2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. This confirms my belief that Merry is always trying to "get some" from Pippin lol. Because she's always trying to hump him but he knocks her off every time then humps her instead, and she always submits without a fight. Good thing i got him snipped in time lol. >.<

[align=center]Time for PHOTOS!!!!

It is a lazy Saturday morning here - have a thunderstorm going outside - rain falling to make everyone wanna take a nap.

Some bunnies would NOT cooperate with the camera today - especially Princess Athena (who only wanted to give me the butt) and Brady Hawkes. I also didn't get the bunnies in the bottom cages cause I was too lazy.

But here goes...
IMG_0409.jpg

Dean Winchester - half flemmie

IMG_0408.jpg

Sam Winchester

IMG_0402.jpg
[/align][align=center]Tiny Tim - full flemmie (Nyx's son)
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0399.jpg

Smithy - Nyx's son & Tim's brother

IMG_0397.jpg

Hermes - full flemmie

IMG_0396.jpg
[/align][align=center]Mercury aka "Puppy" - herd buck and father or grandfather of almost everyone I have (or great grandfather too I think)
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0391.jpg

Fiona - Cali - she has a pet stuffy she keeps with her
IMG_0390.jpg

Harmony who will NOT pancake for me now because she is VERY amorous and ONLY wants a buck

IMG_0389.jpg
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0384.jpg

If her tail were any higher in the air - you could hang a flag off it..

IMG_0383.jpg
[/align][align=center]Ziggy aka "Mr Zig" - teddy style lionhead

IMG_0382.jpg

Melody - Harmony's daughter and sworn arch-enemy of Nyx (she once bit Nyx's ear and put a hole in it....the second time she went after Nyx that same day - she got caged and has been caged ever since). Nyx's ear has healed but when Nyx came out the other day to play - she and Melody tried to fight through the cage bars...other than that Melody is a SWEETHEART with people - just not Nyx.

IMG_0381.jpg

Lily
IMG_0380.jpg

Lily sees the camera and is all excited

IMG_0379.jpg

Ske-doosh

IMG_0410.jpg
[/align][align=center]Ske-doosh
[/align]

Sam Winchester will only travel in an Impala - do you have one for him there? He's also not sure about leaving behind his brother (or his friends Castiel & Crowley who live in the office together).

Also - he usually travels with his brother Dean...unless they're on the outs....

So looks like he's staying here.

Lily also refuses to leave Ske-doosh...so that's a no go....

Nyx says hi back....I told her while we were sharing an apple.

Been a bit of a rough week here - didn't post it on Facebook but last Thursday I went to feed the bunnies and found SchiBro (Nyx's son) - dead in the back of his cage. No idea why...

In addition, Rudy, Harmony's son is fairly ill (he seems to have hurt his back and hags sore hocks) and Hermes didn't eat his supper last night right away like he normally does. However, he did eventually eat it all.

I don't know - probably paranoid - but I find that death tends to come in threes....and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

What is weird is my girls are fine - its more like the bucks that just don't seem like themselves.

However - last night we handed out some "crunchies" (fruit loops) - and Mercury was begging for them and then you'd give him one and instead of gobbling it up - it was like he was chewing it slowly and just enjoying it so much. It was so cute to watch his mouth as he ate them....

I'm thinking maybe the boys are just having a hard time with the heat again since it got up to 101 yesterday....again.

Ugh I'm sorry about SchiBro :( That's awful. I hope everyone else stays healthy.

I know I personally would probably be feeling pretty off in 101 degree weather... pretty sure it only got up to 90 at it's hottest this entire summer. Sitting at a comfy 63 right now. (I had to change all of these into Farenheit, Celsius makes sooo much more sense to me :p)

Hopefully things cool down some and everything gets back to normal soon! :hug2:

Wow, I am sorry about SchiBro, and also the ones who are feeling poorly. You seem to have had more than your share of Bridge bunnies lately. :in tears:

Congrats on your good news from the doctor! I am proud of you for making so many good changes recently...from self-care, to house work, to your marriage...Girl, you are on a roll!

Two words about SKE-DOOSH: I WANT!!!!!!

He looks SO happy and content. What a handsome bun!

Sorry to hear about SchiBro. I hope the other rabbits under the weather are feeling better.

Are the fruity loops you give the same as the ones we have here? The ones we have are all different mixed colours and sweet. Is that the same as the ones you give the rabbits? I heard about using them as treats before and wanted to see if my rabbits like it but have been too scared to try it in case our fruit loops are different as i know you guys have different varieties, but we only have the 1 as far as i know.

yes, it's exactly the same as what we have. I've never given the buns fruitloops, but they love cherios.

I think Ske-doosh and Smithy need to run away to PA. Yup, just pack them up and send them to my house. They could live under the assumed names Salt and Pepper, housed by the BPA- bun protection agency LOL

Well.....we lost Rudy this afternoon.....so that's number two.

I knew we'd probably be losing him soon - he was Harmony's son but he'd been acting really funny - its hard to explain.

Waiting for the third loss...and praying it doesn't hurt as bad as these two.

Big Jake is acting a bit...strange. Once I clean out Rudy's cage - I'm moving him there (I'd moved him to SchiBro's cage after I'd cleaned it and disinfected it...now I wonder about it).

I've got another project going on in my life right now - and so for a little bit I don't have as much time for the forum...hope to be back in a couple of weeks.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Wow, I am sorry about SchiBro, and also the ones who are feeling poorly. You seem to have had more than your share of Bridge bunnies lately. :in tears:

Congrats on your good news from the doctor! I am proud of you for making so many good changes recently...from self-care, to house work, to your marriage...Girl, you are on a roll!

Two words about SKE-DOOSH: I WANT!!!!!!

He looks SO happy and content. What a handsome bun!
NO WAY!!! I wanted Ske for three years before I got him (he belonged to another forum member and I fell in love with him when she got him - but he was a heart bunny for her).

What amazes me is how much he looks like Zeus in the face (which reminds me - Zeus LOVES me again and comes up on the bed a lot....).

I've got a personal project going on that I can't share here but it is making some really good changes here at home....and I'm happy for that.

You are right about us having too many bridge bunnies....but several of mine (not the ones that have passed) are 6 and 7 years old now. WOW...where did the time go? Jenny is now over 6, Sundae is over 6, Angel is over 6...even Zeus is over 6.

Oh well - Art's up - time to spend time with him...

Ugh, so sorry Peg. Was Rudy one of your older buns? It must be hard having bunnies that are nearing old age now. I am trying to prepare myself for when mine become old even though they're not even a year old yet but i don't think you can ever prepare for it.

:rip: Rudy and all the buns that have gone before.

Rudy was young - younger than SciBro.

I'm really mystified here.

Its my bucks that are getting sick - not the does. Its only the flemish bucks - the others seem fine.

They're getting thin (like they're not eating enough) and they are getting fleas and ear mites (which I'm now checking everyone for and treating everyone).

Big Jake has been moved up to Rudy's cage now that Rudy is gone (I disinfected it). He doesn't wanna eat and was grinding his teeth some. I gave him some painkiller (a bit of Tramadol that I mixed with a bit of fruit juice (less than 1 cc)). He will eat some apple and he is now sitting up and drinking.

I'm sitting here looking at him while I type and he just ate a cheerio and is sniffing at his hay and considering eating it.

I may move Angel to smaller cage for a bit and move Dukey up off the floor and into her cage...I hate to do that - but he's the only buck still on the floor that is flemish. He's been on the floor for a while and not shown any problems - he just got moved to Big Jake's cage when Big Jake went to SchiBro's cage...

I'm praying it cools off enough that in the next few days we can take the bunnies and cages outside and powerwash them.

Right now I'm just ... confused.

Latest posts

Back