•°o.O The Tater Tots Family 2011 O.o°•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vircia, how are you? :biggrin::rose:Oh, thank you for your comment about my picture-taking. Want to know a secret? I just do click click as well ;)I actually know nothing about cameras. I do plan on learning it though. :biggrin2:I have a good camera, it makes all the difference ;)I wanted a camera that could get sharp and clear pictures as well as zoom in and it does that.

Maybelle does the love dance a lot these days. Hehehe. She has her weak moments despite her acting like a tough cookie. ;)Catching that on cam was just proof that she can be a softie when she wants. Rolo, nope definitely not little anymore. Almost 4 months old already! Crazy. Hehehe he's quite vocal as well. I hope he'll be more comfortable around people but I am taking it slow and letting him grow. I don't want to make him too attached eitherlike Smores was or he might get lonely and sad being outside.

I'm really looking forward to getting the yard fixed up! I have a few ideas and projects in mind so hopefully all that will spruce up the bunnies' lives. :biggrin:

It's chilly, rainy, and gloomy here today but Maybelle will still want to go outside. :)All is going very well actually. I have taken somedecent steps towards improving things in my life as well. More on that coming soon. :biggrin:

Glad to hear that :) It's a gloomy day too here in Kielce. I hate this weather. It makes me being more lazy...wait or it's just me who always be lazy :D LOL
Rolo is 4 months old ??? Wow ! Time passed so fast ! And my Kimiko is 10 motnhs old !!! Hahaha can you believe it ?? :D Oh Her birthday will be on April and my girl will be 1 year old..... I'm totally excited ! We plan to make a small party for her... hahaha don't call me crazy but I really want to make one. By that time, I will need your opinion... I still don't know what I will give her as a birthday present !!! :D SOS !!!!!!!! Hehehehe.
Thank you for asking. We're doing fine here. Now Kimiko and I are alone at home. Norbert went for work in Warsaw and be back on Sunday. Last night we made slumber party :D

Oh I forgot to tell you... I don't know even how to take a pic... I mean I don't know where to focus ... just nothing, girl. Believe me. I think I'm the worst one here :D

Thanks for posting the vid of Maybelle clicking!! I have never heard a bunny click before. My Patrick used to do his "I love you dance" around me, but he would hum. I so miss being loved like that. I think I was his first girlfriend, so that made his dance all the more special. :p

Love the spring pictures.

Love the flower pictures!
I got a new camera for Christmas and I am dying to try out my camera to take pretty pictures when Spring kicks in! :)

Vircia:

Lol I am terribly lazy myself... I just say I am savouring every minute :pIs your weather still the same? Was gloomy and rainy here today again. :)I'm excited about your girl's birthday :biggrin:I think it's important to celebrate the birthdays. :biggrin:I don't go all out but I do something special that day. I think Kimi will have a wonderful birthday ;)Time sure does fly! I got your message and messaged you back. I'm not sure I was much help though. Lol. :pOhhh hubby was gone all week? Oh I don't know I could be comfy with the idea of Jeff being gone so long. Hehehe I am such a chicken poop and sap. :pIt can be nice to be just the girls I'm sure... Hehehe awww sleep over eh? Did either of you actually sleep?Hehehe you are quite silly. You've made nice pics of Kimi. Surely, you aren't THAT bad? :p

Myheart:

Yanno... Maybelle was actually humming more than anything. I forgot to mention that. It's the way that the camera picked up on the sound? Isn't that odd? Maybelle soundssorta like a bumble bee. Lol. It's all a bit hard to explain but it sure sounded different to me than it sounded on cam. :confused2:Awww I am sure somebun will offer you the love dance in the future :biggrin:

Ali:

I'm glad you liked them. It's sort of odd not being able to play in the snow and eat maple taffy... But okay, I adapt :p

MiniLop:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. Don't enjoy the winter? Lol. I love snow. I miss it quite a bit. :p

Grace:

Thank you! Woo new camera! :biggrin2:I'll be looking forward to the pictures! I actually have access to a real camera but have no idea how to use it :p I do love my lil one though and I sort of feel like I'd be betraying it if I used the other. LOL. I've sort of bonded with it I guess. :p

[align=center]Thursday, Jeff announced to me that he bought the exercise bike that we had discussed. I have goals for this year and that was one of them. I am glad he went ahead and got it. :biggrin2:We received it yesterday and Jeff assembled it this morning. It's now ready to go. :)[/align]
[align=center]I am not sure what it is but I have had migraine headaches for weeks. It may be my apnea or hormones... Meh. Not fun. Yesterday I had a pretty nasty one so we went ahead and got the groceries done but I was not in the mood to cook so Jeff grabbed us some Chinese food from the localchinese resto. I must say, it was quite yummy. In fact, it made me happy. Oh and cake. I had to have cake. Don't ask me why, but I had a massive cake craving yesterday so I boguht a mocha cake at the grocery store. I'll be needing to put in a lot of time on that darn bike :pAnyway, after the food, my head hurt quite badly and we snuggled on the couch and watched Toy Story 2. I love those movies so much. :biggrin:I dozed off though and when I woke at 2am to go to bed, my migraine was gone. Phew![/align]
[align=center]Anyway, we ended up having to go shopping today. We went to the local garden centre. Oh my... I wanted everything. LOL. Such beautiful flowers... I REALLY cannot wait to do the yards!!! :biggrin2:We looked at the fences and confirmed that a particular one was the fence we'd want to put in. So at least that's one thing set. Hehe. The other thing I know is I have no idea what to do with the backyard so we will be needing professional help :expressionlessAll I know, is that it is Maybelle's turf and therefore everything in it or almost everything will be for her. I really want to set it up so that she can enjoy foraging for her own snacks even more than she does now. The garden centre actually markets some plants for pets and they have this plant for rabbits so I will most likely be putting a lot of that in as well. :)[/align]
[align=center]Well, now that we've decided to keep the table in the kitchen itself, we ended up with a bit of an empty space so Jeff decided we needed a big plant to put there. We ended up finding one we both liked and settled on that. We also found a pot we loved and it all looks really nice in the kitchen. Jeff also decided we could get some plants and pots for the window sill and kitchen window so we got some. With his family coming over, it's nice to have plants in the house. You wouldn't believe how popular and important plants and flowers are to the dutchies... Really, it's just something you must have. And here I am with my thumb of death :pSoooo we decided to play it safe this time and get easy plants. Well, it's supposed to be easy... :expressionlessThe big plant - I've already gone and forgotten the name - needs and wants no direct sun, water every 3-4 days, and room temperature. The little ones are all in the cactus family :pThen again, I've killed those before too. :expressionless[/align]
[align=center]We also got a big bag of cat food, a 20kilo bag of litter, a bag of cat litter... Woo. It's a good thing it all fit in the cart. The exciting thing is that they are shuffling stuff around and they had a 50% off sale on all "rodent" items in a particular section. I spotted this miniature playpen for guinea pigsso I grabbed that :biggrin2:I also found the mat that goes with it so I grabbed that as well. Wee! I can have my piggies out now :biggrin2:We also bought a new bottle for Rolo since he still has the ball one and we've decided to switch to a valve one like the guinea pigs. It was cool because it was 50% off as well. I sort of regret not buying a second one... Jeff spotted a bunny he really liked. Hehe. It was a harlequin dutch bunny. Quite cute and awful silly! I told him he could have it but he'd need to do all the care taking for everybun. :pI do love that he's a softie though. :wink[/align]
[align=center]So, aside from that, I ended up spotting this miniature lantern for like 1 euro. It's so adorable. I have a thing for lanterns... I don't know what it is about them. Lol. Anyway, I grabbed that too but then spotted a nice big one at the cash as well so we took that home too since it would look nice in the house. :biggrin:[/align]
[align=center]It was an expensive trip :shock:[/align]
[align=center]After that, we headed to the stores close to home and bumped into Jeff's brother-in-law who had just bumped into his father. We all stood and chatted a bit and then were met up by Sandra (Jeff's sister). They told us about Smores and how he's always up on the couch in the evenings. They say he first playfully charges at everyone to get everyone off and then binkies like a fool and races from one end to the other. Yep, that's him alright! He's doing great. Really really great. He's even taken to jumping on laps and keyboards. :pHe's a brat and they adore him. Our nephew is very taken with him. It's very nice to see. I'm so relieved that it worked out in the end. I cannot say I don't miss him... I do and terribly so but I know he is much happier now. :)[/align]
[align=center]Sandra did mention something which really got me concerned though. Jeff's dad is coming from France and they are bringing their dog with them. He's an Australian shepherd but he's a bit of an oddball. I love him but he hates cats, and really goes nuts with small animals. They are taking their dog to Sandra's so they asked if they were taking him here because they can't really leave the dog. Ummmmmmm... :expressionlessI sure hope not. Jeff doesn't want either thankfully. I just hope they realized that it wasn't an option and that we won't have to tell them that they cannot bring the dog. I'd feel quite bad about that... Hopefully, they can leave him for a few hours.Meh![/align]
[align=center]So anywho, that is about it. We potted the plants when we got home and I let the piggies out in their playpen and gave them their weekend buffet :winkI took a few pictures so here you go...[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03017.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03019.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03021.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03022.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03023.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03024.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03025.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]more coming...[/align]

[align=center]
DSC03026.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03028.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03030.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03033.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03038.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03039.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03040.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03043.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03044.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03048.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03050.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03054.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03057.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03058.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03059.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Annnnnnnnnnnd my favorite:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03042.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Lol. By the way, it's not favoritism... Twizzler is just shy and hard to get photos of. Silly pipsqueak he is :rollseyes[/align]

Yesterday was a good, although very busy, day.

Jeff was an angel and spent most of the day scrubbing down the hutches and shed. I went to help here and there but I must admit, he really did most of it himself. Maybelle has taken a particular liking to him though and it was quite funny to watch her follow him everywhere. She especially liked to "love dance" around one leg than criss-cross to the other to do the same, oftentimes tripping the poor guy as he tried to get the work done. :pShe actually let him pick her up a few times as well. He was mighty proud. Hehehe. She's much happier these days. It's nice to watch her.

I spent most of the day cleaning here and there although being stressed about tomorrow, I felt more like I was running around in circles myself, not actually getting much done. That's how I am. When it comes to certain things, I can feel overwhelmed and then lose all sense of how to get things done. :expressionlessI started with the easy things, the things that had only one place to go but now I am left with all the other junk that needs sorting. Eek.

If there is one task that I absolutely despise, it is ironing. I hate it with a passion, I really really do. I feel like I am spending half of my life doing laundry... First have to pick it all up, bring it upstairs, sort it all out, wash it, dry it, bring it all down, iron/fold, bring it all back up, put it away.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Plus, just to make sure I didn't hate ironing any less, we got a defective ironing board. It started with a really really irritating squeaking but then it progressedto leaning heavily to one side so I was stuck ironing diagonally for a while. :expressionlessIt fell over numerous times and even attacked Jeff on one occasion. It was time to replace it so we bought one on Saturday...

Soooo armed with a brand new ironing board, I thought it might be a bit of an easier task to get done... Well, first I got annoyed at where the designers placed the plug. It's like under the board, in the middle. Okay, that works for the iron itself but if you are hanging the cord on the thingy, it's pretty useless. But anyway... I started ironing and the first thing that happened was that the board itself, once affected by the heat, started popping so everytime I would pass a particular spot, it would go BOING BOING. :pssd:Grrrrrrrrrr! But that is the least of it... No no, here I am ironing when I realize the the stuuuuuuuuuuuupid cover is so thin that the ironing boardpattern (the metal part)is actually ironing into the shirts. *Curses* At this point I was pretty much about to throw a tantrum. Luckily, we had kept the cover from the old one so I decided to add it to make it thicker. Of course, the cover doesn't have a proper elastic all around so you can't just pop it on and you had to untie it instead and OF COURSE they had twisted the thread all around tie so it took several minutes to get it undone...... ARGHHHHHHHHHH! And then it happened...

Jeff laughed.

Now you see, when I iron, I always have a ton because I really really hate it so I wait until I really have no other choice but to iron. Because of this, I am having to refill the stupid iron with water after nearly every item so I always have a pitcher of water with the filling cup beside me. Well, with Jeff sitting there laughing I could think of nothing else but adding water into the cup and then throwing it at him. Which I did. He fought back and threw me some as well and then I proceeded to attacking him by spraying him with the iron - which, I must say, is much more effective than when used on clothes :pSo yep, water fight, right there in the living room. He ran away laughing and I smiled to myself thinking the ironing had just gotten much more enjoyable, except for the wet clothes clinging to my body - that's never fun. Anyway, I did get one basket done. *Hides the other 3 left to do* :lookaround

We still have no idea about the dog situation. They are coming tomorrow and it's finally all hitting me. I am terrible at socializing and I am always scared of saying something awkward. It doesn't help that things are done slightly differently here so I am still trying to remember everything needing to be done - one of them being the famous act of congratulating everyone and being congratulated for Jeff's fathers birthday. "Gefeliciteerd!" Is something I should definitely remember not to forget to tell EVERYONEas it would be quite rude to do so. Baaaaaaaaah!

The rest of the family is only coming late in the evening and mainly for coffee but I must have something to serve with that. I have no idea what to make. It needs to be something small... I was thinking maybe some type of homemade donut with dipping sauces... I'm not sure. I've never made them. Is now really a good time to start getting creative? :?Ooooh and to make matters worse, we have no idea what to get him. No gift yet. And it's tomorrow. TOMORROW! Gaaaah. :expressionless

Speaking of... I had bett run off and get my butt in gear and actually get some stuff done! :expressionless

Talk soon! Pray for me! :p

Ah ah ah, just spoke to Jeff's dad and they had planned on leaving the dog home so at least that is one big thing less to worry about. I do love him, but it would be very hard with the pets as he doesn't like them and people want to see the house so it would be hard to keep anyone confined. Phew, one thing less. Also, one of his brothers cannot come so we'll be 12 instead of 14...

Just 12.

No biggy.

:thud:

Yanno, I'm going to have to go to the paternal family reunion as well as the maternal one this year... :shock:Lol!

Back to running I go...

The iron story had be ready to pee my pants.

The rest... Glad it is you preparing and not me.

[align=center]:laugh:[/align]
[align=center]Oh. My. Gosh.[/align]
[align=center]I just watched Maybelle pick a fight with the patio chair... Yes, the patio chair. It was raining earlier but it stopped for now and Maybelle is outside playing. I was putting dishes away when I saw her acting very oddly. She was under the chair and it was dripping on her every few minutes and she went NUTS! She was jumping to the side, boxing at the chair, thumping, growling, and even HEADBUTTED the chair. :expressionlessShe is absolutely INSANE. LOL! I so wish I had gotten it on cam![/align]
[align=center]***[/align]
[align=center]Ali:[/align]
[align=center]*Sprays you with the iron* :grumpy::p[/align]

Oh god now I have that image in my head! LMAO

Lol Ali! It really was something! Too bad I couldn't get it on cam. :expressionless

Vircia, thank you so much! I hope you spent a lovely Valentine's with your loves as well :biggrin2:

So.... I need another laugh! Give me a story.

The piggies are lovely ! I love their playpen, how cute it is ! :) Hehehe. Thanks for your PM, of course you did help me :) we ended up ordering this for her birthday present.

Kimi's birthday present

It's made from dandelion leaves and flower and timothy hay and stuffs bunnies love and " able to eat " :D This will be one present for her. We're planning to give her something else. We still have lots of time, LOL :D So I just keep searching for ideas.

It's still cold here, but luckily, it's pretty sunny now, but windy like hell :D So still, not so good.
Take care :big kiss:

Sooooooooo let me begin by saying that I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's day! :biggrin2:

Jeff and I don't celebrate it.:) Nor does his sister and her husband. I think it mainly started when I was 16 and this guy attempted to swoon me. He got me a cute stuffie, sappy card, and told me he was in love with me. When I was told him I didn't know him well enough to honestly tell him I was in love with him, he ran off with our co-worker and slept with her out of consolation. LOL! I've never looked at it the same I guess. I just feel like it's mostly cheesy, fake, and commercial. Of course, I do understand that some people really do enjoy it.:) I guess I just don't see it the same way. :) I'm not one to say "I love you" all the time either. I prefer to show it. I'm not into overly sappy cards and long love notes and all that though I do have my moments once in a while. I'm just glad Jeff and I are comfy enough with each other not to need that sort of thing. :biggrin2: He did surprise me with a bouquet anyway though because I had mentioned wanting some nice yellow flowers for his father's party since it brightens the room. Hehehe. :D

So... Now we get to the party... :shock:

Well, Jeff and I spent many days running around trying to get things clean and sorted. There wasn't that much to do initially but, the more we thought of things, the more we wanted to fix.:expressionless Lol. Jeff was wonderful as always and really pulled through. To be honest, I felt terribly stressed. I always have this massive fear of meeting people for the first time. Usually, I can rationalize and say "Well, if they don't like me, well too bad." but with it being Jeff's family, it's all so different. You know, I really love Jeff and I really wouldn't want to be a reason for problems in the family. I would hate knowing that family members would not be comfy with me.:) That being said, it was very important to me that they like me so the stress was definitely there.

The morning started off a bit roughly... I had wanted to get up early to get things done since I had a lot of work to do and Jeff got up but I fell back asleep.:grumpy: I'm terrible with that. It doesn't help that Jeff sets the alarm clock on the radio setting. How am I supposed to wake up with that?!:? If it ain't honking like mad, and sounding that a loud fire alarm, it ain't gonna wake me. :p Jeff didn't wake me either... He doesn't have the heart to do that. He let me sleep in before realizing it was getting pretty late and woke me. Lol. Now I was REALLY stressed. :shock: I rushed to shower and dress so we could go shopping for the food. I came down, only to find Jeff doing whatever he was doing on the computer. Now, if there is something that drives me nuts, it is someone being totally calm and slow when I am in panic mode. :expressionlessLol. So I snapped at him and told him I was glad HE had time to play on the computer whilst I was running around. He got pretty defensive and then went quiet, knowing now was not a time to make things worse. I felt terrible of course so I spent the rest of the time being nice. :)

We ordered a meat platter (for the fondue) from the butcher. I was pretty happy at first because it seemed like it would save me the time needed to slice the meat... When the butcher showed us, I really wasn't sure but it was paid for, we were out of time, and neither of us like to complain about stuff like that. We got home and I just had to look at the meat. I wanted to cry...:( It was cut so thick... I don't know if they misunderstood the KIND of fondue, but I was seriously concerned about it cooking properly. I quickly pulled out some pork from the freezer and set it to thaw. I also had chicken breasts but no beef. Being out of time, it would have to do.

With the disappointment I was feeling from the meat and time running out, my stress level went up drastically. My unraveling came went I picked a fight with the bouquet Jeff had gotten me.:expressionless The florist had cut the stems so short that I was having a terrible time setting it in the vase. I went on a small rant about Valentine's day and how it is so commercial that the florist probably rushed to do the bouquets to have more to sell so even the quality of the bouquet was not like it normally would have been. The bouquet ended up falling apart from my trying to force it into the vase. I am not a florist. If everyone could make bouquets easily and make them look as good, we'd have no need for a florist. I like florists, they do what I can't - which is making flowers look proper. I made several attempts at reassembling the bouquet but it just wasn't looking right. The stress mounted and mounted to the point where I just threw them down and ran off to the bathroom to have a small cry and recompose myself. Yes, that is how bad I get.:expressionless When I came out, Jeff hugged me and wiped away whatever tears remained and decided to tackle the bouquet himself. At one point, he looked over to me and, in all seriousness, said "You know... This would be much easier if I were gay." I laughed and it felt good to laugh and all at once, the stress nearly disappeared. It's moments like that that I am reminded how much I love Jeff.

His father arrived with his wife and it was great to see them. Unfortunately, I spent quite a bit more time in the kitchen than I had wanted but I could only do so much. We showed them the house and they loved it. We chatted and chatted and enjoyed a lovely fondue. My cauliflower was a bit too steamed so it fell apart and we spent a lot of time fishing for it in the fondue pot but we got a lot of laughs out of it. :p They said it had been a very long time since they had had fondue so it was a perfect choice. Ah relief!

Right after the fondue, I rushed to clean and start on the churros and fruit platter which was the dessert. I was really happy with the churros.:) I made a chocolate dipping sauce and cut a whole bunch of fruit and set the dessert/coffee table. When Sandra and her family arrived, I felt a lot more comfortable. Jeff's sister is awesome and she's so easy-going that she automatically makes me feel relaxed. Lol. The kids were drawn to the churros right away and started munching away happily. I called our niece over and showed her the chocolate sauce I was just about to serve and she was thrilled. Lol. It was all worth it.:biggrin2: The other guests arrived and the evening went great. They were all very very nice and I think they liked me as well. They invited us over for dinner so hopefully we'll be doing that. Before I even knew it, it was midnight and people started to leave. One of his uncles literally squooshed my cheeks and told me I had to go over for dinner soon and that he was very happy to have finally met me. Lol. I got many hugs and more cheek squooshing. His father hugged me tightly and told me to try to go to France in the spring if we could. You know... I miss them. It's odd isn't it? I barely know them but I miss them. :)

When they had gone, Jeff took me in his arms, kissed my forehead and said "See I told you it'd be okay." And it was. Lol.:biggrin: We were pretty deaded so we went to bed. I remember waking at some point with a nasty migraine... I took a pill and went back to bed but Jeff heard me and cuddled me. I woke up late in the morning, and it was very bright.. My migraine had passed but I did have an ice pack by my head.:confused2: I guess Jeff had brought it at some point. He had already left for work. I was sad that I didn't remember him leaving.:expressionless Before he left, he had even started the dishwasher. What an angel he is.:biggrin2: I was pretty tired so I didn't want to rush for dinner and run to school so I decided to make the leftover fondue for dinner and go to the second half of the class so we'd have enough time to settle down before heading off again. Finally, after much prodding from Jeff, I got ready for school and off we went. He dropped me off and I headed to class, only to realize my class was nowhere to be found. :? Bope! I called Jeff back and he picked me up again. We went to see the bunnies when we got home and Maybelle was thrilled to see us. She spent the whole time running around her feet and humming like a bumble bee.:p Rolo is starting to get friendlier. I think it helps that he's not with Giggles as she probably made him scared of us since she is scared herself. Maybelle is quite interested in the lil fella and likes to taunt him. Lol. It's funny to watch her. Maybelle was quite the brat though and gave us a hard time when it was time to settle her in for the night. I think we'll need a herding dog just to get her back into the shed so we aren't chasing her around the garden every evening. Silly girl! :biggrin2:

So anyway, that's basically it... All in all, things went really well but they could have gone better if I hadn't spent so much time stressing for nothing.:expressionless I'm trying to work on that so I hope it will get better in the future. Phew, what a long post! Lol. I have a few pictures to share so that will be more interesting than my rambling ;)

Latest posts

Back