•°o.O The Tater Tots Family 2011 O.o°•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
[align=center]
taters1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Hello and welcome to the Tater Tot's Family blog. In this blog you will get to know our family and enjoy the craziness. We hope you join us and share the tears, fears, laughter and overwhelming love experienced in our family. Whether you like to browse through pictures, like to read funny annecdotes, or enjoy more detailed stories about the pets and our personal experiences, I'm sure you can find something here to enjoy. Please leave comments when you can and let us know if we've made you smile at all![/align]

[align=center]
nela1.png
[/align]

[align=center]I am Nela, real name Sophie, and I am the one writing this blog. I am 25 years old and I am Canadian. I am originally from Montreal but in May, 2010, I moved to the Netherlands to live with my boyfriend. These days, I am happily staying home to manage the household and my health. I absolutely love animals, music, arts, books, and lots more. I am never bored and I am a very happy person. I'm a bit silly and crazy, to be honest, but who isn't?[/align]

[align=center]
jeff1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Jeff is my boyfriend. He is 39 years old and a true dutchie. Now, we do share 14 years between us but if you know us, you know that that really doesn't mean anything at all since we are just as silly and crazy as and about one another. He is a software programmer and is currently getting his masters in IT Architecture. We met onlineabout 2 years ago and we hit it off immediately. A few months after meeting online,he came to Montreal to meet me and we hit it off just as well in person. After numerous visits back and forth, I moved to the Netherlands to be with him. We now have our own home and he works while I take care of things around the house. We like to do things such as playing board games, video games, going for walks, and snuggling up and watching movies. We are both pretty quiet and prefer small groups of friends to large crowds. Jeff is the easy, pacific guy whereas I am the hot-headed passionate girl. Together, we appease and enflame each other.[/align]
[align=center]
houdina1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Houdina is our 3 year-old sweetie. I got her from a pet store while I was in Montreal. I was there to get rabbit food but Houdina had decided she was coming home with me that day. As I was checking out the food, she grabbed my basket and refused to give it back until I gave her a thorough petting. She purred happily and stole my heart. Being that I had rabbits, I was really happy about the fact that she didn't play with her claws and so, I took the plunge and decided to attempt owning a cat.

Houdina was named the day I managed to lose her in a itty bitty bathroom. To this day, I have no idea where she hid, nor how she managed to escape. She is indeed named after the famous Houdini. Since then, Houdina has taught me that she is great at learning to open and escape things. It's a really good thing she wasn't gifted with thumbs!

Houdina is a gentle soul. She was raised with rabbits and adores them. She eagerly rolls about in front of them in order to get their attention. It was also Houdina who alerted me to that horrid day when my Wiggles fell ill and died. Houdina has also nursed abandoned kittens and stays by my side when I am ill. She's a beautiful girl and there isn't anyone who doesn't like her.
[/align]
[align=center]She's also the sneaky one of the bunch. Just before moving here, I got the cats collars with bells to warn us of when they are near the doors since we were going in and out constantly. She decided she wasn't a big fan of them and found all sorts of ways to get out of them. Not only does she get out of hers, she also helps Baloo get his off. Once, both cats were missing their collars and I searched the house thoroughly and nearly gave up when I found them both nicely tucked under my pillow. One day, she proceeded to remove her collar and walk away happily with it in her mouth to hide it in her playhouse. When she realized we were watching, she handed me the collar and allowed me to simply put it back on. Just the other day, I noticed she was missing her collar only to be informed by Jeff that he had found the collar outside. Outside?! She doesn't go outside? Yep, Houdina had thrown her collar out the window in the hopes that we wouldn't find it...

That girl!
[/align]

[align=center]
baloo1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Baloo... Oh dear what to say about Baloo... Well, let me start off by explaining how I got him in the first place. Baloo was actually found in the trash with his siblings by a passerby. I was fostering and running my own 'rescue & rehoming' thing and was contacted by the veterinary technician that heard of them. The woman could not keep them because her daughter was severely allergic and they could not keep them at the clinic so I took them in.

They were 3 in total and I must admit, I found the other 2 much cuter at the time. Baloo was the only 'solid' of the 3 and the tiniest. He was really terrified when I got them and he was bossed around by the others. Unlike his siblings, he didn't play at all and preferred to hide in the darkest spot he could find. When the time came to rehome the kittens, I considered keeping one of them thinking Houdina might enjoy the company. That idea was considered more seriously when a young woman asked to adopt to of the kittens. Faced with the decision of which I would rehome, I decided the siblings would be rehomed together as they were much closer with one another.

That was the day I thought Baloo would die on me. Finding himself alone, Baloo not only panicked but he refused to eat or drink. It was a pitiful sound to hear him cry the way he did. Before long, I gave in and cradled him at all hours to bring him comfort. Together, we would fall asleep and if I stayed with him, he'd eat and drink. When I needed to get my house chores done, I simply tucked him into the hood or the pockets of my hoodie where he would sit quietly. I did try to rehome him. I simply could not find anyone I trusted to give him the home he deserved and before long, I was putting up his Christmas stocking with Houdina's. I named him Baloo because he often played on his back with his paws in the air, making him look like a bear cub.

Baloo will always be a scared and sensitive cat. For over a year, he wolfed down food like a maniac from the fear of starving. He has a bad case of separation anxiety and the veterinarian noted just how quickly he stops eating and drinking if left alone. He doesn't trust strangers easily and is especially nervous around men. I was absolutely surprised at how Baloo reacted when he first met Jeff. He simply walked over to him and sat on him, purring as Jeff scratched behind his ears happily. I was extremely nervous about bringing him here from Montreal but leaving him behind was simply not an option. Surprisingly enough, he was perfectly fine. It was Houdina that was more concerning.

Nowadays, he's getting used to people more and more. With the family coming over often, he now greets people and lets the children play with him. I never would have expected him to play nearly as much as he does now. He's nearly 2 years old now and you'd think he's part dog for how much he loves to play fetch. Baloo can play fetch for several hours a day. Every morning when we wake, we are greeted by Baloo holding a toy of his in his mouth, looking at us wide-eyed, eager to play. It should also be noted that we often wake under a pile of toys as well. You should also know that if ever you come over and open a closet only to find yourself confronted with a bunch of toys neatly piled up in the centre, it was Baloo's doing.

He is definitely the family brat. He loves to drive us and especially Houdina up the wall. I sometimes call him a Tasmanian devil. He's also one of the squeakiest and most vocal cats out there as well. If ever you call me on the phone and wonder what those strange noises are in the back, please know that I am not strangling a mouse, it's merely Baloo seeking attention. By the way, Baloo has grown to be one of the most gorgeous black cats out there. We always get comments about his physique. His slender yet muscular body, shiny black coat, and kitten eyes (which have a bluish tint) always turn heads.
[/align]

[align=center]
maybelle1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Maybelle is exactly what I didn't think she'd be.I was looking at local ads and Ijust loved the pictures I saw posted by a breeder. She is a blue-eyed white german lop, andweighs about8 lbs. I was expecting to get a sweet/gentle/delicate/girly bun... Maybelle is a character. She sure has bunnitude! Wow! This girl will thump at you if you even look at her. She gives us the butt more than anything, and just adores flicking us off with her back paws. She's really adorable though and she has the most gorgeous blue eyes. Her attitude really makes us laugh and we have learned to not offend the poor thing by touching her or looking at her.[/align]

[align=center]Maybelle lives as a free-range outdoor bunny. She has the whole yard to herself during the day and sleeps and naps in the shed. During the day, you can find her happily binkying around the yard andterrorizing neighborhood cats.This feisty girl is a riot and I'm really glad we have her.
[/align]

[align=center]
rolo1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Rolo is an'oopsie'.
blush.gif
I have kept Smores and Giggles (since rehomed with familydue to severe allergies)separate from the very start, being careful not to allow them to get together until our boy was old enough to be neutered. However, Giggles absolutely adores Smores and she's a completely different bunny with him around. She just comes to life when she is around him. So what I had been doing was using a double playpen and splitting it in the middle with extra panels to keep each of them on one side with the panels in between them. We had never had any problems until...

One day, I brought both Smores and Giggles in and set up the playpen as usual. The one thing that was different was that one of the panels I used in the middle was actually the gate so it had a door. Now, neither Jeff nor I thought twice about this and just left it as is. He and I snuggled on the couch not even 3ft away while they played. As usual, Smores and Giggles proceeded to their usual binky antics, trying to wow the other with their abilities. Smores and Giggles have always had a very strong bond, despite having a fence between them at all times. They would lie side by side, groom each other, and put on a show for each other...

At one point however, Jeff bolted from the couch and headed straight for the playpen. I looked up and just as he reached the bunnies, he turned to look at me for a second. Whilst he did this, Smores (the ever so cheeky bun that he is) hopped back over to his side and pretended to be interested in a particular corner of the newspaper. Giggles instantly flopped and acted as though she had been there all along. Problem is, 2 pairs of eyes had seen them and the open gate in the middle told a different story. Jeff shut the gate and shrugged, thinking we probably hadn't closed it properly when we had set it up.

We had.

Jeff and I resumed our snuggling and watching our movie, happy to have prevented a potential 'situation'. I started dozing off as I was under the effects of Benadryl but I clearly remember watching a talking dolphin when Jeff bolted to the bunnies again. This time, there was no doubt in our minds that that gate had been closed...

Jeff stood there for about 5-10 minutes, watching the bunnies while they both pretended to ignore each other. Jeff turned around and headed for the couch while I watched them. Nothing. The instant, and I mean, the instant that Jeff's tush touched the couch, it happened. Smores, with his newly discovered gate-opening mastery (and I am sure a hidden pair of opposable thumbs), yanked the gate open, hopped over to Giggles and proceeded to binky like a fool.

This time, Jeff had had it. He dumped Smores back on his side and proceeded to chain the gate shut. Yes, chained. Smores was terribly unhappy and boxed at the chain angrily. Giggles threw a fit and tried opening the gate from her end. It was no use. We had succeeded. Or so we thought...

A few weeks later, I commented to Jeff how Giggles was eating more than usual. I was happy... Until it dawned on me. Oh no, no no no! Please? All was quiet for a while. I felt nothing. I checked her everyday. Then one day, I opened her hutch only to find a nice and tidy nest. Oh dear! Could it still be a pseudo pregnancy? I sure hoped so...

Then I felt the babies moving...

Now, as much as I was terrified, and as much as we didn't want babies, I loved them from that moment on. Some told me I should have aborted them right then and there. How could I? How could I deny precious babies the right to live? Some said I should never have put them in the split playpen. Possibly. However, if you'd see them together, even with the fence between them, you might understand why I did what I did. The fact of the matter is, what happened happened and I could only act on the present. I could choose to abandon my rabbit in a time of need: risk her life, risk the lives of the babies, or choose to give them all a fighting chance. There was no doubt in my mind which I would choose.

At 28 days, I was ready. I did not sleep that night. Jeff set up a webcam so I could view her from inside without disturbing her. Nothing. On day 29, I knew she was ready and expected babies that evening. At around 6:30pm on October 19th, Giggles gave birth to two babies. One was a stillborn but the other was strong, very strong. We spent the night awake again, watching her on webcam incase there were any others. I held the baby to move him from the nest she built into the more sheltered nest Jeff built and at that moment, he curled up into my hand and I knew I had done the right thing.

His name is Rolo and he is product of love...
[/align]

[align=center]
twizzler1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Twizzler is a lil guinea pig I adoptedat the end ofAugust. I have had guinea pigs since I was about 3 years old and I have always loved them. Unfortunately, my father was terribly allergic so we were never able to keep them. That's actually how I ended up with bunnies. However, being that I have terrible allergies when it comes to the bunnies, I wanted to rekindle my love of guinea pigs and see how much I could tolerate them. I ended up bringing this little guy home after a long day at school. He was my veryfirst purchase on my own in the Netherlands. LOL. [/align]

[align=center]Twizzler is not the friendliest guy. He's pretty high strung and nervous. He's a funny piggie though and I just love him. He was terribly shy but once we got him a buddy, he came around a bit more. He still will not try anything new unless he sees Jelly Bean trying it first. It makes us laugh. [/align]

[align=center]
jellybean1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Jelly Bean was gotten as a companion for Twizzler. Unlike Twizzler, Jelly Bean was much more socialized when we got him so he settled in very nicely. Jelly or Mr. Bean as I like to call him, is very laid back and loves to snuggle. He's quite the suck up and will call me at the slightest ruffling of a bag in the hopes that he will get treats. He's a very silly lil guy and he's even escaped his cage twice, trying to explore the house. He loves to snuggle in people's clothes and necks. Jelly Bean is adventurous and will try anything. Because of this, Twizzler has come out of his shell a lot more and they get along nicely.[/align]

[align=center]That is our family currently. Because of health issues, we will not be adding anyone to the family any time soon. Everyone gets along great though and I think we have a very nice balance at the present time.[/align]

[align=center]If you are interested in seeing more pictures and reading more stories from last year's blog, you can find it here:[/align]

[align=center]http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=59470&forum_id=6&page=1[/align]

[align=center]We hope you will enjoy your time reading our blog. Remember to leave comments and let us know if we made you smile![/align]

[align=center]:biggrin:[/align]

[align=center]Yesterday was another good day. :)[/align]
[align=center]I had my first appointment at the hospital with my new pulmonologist in the afternoon. I must admit that I was quite apprehensive. I'm always nervous when meeting doctors for the first time. Of course, Jeff was with me so that helped. [/align]
[align=center]The first thing I noticed was that the hospital didn't look like a hospital. It certainly didn't look like any hospital I have ever soon. :shock:The first thing you walked into was a very spacious lobby with a recption desk in the center, a waiting area on the left, and a cafe area on the right. From the lobby, I could see some rooms on the 2nd floor that had a large window overlooking the lobby.It felt more like a hotel of some sort to be honest. It was extremely clean, and not hospital-y. Lol. It didn't have that smell... There were colors... It was quite nicely decorated actually. While Jeff spoke to the receptionist, I looked around, like a kid seeing something for the first time. Lol. Had I had my camera, I would have had to resist the urge to snap up some pics to show you.[/align]
[align=center]The next thing I noticed was that each section had it's own reception and waiting area. It was quite nice, and quiet. I have never known a hospital to be quiet really. :expressionlessThe seats looked like wooden benches but it turned out that they were foam and quite comfy. On the walls, they had leave patterns painted and while I was looking around, I saw what appeared to be a spot where light was being reflected. I kept staring at it, only to realize that it was a mouse or a rat being projected on the wall. At first I thought I was going nuts so I nudged Jeff and I got worried when he didn't see it at first. Then he spotted it and was as interested as I was. We looked around but couldn't tell where it was coming from. In fact, it looked like a radioactive mouse glowing right through the wall. LOL! Jeff and I kept staring and talking about it, enough so that the women sitting under it were wondering what in the world we were on about. They didn't see it. Frmo the looks we were getting, they seemed tothink we were absolutely insane. Lol.[/align]
[align=center]Soon after, my doctor greeted us, shook our hands, and led us to his office. Doctors do that here, they always shake your hand. In Montreal, they find it unsanitary. Lol. The appointment went really rare. Considering the amount of medications I have, he classifies me as having serious asthma. On the other hand, like I told him, I have never been hospitalized for it so it's really not as bad as it could be.[/align]
[align=center]He began by asking simplequestions like where I am from, how I came to Holland, etc.He asked about the home we are living in and if we have carpets, if it was a new build etc. He was very happy with the answers.The funny part was when I told him I normally have no problems in the home. He got a little confused and asked where I have problems then.I muttered "The shed." Of course, he asked was in the shed. Lol. I told him we had rabbits there. So he looked at Jeff and said "Oooh so you have rabbits?" Jeff got all agitated, pointed at me and said "No no SHEhas rabbits! SHE'S the one who is allergic and wants them!" Lol. I told the doctor not to listen to him and that they are really his rabbits. Hehehehe. The doctor didn't say anything about them since they aren't in the house. Of course, I didn't once mention anything about a cat, or two... Nor a guinea pig. Or two...[/align]
[align=center]I ended up getting a new inhaler after all. It's the purple one. I believe it is Pulmicort? Seretide the generic name? Not 100% sure as I have not gotten it yet. I have to use it as well as the Spiriva and Salbutamol. :expressionlessAnyway, he checked my saturation, pulse, and breathing... Breathing was normal, saturation was just a tad under my normal levels, and my heart was too fast despite being on the beta-blocker. I'm actually happy about that. That means he's seen it being too fast from doing nothing. That helps them understand the necessity of the beta-blocker.:)[/align]
[align=center]In the end, I got the meds prescribed, and a bunch of blood tests. He's going to screen for all sorts of stuff. I told him to knock himself out. He might as well get them done all at once. The less needles, the better. Lol. He'll be screening for food allergies and intolerances, something I haven't had done before actually. I doubt he'll find anything though. So aside from that, I have to go back on the 28th. Already. He wants to see how I am doing then. If things aren't better, he'll most likely be giving me a nebulizer machine. I also have to do the lung function tests. He mentionned the histamine provocation test but decided against it for the same reasons as my last doctor. I got my blood test done right away so we will know on the 28th if there is anything abnormal.[/align]
[align=center]Now, I also had my course yesterday evening. Our new teacher is very nice. She is turkish and pregnant so unfortunately we will only have her until April. Ah well. I tried to do my work but, as usual, the computer programs weren't working. I ended up putting my earphones on and listening to music while I did grammar exercises in my book. The teacher came to see why I wasn't working on the computer so I demonstrated how the program glitches and she let me keep working in my books. :)[/align]
[align=center]The fun thing is, I met an American in my class :biggrin2:His name is Matt and he is from Illinois. We seemed to click right away so it was nice to pair up with him during the class. He's got a sense of humor like mine so it was quite nice. There were more people yesterday as well and it was a pretty good lesson. I am hoping the rest of the lessons will go as smoothly :)[/align]

Nela's new blog and I'm the first one. BOOYAY !!! :pinkbouce: Great pictures you have, Nela. :) I like your hair, wanted to do curly myself but it ended up I spent so much money for one night curly, yeah, that was painful memory :(
It's so nice that Jeff is always there for you. You're a very lucky woman :) By the way, in his pic, can't really tell who is more handsome :D hehehe just kidding. They both look gorgeous. It's so good for you to have such a hospital. It reminds me of one movie about a doctor who wants to build a nice hospital which really gives care for patients. Darn :X I can't remember the name of this movie.
I hope your health will be better soon. :) Since you have a hospital with a great environment :) Best wishes for you, my friend.
:) Oh your class is going great. :) I'm really happy for you. It seems new year starts perfectly awesome for you ! :) It'll be the best year for health and everything.

Hugs !

Oh PS PS : Rolo got big !!! :shock: Wow ! I didn't see his pics for some time and now he's a big boy :) hehehe.
Take care.

It all sounds so positive! the hospital (WOW) they certainly aren't like that here! and your class and a new friend etc. so loving all this for you! it totally rocks :) I'm so glad it's all going well. It feels good to be in the hands of a good doctor doesn't it?

:hugsquish:

[align=center]:big kiss:[/align]

[align=center]Awww shucks! You all make me feel so loved :biggrin2:Hehehe. What a pleasant thread to come in and read![/align]
[align=center]***[/align]

[align=center]Vircia, my friend, I am so happy to hear from you! I'm afraid to tell you this, in fear that you will no longer like me, but I curl naturally. Lol :pIt's is one thing I cannot complain about. I curl - a lot. I love wearing it straight too and Jeff got me a great straightener a while backthat gets the job done very quickly - and it's pink. Hehehe. :biggrin:On the other hand though, back in high school, my hair was soooooooooooooo thick! I looked like a bichon. :expressionlessIt took years of layering to get it to a normal thickness. It's all good now. I just play with the color as my natural color is dull. :)[/align]

[align=center]Lol I think Jeff is a great guy and I think he looks great as well. That's just an added bonus :biggrin2:Of course, seeing him handling the furbabies just makes me love him that much more! The hospital surprised me quite a bit myself. I had heard that they had good healthcare here but I really couldn't imagine. The dutch are pretty artistic and you can find quite a few nice looking buildings around. As for the movie, the only one I can think of is Patch Adams with Robin Williams. Lol. I don't think that's the one?The class is really going well too. I'm glad I decided to try again. :)The quality of the program is definitely not there but we also do not pay for it so I am not as bothered anymore. I have my own course I can do to improve on it. Two evenings a week is much more convenient than the 4 afternoons a week I was doing before.[/align]

[align=center]Rolo IS big! :shock:It makes me laugh to see him bigger than his mom already. Sheesh! His father isn't huge either. I guess maybe it has to do with him being an only baby? No idea :expressionlessLol.[/align]

[align=center]MiniLopHop, you are so very right about love overcoming things. I mean, I am still not happy that it happened but it did. We were very lucky that she only had the one. It didn't change anything for us really. Unfortunately, I did choose to rehome Smores and Giggles with Jeff's sister but that is something that would have happened with or without Rolo. Now, I just get to keep 2 rabbits instead of just Maybelle. With Maybelle being more free range than anything though, Rolo makes no difference. I'm really happy that we gave Giggles a chance. I mean, he's adorableno? :biggrin2:[/align]

[align=center]Trist,I admit, I am very happy. I've been very happy for 2 years now, but things just are so comfy since I am with Jeff. Having good medical care is a definite plus. I havea lot of bad days due to health so proper management is really important. It seems that I will getthat here though. :)I'm trying to see the positive in everything though. It helps a lot that I have slowed down and enjoy the littlest things in life most. It's really made things more pleasant for me. :biggrin2:As for 'gorgeous' hmm ok thanks :pThat's the proper thing to say right? Lol![/align]

[align=center]Ali, I'm always happy to see you commenting on the blog. I've always liked reading yours and with all your pets I'm glad you can still enjoy mine :pHehehe. I am hoping this blog will bring you many smiles this year :biggrin2:*Muah*[/align]

[align=center]________________________________[/align]

[align=center]As for me... I lied. (bah ok insert blushingsmiley here - emoticons aren't loading)I am looking into a possible future addition to our family as I type this... Lol. I'm not saying what it is yet. All I will say is: It's not furry, and It wouldn't be until late spring/summer.[/align]

[align=center]:biggrin2:[/align]

LOL. You're right, Nela. I envy you for natural curly hair you have. :) it looks really nice on you. :) I stopped thinking of curly hair for myself. Yep, scared that I will spend money for nothing again. It seems like my hair is not that easy to be curled up. :X So yeah it's straight ahead to the bottom, hahaha. Yes yes ! That's the movie I mentioned about. Thanks for reminding me :) hehe. I like that movie. It's a touchy one. Watching it makes me want to become a doc. But then again... did I ever tell you ? I'm scared of needles... yeah but I love sewing. How weird is that ? LOL :D
New member of tator tot family ? :) Wow wow ! Hmmm let me think... It's not furry ??? Can it be....hmmmm a baby ???? :big wink: This pops up in my mind at first place. :) hehehe.

Take care, my friend. :hug2:

[align=center]:faint:[/align]
[align=center]My nerves are shot![/align]
[align=center]This morning started off really nicely. I woke up late and realized that Jeff was already up and about. I was feeling a little silly so I called his cell which was on his nightstand, thinking he would come up if he heard it. He didn't hear it. Bah lol. I got up, showered and dressed. When I came downstairs, Jeff had been up and cleaning. He had emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the sink, taken out the garbage, fed the bunnies, and he was off to clean the litterboxes... :ponder:Well okay, I wasn't going to get in his way :pI was happily tidying some things up in the kitchen and was looking out the window to spot Maybelle. I didn't see her so I figured she was still in the shed... I kept tidying and looking out when I spotted some movement.[/align]
[align=center]This is what was going through my head...[/align]
[align=center]Oh look, a bunny! Is that Megan (the neighbor's bunny)? Didn't she have white? Must be a new...[/align]
[align=center]And then it dawned on me...[/align]
[align=center]"Jeff?! Did you let Rolo ouuuut?!"[/align]
[align=center]"Um no???"[/align]
[align=center]"!#@$#!"[/align]
[align=center]Next thing I knew, I was out in the yard, running after the lil pipsqueak. Thank goodness the yard is well-closed. :expressionlessYou know those stupid cheap heart-shaped doorknobs on the store-bought hutches??? That's what we have. And if you turn them the wrong way, they get loose... Turns out they managed to pop the front door open and hop out.[/align]
[align=center]Now, I was expecting to simply pop him into his hutch after scolding him for scaring me (he's too little to be outside alone!) but when I got to the hutch, Giggles was missing. Meanwhile, I look around and Maybelle is sitting on the shed floor, free to go where she pleases. My first thoughts were "Please tell me Maybelle didn't eat Giggles, please pleaaaase..." Luckily, I found Giggles hiding behind the hutch, grabbed her and put her back in.[/align]
[align=center]:expressionless[/align]
[align=center]That could have been really really nasty. If Maybelle hadn't eaten either of them, maybe they'd have been lost (Giggles can definitely fit through the fence, maybe even Rolo), or a cat could have gotten them... [/align]
[align=center]I'll definitely be installing proper latches in the very near future.[/align]
[align=center]After all this, we got ready and headed off to shop. Yay. :expressionlessI had to buy a stupid bra. That's always fun right? Especially for a guy...Mumble grumble grumble...Luckily, Jeff is easy about stuff like that and even helped. Lol. You wouldn't catch my father ever doing so! Anyway, after some help from the lady at the store, we bought one. It wasn't so cheap, and standard looking but ok. Jeff suggested we look online for another so that's what we will do. After that, we went to a few more stores and got the groceries done. We came home and unpacked the groceries...[/align]
[align=center]Now...[/align]
[align=center]You'd think everything has gone back to normal now. No more stupid things happening. But no.[/align]
[align=center]Jeff was off to the bathroom or something and I continued unpacking the groceries. At some point, I hear a cry. I don't know how I managed to know, but it didn't sound like a normal cry to me. There was something about it that made me need to investigate. I wasn't sure what it was at first. Maybe it was a neighbor's child... Then I heard it again and thought it was most likely a kitten. It might be hurt or lost or something... I went out to look.[/align]
[align=center]While I unlocked the back door, I looked around in the yard and saw nothing. When I stepped out however, I found the source. A cat was sitting in the gutter on the roof and crying. Thing is, when the cat spotted me, it became more frantic.[/align]
[align=center]The cat knew me.[/align]
[align=center]It was HOUDINA.[/align]
[align=center]!@#$%^@![/align]
[align=center]:shock:[/align]
[align=center]What the? How the??? Turns out Jeff accidentally left the attic window open (he opened it to air out after cleaning the boxes) and Houdina must have leapt from the banister, through the window, onto the roof. :expressionlessMy poor girl was sitting in the gutter, being rained on, and crying out for us. I freaked out. Luckily, she wasn't too high up so I climbed the fence and managed to grab her. Coming down was a bit more complicated though... Lol. Anyway, I made it back with her and squished her tightly against me. She was fine once inside. :expressionlessShe just wanted to go back to her cat business. Meanwhile I was still pretty shaken.What if I hadn't heard her? She was definitely not very loud... What if I had ignored it?[/align]
[align=center]Bleh.[/align]
[align=center]Poor Jeff too. He felt pretty bad. We'll be looking into child safety locks for the windows now... Bleh. It's an attic window too... Slanted... Nothing behind it... You'd think a cat would not want to jump into the unknown... :expressionless[/align]
[align=center]So, that was our day. I'm keeping a close eye on the guinea pigs now...[/align]
[align=center]_______________________________[/align]
[align=center]Grace, thanks! I am glad you enjoy it. :biggrin2:I saw that you started yours up again so I will have to go peek right after this. ;)[/align]
[align=center]Hehehe Ali, I do miss my gecko. However, I'm not thinking of getting another. To be honest, I'm just not a huge fan of having crickets in the house. Buying them regularly is annoying, and so I would prefer to raise them myself but they get stinky, and noisy. Especially when one escapes into the bathroom... :pHow do you do it? I am enjoying geckos through you right now :biggrin2:[/align]
[align=center]LOL Trist! Ummm no. Lol :pNo offense to the cats nor the people who like them, but I think they are pretty scary looking. Hehehe.[/align]
[align=center]MiniLopHop, rofl! A naked mole rat... Now that would be something :pI'm sure that neighbors would just love me having one. Lol. That's even scarier than the naked kitty though. :biggrin2:[/align]
[align=center]Vircia, awww it's too bad that it doesn't take. :expressionlessDid you try that many years ago? I wonder if they've improved things enough that you might have success with it now... Bah either way, I am sure you look stunning with your straight hair ;)[/align]
[align=center]I love Patch Adams by the way! That's a movie I love to watch on rainy days. :biggrin2:Hehehe I am scared of needles too! :expressionlessI have to prick my fingertips often though for my sugar levels and I've gotten it for asthma attacks too. Loads of bloodtests. I've only gotten one IV and it was in my arm so that was ok. I'm quite scared of the IV in the hand to be honest. Lol. But yeah, needles... Beurk! :yuck[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Nela wrote:
[align=center]:faint:[/align]

[align=center]My nerves are shot!
[/align]

[align=center]Hehehe Ali, I do miss my gecko. However, I'm not thinking of getting another. To be honest, I'm just not a huge fan of having crickets in the house. Buying them regularly is annoying, and so I would prefer to raise them myself but they get stinky, and noisy. Especially when one escapes into the bathroom... :pHow do you do it? I am enjoying geckos through you right now :biggrin2:[/align]

After all that it is no surprise.

I buy them as needed and let them eat a bit before they are fed. I also feed mealworms and superworms.

Lol, nope, not fish Grace. :p

Yeah Ali. :expressionlessThe worst thing is Houdina kept patting and mewing at the cabinet after. I thought I had acidentally locked Baloo in there. Luckily, he was just upstairs sleeping on the bed. Lol. Ah yeah, I remember you telling me about the crickets now. :)

It's a beautiful day today. I'm gonna go let the Divabelle out :biggrin2:I'm gonna clean the shed and sort out some things. I think I am going to start working on the landscape designas well. :)

[align=center]Beware, the New Year's Resolution buster....[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02807.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02808.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02809.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]It's the yummy,ooey, gooeybanana goodness filled beignet. :inlove: I ate it this morning. It's typical dutch and these things are found at Oliebollen karts parked at shoppingareasaround the country. They are found during the holidays as it is a holiday treat. Yesterday, when we went shopping, I couldn't resist buying some as it should be gone soon. Mmmm the banana is my favorite. They have other kinds: standard oliebollen, some with raisins, cherry beignets, apple cinammon, custard, pineapple, etc.[/align]
[align=center]Yummy! [/align]
[align=center]Ok so my camera battery is charging and I am backing up my memory card so I thought I'd share about the beignet... Lol. I promise more interesting pictures soon. [/align]
[align=center]:p[/align]

[align=center]Oh I forgot to add this picture...[/align]
[align=center]Here is a picture of the hospital lobby:[/align]
[align=center]
diz1000low_SpaarneZiekenhui.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]The large windows upstairs are the hospital rooms I was talking about. The hospitals I have seen looked nothing like this at all. Lol. Yes, it really was this clean looking in person as well. Very modern. :)[/align]

Latest posts

Back