitting in the car? She waved at him and he got out of the car and started towards her. Then he went dashing back to his car. She waited while he retrieved something and held his hands behind his back. As he approached the door he handed her the bouquet.
“Thank you for the flowers. They’re beautiful.”
“You’re welcome.”
“Come on in and see the place. I’ll give you the nickel tour.”

Stan was really looking forward to seeing Kate’s place. He often learned a lot about people when he visited their home or office. He wasn’t sure yet how he pictured Kate’s house. It was probably done in warm colors that matched her vibrant personality. Judging by the way she enjoyed walking at the park, he figured that she either decorated with greens or blues. He preferred browns but any of the colors of nature were fine with him.
As Stan walked in the house, he remembered to close his mouth in spite of his shock. Decades old wallpaper covered the walls. The couch looked like it came out of the 60’s. It had velvet cushions? Wow, Kate really surprised him with her taste.
Kate told him to look around while she went and got the coffee going. He looked around the room and tried to find a place to start looking. Everything seemed so busy with the patterns and colors. He finally decided to go and look at the painting over the fireplace. He had a feeling that this was one of the ones Kate wanted to show him and he had to admit that for an older painting, it was pretty impressive. The artist had played with shadows and light before some artists made it popular.
Stan stood back from the painting a bit so he could better observe it. As he continued to look around the room, he couldn’t help but feel like he had traveled back in time thirty years. The only thing in the room that even seemed like Kate was the statue that sat beside the fireplace. He moved closer to study it.
Wow. He’d never worked with ceramics but he needed to know the name of this artist. The colors were so lifelike. The hairs looked real. He’d never seen a rabbit like this before. The pose was even interesting, as if the rabbit was trying to watch others without being noticed.
He found himself wanting to reach out and touch the statue. He wanted to pick it up and see where it was made and if it was a limited edition. He glanced back in the direction Kate had gone. Would she be upset if he examined this piece closer? He decided she wouldn’t be upset because she had invited him to examine the artwork and this was certainly high quality art.
He reached out towards the statue. He wanted to touch it first, to see how lifelike the hairs felt in his hand. But as his fingers got close to the statue, it turned and blinked at him. He gasped and stepped back a step. He turned again towards where Kate had gone. He knew she had a sense of humor. Had she set this up with a remote and made it move? When he turned back to see the statue again…it was gone.
Stan rubbed his eyes. He started to step back one more time when he felt something pulling on his pant legs. Was he caught on a piece of antique furniture?. Still looking at the empty spot near the fireplace, he tugged on his pants to free them. They tugged back. He looked down and screamed.

Kate heard Stan’s scream and came running. What happened?

Stan was standing near the fireplace and trying to pull his pant leg away from Tiny. He was backing away and obviously scared of the rabbit. She wasn’t sure whether to laugh at him or feel sorry for him. For crying out loud, compared to his dog, Tiny wasn’t that big.
Stan pleaded with her with his eyes and his voice. “Get him off me. Please. Get him off me now.”

At the look on Stan’s face, Kate couldn’t help herself. She started laughing. She laughed until tears flowed down her cheeks. Stan was afraid of Tiny?

Stan tried to back away from Tiny but the more he backed away, the tighter Tiny held onto his pants. Finally he wound up half falling onto the couch. “I beg you. Get him off me.”
Before he could say another word, Tiny let go of his pants and jumped up on the couch and started nudging him. Stan tried to back away but there was no place else to go.

How could Kate explain to Stan that rabbits weren’t like dogs. You don’t tell them what to do. They were more like a cat, you ask them to do something and hope they comply.

Tiny started to climb into Stan’s lap. He looked at Kate and said, “I’ll get you back for this if you don’t get him off me.” Tiny yawned as he stood up on Stan’s lap. Stan looked at Tiny’s teeth. “Kate, I’m begging you. Get him off.”

He looked back where Kate had been but she was gone. He was alone with this thing. He shrank back into the couch.

To this day, he still remembered the late October night when he and Ben watched “Night of the Lepus” on tv. This thing reminded him of those monster bunnies as they sought to destroy everything in their path. True, they’d had some sort of serum given to them so they were bigger than humans. But the way this rabbit was baring his teeth, Stan knew he wasn’t going to live much longer. As his life flashed before his eyes, he prayed that Ben would adopt Belle.
“Tiny, come get a banana.”
As quickly as he’d cornered Stan, Tiny took off for Kate. Stan watched as the monster ran to her and started pawing at her arms and legs to get to his banana.

“You’re giving a rabbit a banana? I thought they liked carrots. Since when do rabbits like bananas?”
Stan backed back onto the couch as Tiny started towards him again at the mention of the word banana.

“Tiny, come finish your banana. Leave Stan alone.” Tiny turned away from approaching Stan to go back to his mistress. However, every once in a while he lifted his head and stared at Stan. Once he even twitched his ears.

Once Stan was able to breathe normally again he asked, “What are you doing with a monster like that?”

Yet another bunny scene from the book - Kate hasn't shared with her friend about Tiny (or Miss Bea who she is fostering)...

Two days later, Kate came to the realization that Salem was just too small of a town to allow her to avoid running into Stan on her shops. She still tried to check for his car before doing a lunch shop because while she enjoyed his company, they just talked too long and she didn’t want to have to repeat a shop. She was already worried she was putting on a bit of weight from eating out too much.
Anyway, it was Thursday morning and she was taking the day off to spend it with Stephanie. She was shocked when Stephanie called her Tuesday night and asked if they could go to lunch together. She learned that Stephanie was doing a sample shop at a family style restaurant to get their business and the two women agreed to spend the day together. Their plan was to have Stephanie meet Kate at home and then they would use Stephanie’s car to go shopping and have lunch. Then they’d return to Kate’s house for some time chatting. They picked out a couple of movies to watch and they were even going to splurge on pizza because Kate had a shop for delivery pizza. Stephanie would stay the night and then head home the next day.
Kate was ready to go when Stephanie arrived but Stephanie needed to use the restroom. She was only in there a couple of minutes when Kate heard a scream and went running to see what was wrong. Stephanie tore out of the bathroom screaming, “There’s something alive in there. I felt something furry on the back of my leg.”
Kate sighed. She forgot that Stephanie didn’t really know about Tiny. She looked and there was Tiny, crouched behind the toilet, still shaking from fear. Kate picked him up and he didn’t even nip her shoulder as she carried him out of the room. But as she approached Stephanie, he started clawing and fighting to get down. She put her hand on top of his head and whispered, “It’s ok Tiny. You need to meet Stephanie.”
When she finally found Stephanie, she was looking at Kate’s fireplace and pointing. “I don’t remember this figurine. Where did you get it?” As Stephanie reached out to touch it, Kate yelled, “Don’t touch Miss Bea. You’ll scare her.”
Stephanie screamed again as Miss Bea opened one eye and then hopped down from the fireplace ledge. Kate tried to shush her but Tiny chose that moment to nip Kate’s shoulder. “You stinker!” she yelled at the rabbit. Stephanie looked at Kate and screamed again.
Kate finally got Stephanie and the two rabbits calmed down and she introduced them to each other. She found that having yogurt treats around helped her furry friends adjust to her human ones. Once everyone was settled down, the women headed out for the day. Kate figured the rest of the day couldn’t go any worse.

myheart wrote:
Yes, you must write more and post it for all of us who have been following Tiny's story. It's a tear-jerker, but a feel-good story at the same time. :hug:

At least Miss Bea learns her lesson in the end.

Sometimes, rules is rules for a reason... ;)
Oh - and in the romance novel - Miss Bea gets in the last "word" - as she gives the hero a look of approval...

Its been a while since I've shared bunny pictures - so I thought I'd take some time today and share about a bunny.

Its sorta sad to share about this bunny - because in so many ways he is like Tiny that it breaks my heart. Part of me wants to keep him - but a big part of me wants to find him a PET home - where even if there were other bunnies - he could be neutered and have lots of playtimes and be a house-bun.

I've told Art that if he isn't adopted by October - I may have him neutered - after Nyx and Harmony - and then eventually let him live with the girls.

But truth be told - he needs a place where he can have more attention from humans (although he is good with other bunnies).

Anyway - I have video to upload - but here are a few pictures of him on the bed today.

Oh - and he is one of the Nyx Bits from the last litter...

[align=center]
IMG_0246.jpg

He looks JUST like Nyx used to when I'd tell her "no"...
IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

He reminds me of Tiny in this picture...he just has such an "old soul" about him...
IMG_0287.jpg

Do you see how LONG his tail is? I'm holding it (not pulling it) and he's just letting me do it....he doesn't turn around and bite me or anything. (We didn't want him going on the floor).
IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]He is mostly black - but he's more what I'd call a "self steel" - meaning he has black with some steel flecks in his fur (so does Nyx when you really look at her).[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]I'd share more - but I took 89 pictures and most of them were blurs from him moving around so much and playing.[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Isn't he cute though? I am hoping and praying he finds a good home...[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]I will share the videos later - gotta get them uploaded...[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]
[/align]

Forgot to add - his "old soul" picture was taken before we realized he'd nose-printed the camera...

In the second video - you can hear Popcorn sneezing. I'd given her some hay and I guess it was dusty or something as she had it all over her nose (as if she'd stuck her nose in it) and she coughed and sneezed for a few minutes. She's fine now.

plasticbunny wrote:
Oh, Peg, he's just like Molly! That part when Robin pets him down his back and he lays down? That's just like her. :)
That's actually like most of the flemish in this house....not all - but most of them.

Isn't he just sweet though?

I just came out to feed the rabbits - and Jonesy (shown above) was dead on the floor.

We don't know if he hurt himself playing - or what....did not appear to be foul play on the dogs part and the gate was up.

Can't type anymore...I'm heartbroken.

I am very discouraged.

After losing Jonesy, I woke up Art about 3 am that next morning and just had him hold me....I told him, "If I'm not careful...I'm going to sink into depression...".

I did ok after that - and I had a dream of Jonesy and Tiny together at the bridge...and it helped.

Then I started thinking about how God is still my God in spite of the bad...and that He allows things for a reason...and I did ok.

Then tonight we lost another young buck of Nyx's. It was Al - he was sorta a nice buck - not really a "pet" buck per se. I'm pretty sure I know why we lost him and it wasn't due to the dogs or due to the fact he was a flemish and could have heart problems, etc.

Anyway - Robin had both Al & "Tiny Tim" outside for a bit - trying to see if the fresh air (it was cooling down some) would help Al....and she said that whenever she'd say Tim's name - he'd stop and look at her and when she wanted to bring him in - she said his name and he stopped and waited for her to come over to him and pick him up and he didn't fight her at all. (Every time she'd said his name before - he'd wait for her to come pet him).

I guess that encourages me about Tiny Tim....that he can maybe be more of a pet than I thought for a bit. He got moved to a bigger cage last night and he's not cage aggressive now and he has started giving kisses.

So now I'm left with Tiny Tim and Smith....Jonesy and Al are both gone.

It hurts really bad.

But after spending time with both of them today - I think they will make good pets in the future with a bit of time and love. (However, Smith has a thing for power cords...gotta be careful about that).

Smith (probably gonna be called Smithy from here on out) got put in a new cage - it is Adam's old cage and has a shelf. I really didn't think he'd get up on the shelf.....ha ha ha. Right.

I am gonna have to redo the shelf or take it out - but anyway - I went into the rabbitry and was saying, "Smithy...what ARE you doing up there?"...

Here is the response I got...

[align=center]
IMG_0335.jpg

[/align][align=left]I think I'm falling in love with Smithy too - he has started giving me kisses - and I realized that I was so wrapped up in Jonesy - partly because he was black like Tiny was...that I didn't give Smithy the chance to show just how loving he can be....

Anyway - I think I'm calling this "Got Ears?"

[/align]

TinysMom wrote:
[align=center]
IMG_0335.jpg

[/align][align=left]I think I'm falling in love with Smithy too - he has started giving me kisses - and I realized that I was so wrapped up in Jonesy - partly because he was black like Tiny was...that I didn't give Smithy the chance to show just how loving he can be....

Anyway - I think I'm calling this "Got Ears?"
[/align]

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Latest posts

Back