ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LakeCondo wrote:
I recommend planting fennel, both for humans & rabbits. It's a perennial, though sometimes it dies down, but will come back & reseeds as well. Virtually the whole plant is edible. I often pick off a sprig & eat it while I'm gardening. After it flowers & makes seeds, you can eat them while still soft, or let them dry on the plant & save for winter. Fennel's only disadvantage is that it's tall [6 ft], so if it's in a flower bed, it has to be in the back.

Thanks LC, definitely will look that up. And I know the right spot for it. My neighbor has a nasty wooden illegal fence that I am forced to look at so 6 ft plants will be perfect to plant something that will be good for all of us and hide that eye sore.

Thanks. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

K:)

wendymac wrote:
Oh my goodness, she's absolutely adorable!!!!!!! She and Neville are going to make some awesome babies! The waiting has to be driving you crazy...I know it would, me. LOL

I can't wait to follow your journey on the DM Lions!

I know! But thanks to Adeline and you posting pics and reading your posts, it helps keep the craziness away. lol

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Will definitely share our journey.

Last night, SUCCESSFULLY did nail trimming! My husband and I as a team got our boys relaxed and nails done. My husband has bonded so well with all the boys that all he has to do is talk to them and they will calm down enough so that I can trim. And I have to say, I was proud myself not being as hesitant or as nervous so it wasn't a long time they had to stay still. Practice makes perfect. And with bunnies you need a plan so that stress doesn't enter into it. All the boys did very well and had a romp afterwards. Hoping this is a sign that our plan is showing promise.

Also my husband's idea of setting up the x-pen in front of all the crates is working. Our boys are curious about each other but all my boys are very possessive of their space so anxiety with one running free and another in their crate was starting to show. No aggression or charging, but we saw a bit of nervousness. And rather than experience a problem, it's easier just to nip it in the bud now and acknowledge they are individuals and we and the other bunnies should respect their space.

They got to see each other and they know each other are there, but when out and about, we are showing them respect for each other by not allowing them under the crates or near them to chin mark. Work out well. And will be used more now that we saw how well it worked out.

I know it sounds odd that we have such a plan, but after the debaucle of the bonding of Kreacher and Dobby, we had to figure out how they could live together separately in peace. And they are doing it. To our surprise. That's why we say that a lot of people don't realize how intelligent these little critters are and how well they adapt when given time. They are truly amazing.

K :)

I hate nail trimming, especially the ones with dark toenails. I actually use my really bright sewing light, so I can see. Kudos on keeping them relaxed the whole time, and as stress-free as possible!

I do the same thing with our Xpen. I didn't need it as much when the cages were hanging, and just used it to keep them from getting urinated on from above. LOL Now that they're stacked, I just block the other cages off.

I bet they had a lot of fun...they could see each other, but didn't have to worry about the others marking their cages.

I agree with you...bunnies are VERY intelligent! I'm not sure they're up there with dogs or other animals, but they're definitely not stupid.

YAY for happy buns! :)

wendymac wrote:
I hate nail trimming, especially the ones with dark toenails. I actually use my really bright sewing light, so I can see. Kudos on keeping them relaxed the whole time, and as stress-free as possible!

I do the same thing with our Xpen. I didn't need it as much when the cages were hanging, and just used it to keep them from getting urinated on from above. LOL Now that they're stacked, I just block the other cages off.

I bet they had a lot of fun...they could see each other, but didn't have to worry about the others marking their cages.

I agree with you...bunnies are VERY intelligent! I'm not sure they're up there with dogs or other animals, but they're definitely not stupid.

YAY for happy buns! :)
Definitely dark nails do hinder the sight of the quick. And most of my boys are dark nail so it did take me some time to build up confidence in what I'm doing. But in the end, my husband and I found a way to make this chore less stressful for all of us.

Yea, they did have a lot of fun seeing each other, and know that no one could get that close. Willard was having a hard time being an intact male. He really is possessive of his area. Now he's not aggressive to us at all, but he does get a bit antsy when the others come around. I just don't want fighting. I know how bad it can turn out. Rabbits can be very vicious and I don't need injured rabbits or big vet bills.

We do what's best for our bunnies. We look at them as individuals and plan accordingly. I think it's better for the relationship as a whole.

Ditto on the YAY for happy buns!

I just wanted to drop a line and say I read your blog cover to cover this morning and WOO! Your family sounds amazing. I can't wait for future updates.

:energizerbunny:

Samara wrote:
I just wanted to drop a line and say I read your blog cover to cover this morning and WOO! Your family sounds amazing. I can't wait for future updates.

:energizerbunny:

Thanks Samara for dropping in and reading my blog. Thanks, I have to say I think my family is amazing. Our bunnies have been such a pleasure and have brought both myself and my Husband out of a very dark place in our life. To that I will always be truly grateful to our boys!

Wow Karen, you seem to be VERY popular! I also just read your blog from cover to cover and it's AMAZING to see how you've progressed throughout the year. You are indeed a strong person and VERY optimistic despite the difficulties that life has thrown at you! I also LOVE the way you treat your bunnies and too have the same awe when it comes to how intelligent and unique each bunny really is. My favorite of your bunnies has GOT to be Dobby! He's lovely. Kreacher almost reminds me of my Peter, Neville is a stunner for sure, Luna is just precious and I don't believe I saw pictures of Willard because you didn't take any if I'm not mistaken. Awh I wish my boyfriend was as into my animals as your husband is with the buns! He likes Peter but doesn't realize just how intelligent he is, but then again, he's really into his budgies. It's very sweet to see such a big man giving vitamins and baths to these two little birdies, it shows a big heart and speaking of that is definitely something you have! You've transformed your life tremendously from the sounds of it and glad to hear that the buns have helped you progress and that they bring so much joy to both your husband and yourself! Looking forward to seeing future pictures of the kids ;)

Oh, and P.S. I think that ZRabbitry is a great catchy name. I wish you the best of luck on your journey with it!

holtzchick wrote:
Wow Karen, you seem to be VERY popular! I also just read your blog from cover to cover and it's AMAZING to see how you've progressed throughout the year. You are indeed a strong person and VERY optimistic despite the difficulties that life has thrown at you! I also LOVE the way you treat your bunnies and too have the same awe when it comes to how intelligent and unique each bunny really is. My favorite of your bunnies has GOT to be Dobby! He's lovely. Kreacher almost reminds me of my Peter, Neville is a stunner for sure, Luna is just precious and I don't believe I saw pictures of Willard because you didn't take any if I'm not mistaken. Awh I wish my boyfriend was as into my animals as your husband is with the buns! He likes Peter but doesn't realize just how intelligent he is, but then again, he's really into his budgies. It's very sweet to see such a big man giving vitamins and baths to these two little birdies, it shows a big heart and speaking of that is definitely something you have! You've transformed your life tremendously from the sounds of it and glad to hear that the buns have helped you progress and that they bring so much joy to both your husband and yourself! Looking forward to seeing future pictures of the kids ;)

Oh, and P.S. I think that ZRabbitry is a great catchy name. I wish you the best of luck on your journey with it!
Thanks holtzchick for dropping in and reading my blog. Thanks so much for all your kind words. I am so grateful because it was my Husband's idea to get rabbits. And he wasn't really thrilled at the time but was there to support me. But oh my boys drew him in. My Husband has such a kind heart, and was truly devastated when we lost Henry, that I'm so pleased and thrilled that he's gotten so much from our boys. So much so that the boys have really attached themselves to him. They all love to sit under his chair in the kitchen. And Dobby will actually come running when my Husband calls his name. Will lay or sit next to my Husband's recliner when out so that all my Husband has to do is reach down for a scratch. Dobby has even started grooming him. He's taught Willard to stand tall for a treat. Kreacher will not let my Husband out of his crate without my husband petting him. And will groom my husband and purr. Neville is now starting to be curious of my Husband too. Neville loves to come up, touch my husband's outstretched hand and binkie away to come back and do it all over again.

My joy is watching all this. I get the same reactions from my boys, but seeing this man that I love so much, who gave me the best gift of a Son, who taught me that animals are something special, is what helps me through this dark time.

ZRabbits was my Husband's idea. And both of us are looking forward to this journey together with our bunnies.

I truly hope with this blog, someone out there in that dark place will stumble over this forum, read my blog and others and see that these sweet, intelligent animals, or any animal especially budgies, can help you find your way again. Can make a harden heart soft and receptive again. It has been an amazing transformation. And so totally grateful that it happen. All because of BUNNIES!

Oh my, Willard is beautiful! (I guess I should say handsome lol).

I'm truly sorry for your loss and glad that the bunnies helped heal your pain in one way or another. I know what you mean, a year ago when I got Peter, I was depressed and in aching pain from it as well. The fact that I can give so much to them, and have them give so much to me in return has been like therapy for me! I've never felt better than I do now in their company :) Animals are truly amazing as are rabbits and the bonds they form with their owners are one of a kind!

I do have to say I think Willard is my favorite of your buns; his sad tale, his open expression...

There is just something about him!

Gimme!!

:hugsquish:

Samara wrote:
I do have to say I think Willard is my favorite of your buns; his sad tale, his open expression...

There is just something about him!

Gimme!!

:hugsquish:

Yes, have to agree. There is something special about Willard. That look and that slight head tilt melts my heart as well as my Husbands. Willard and Dobby are my Husband's favorite bunnies. He loves them all, but those two are truly his little buddies. So much so, my Husband's nickname for Willard is "Bunny Bear". And Dobby's is Dobinski.

Awww, Willard is such a little cutie butt! He reminds me so much of my neighbor's bunny, his fur is solid brown but they're both Nethies and his name is Howard which is close to Willard :) Very sweet!! And I call Rory my Bunny Bear, among other things (such as Hare Bear!). Paul always says, "He is NOT A BEAR!!!"

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Awww, Willard is such a little cutie butt! He reminds me so much of my neighbor's bunny, his fur is solid brown but they're both Nethies and his name is Howard which is close to Willard :) Very sweet!! And I call Rory my Bunny Bear, among other things (such as Hare Bear!). Paul always says, "He is NOT A BEAR!!!"
Actually I just read your blog about Howard. I love Willard's coloring. His coat has so many interesting shades of brown in his coat. And his underbelly is such a lovely cream color. If I knew his background, since he's still an intact male, I would definitely have little Willards running around. But since I don't know his background, I would be irresponsible doing so. So he will be the Only Willard, aka "Bunny Bear.

ZRabbits wrote:
SnowyShiloh wrote:
Actually I just read your blog about Howard. I love Willard's coloring. His coat has so many interesting shades of brown in his coat. And his underbelly is such a lovely cream color. If I knew his background, since he's still an intact male, I would definitely have little Willards running around. But since I don't know his background, I would be irresponsible doing so. So he will be the Only Willard, aka "Bunny Bear.

Awh, why is it that everyone adds "bear" to all of their cuties. It just seems to stick that way, just like my little Pandora is now Panda Bear :)

I agree though, Willard is gorgeous!

Pembrooke just wanted to drop in and say hi to all her ZRabbit friends!
Beautiful bunnies and am loving this blog!!!!!
Jj

JjGoesBounce wrote:
Pembrooke just wanted to drop in and say hi to all her ZRabbit friends!
Beautiful bunnies and am loving this blog!!!!!
Jj
Thanks Jj. So glad that Pembrooke stopped by.

Dobby sends :big kiss:

Today our Neville turns 11 weeks old. It feels like he's been with us forever. He looks like he's getting so big, but he's got LOTS of hair and wool

BUNNYS1341.jpg

In this pic it shows his length. He's really not that long but the skirt makes him look long. Which would be an issue if he was 6 months old showing as a Junior.

BUNNYS1347.jpg

Here you can see the mane forming. Also you can see there is still wool on his ears.

BUNNYS1336.jpg

This pic shows how the mane is getting longer since we brought him home.

BUNNYS1343.jpg

I wanted to show you his face. At 10 weeks his facial hair is receding, but double manes do hold their face hair longer.

BUNNYS1336.jpg

Had to show another view of his back and mane.

BUNNYS1345.jpg

As I'm reading the guidelines I'm studying Neville as I do it. I'm looking forward to keep track of his growth, physically and mane and skirt.

He was a pistol today. Trying to get him to stay still for pics. I can't bribe him because he's still too young. And he's smart enough to know pellets are NOT treats. lol

Latest posts

Back