2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to feed Smith tonight - and he started giving me kisses.

I was like "Wait....you're NOT Jonesy..".

Tiny Tim also DEMANDED pets now that he's in a larger cage...

Oh well - I am shocked at Smithy - I think he'd make about as good a pet as Jonesy - except for not understanding (yet) about cords.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
[align=center]
IMG_0335.jpg

[/align]
[align=left]I think I'm falling in love with Smithy too - he has started giving me kisses - and I realized that I was so wrapped up in Jonesy - partly because he was black like Tiny was...that I didn't give Smithy the chance to show just how loving he can be....

Anyway - I think I'm calling this "Got Ears?"
[/align]

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:
Me too! I love those ears!

So is Smithy looking for a pet home? We may have to pull off the birthday present idea yet. ;)

Becky and Indy don't bother cords, but I thought they were in the minority. Houdini LOVES to eat cords so we have things pretty well bunny proofed for that upstairs. It may not be the most fashonible, but NIC panels preventing them from getting to the cords work for us. To me it is easier than worrying if they chew threw the covering and it also protects where it plugs into the wall.

Bunnies can get so creative. :)

I've been too stressed out with Zeus' surgery, etc. to think about writing much in here....but I think I'll do a short update.

First of all - for those who haven't been reading the infirmary - Zeus' surgery went fine. It was an abscess in the lymph node - she said she got out about a cup of pus from it (wow - didn't think it was THAT big). He went back on Friday to have his sutures removed and have the packing inside changed out. (We get to do that today - it looks like he pulled out the staple already himself).

Zeus is back to LOVING his food and eating like he's hungry - which is a very good thing. He also jumped up on the bed last night and let me pet him for about half an hour...that was so awesome. I'm hoping he'll start sleeping with us again soon - there's nothing like waking up to a bunny beside you.

Tiny Tim and Smith (aka Smithy) bring me such joy when I go to feed them. Tim still nips a bit once in a while - especially if he's not one of the first ones fed and is upset that he had to wait. Smithy is a flirt and loves pettings but will dig in and eat and let you pet him while he's eating.

The electricity went out yesterday for about 4 hours....it sure was hot (it was about 103 outside when it went out). Turns out that about 10 transformers (or whatever they're called) went out for some reason.

Poor Harmony - she was pretty miserable. She wasn't in heat stroke but just...miserable. I looked at her and said, "I know honey....us big girls need a/c...don't we?" She sure seems happy this morning that the a/c is on again.

I guess that's about all the updates for now.

What a relief to hear Zeus is eating agian! I'm glad the procedure went so well. It sounds like things are finally settling down and going well.

Did you get any rain from the hurricane? At least the power is back on and all the buns made it through ok. I agree, big girls need AC. I hate being hot! :)

I wish we'd gotten rain from the hurricane....but no - it didn't come anywhere near us. (Look up Del Rio, TX on mapquest and you'll see how far we are away from the water, etc).

Forgot to mention - Art figured out how to fix the frig!!! :D :D :D

It turns out that there was a broken wire by the fan motor that sends the cold air down into the frig. He's taken it to work to fix it now so we'll have the frig up and running later today.

How awesome! It's great to have a man around that knows how to fix things.

Joshua knows how to use the yellow pages ;) at least he doesn't try fixing it because then it would be worse :p

Sorry I've been MIA so long...

Zeus is doing fine - he's healed up quite well and tonight he even jumped up on the bed earlier (I think it was to steal one of my cookies - he and I both love the butter cookies you can get in a tin).

We just did a bit of cage cleaning and moving around a couple of bunnies....Mercury has been looking/acting depressed and he's an older bunny out of the flemmies - so I decided to move him to an upper cage - right beside Miss Harmony (aka "Fat Butt"). What is funny is - he has a wide head (but we don't seem to call him "Fat Head" - we call him "Puppy" because he used to follow us around like a puppy during his playtimes). But he's got the wide head - and Harmony has the wide rear end....

As the bunnies get their cages cleaned - they get a big batch of fresh hay....well Ske-doosh decided to try ... NESTING with it. No - he is most certainly not pregnant - nor are any of the girls. He's since stopped - I think he was just trying to rearrange it to the way HE liked it.

I need to take more pictures of the buns soon - I just keep forgetting to do it.

Oh - Oreo is 22 pounds now - and Harmony isn't far behind at 19.3 pounds. She's my biggest rabbit.

Now for an update about me - tomorrow I go to the doctor to see about my test results (I doubt they'll be back in yet) for diabetes. I didn't get the bloodwork done till Monday (long story) - but I will hopefully at least get my meds refilled and maybe they'll know enough to know if I need to see someone for counseling about diabetes/prediabetes...

ROFLOL - Robin just walked back in from the rabbitry and said, "Harmony has her tail lifted so hard...I'm afraid she's going to sprain herself somehow...".

Yep - my girl has definitely been in the mood - she's been throwing her litter box at me - which is one way I know that she wants to breed.

I'm hoping though to get her and Nyx neutered in October - or November at the latest.

And for those who don't know - Nyx's mom - Sweetie (from wabbitmom12 & wabbitdad12) - passed away last Sunday. That's been really hard for me - I've done a lot of crying and she wasn't even my own bunny. But it reminds me that all of my rabbits are getting older and I'll eventually lose them all (barring an accident or something) simply because rabbits have a much shorter lifespan than humans.

Well - I guess that's all for now....I'll probably update after my appointment - and for those who are wondering - YES - I am taking my blood pressure meds and doing quite well with it.

So glad to hear Zeus is recovering!

This question just came to me when i read the part about Harmony wanting to breed, and I was wondering, when rabbits want to breed, do they want babies or do they want seksy time? Or are they like humans and want both? lol xD

I don't think that they want to breed because they want babies - they want to breed because it feels good to them (just like it does to us). Many times my girls are more hormone driven than my bucks - and a couple have been more aggressive too!

As shared on facebook...

GOOD NEWS!!! Not only am I not diabetic - I am not prediabetic either. The changes I've been making to my diet dropped my numbers a bit. The doctor feels like as long as I continue to lose weight (now I need to add exercise to my life - YUCK) - that maybe I won't wind up with diabetes like my birthfamily members.

That's great news Peg! And i feel your pain when it comes to exercise lol.

I always thought that the female of any species in general (except for humans) has an instinct to breed because they want babies, i never actually knew that it felt good for them too! You learn something new everyday. ^.^

Well - let me put it this way.

Thunder is my best doe at wanting to breed...she's even climbed a gate to breed with an e-lop buck.

But - she wants nothing to do with the babies and has lost all her litters because she refuses to feed them no matter how hard I try to work with her to feed them.

With some of the girls it is obvious that they don't enjoy breeding - with others - its obvious that they really DO enjoy the breeding - and it has nothing to do with their mothering skills because some of the reluctant breeders are good moms and some aren't and some of the "I love it" breeders are good moms and some aren't.

Latest posts

Back