ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Neville sending him betterer hugs.
Amazing of you to catch it that quick, it truly shows how well you know your rabbits. :)
Can't wait to see more Luna!
Jj

Well all your well wishes were received because Neville is definitely on the mend.

Here's a pic from last night. Slight head tilt but his eyes are completely stable now.

BUNNYS1395.jpg

And his Best Buddy there making sure everything is OK.

BUNNYS1400.jpg

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and concern. They helped him tons and me and my husband knowing the support we have here at RO. You guys ROCK!

K:)

Now as promised,

ZRabbits is proud to present our new member.

LUNA

BUNNYS1385.jpg

She is doing so well and adapting so quickly. Boy there is a difference between males and females. She's just a lover. So calm when we pick her up. And so affectionate and once to see everything. But the one thing that she does is when she gets nervous and that's with Jake because she still doesn't understand this big black thing is she will sit in her water bowl. Wet feet and all. But we are going to get her into her permanent crate so she has more room. Plus I'll put something in there so if she needs to hide from the big black thing, she can.

BUNNYS1371.jpg

I'm glad Neville is on the mend. And Luna is lovely. Yes, silly thing, to be afraid of Jake, but I guess she needs a hide box for awhile.

LakeCondo wrote:
I'm glad Neville is on the mend. And Luna is lovely. Yes, silly thing, to be afraid of Jake, but I guess she needs a hide box for awhile.

Thanks LC. I was thinking the same. Just until she gets used to Jake. He loves his bunnies and is so good with them. So patient and gentle. And he's definitely not a gentle dog. But when he's around the bunnies, what a marshmellow.

So once we set her up in her permanent crate, we will install a box until she gets a little more comfortable. But it's certainly amazing how fast females adjust. See it. It's just so odd, having all these boys and now a girl. And to see the differences already.

I'm glad that Neville is doing better! Luna is ADORABLE! I love broken bunnies, I am probably going to get a broken black angora when I pick up my baby girl in april. For some reason the girl bunnies are my favorite, they are so mellow and sweet. They can be cranky sometimes but most of the ones I have had have been wonderful.

Beautiful and adorable! What more could anyone want?
Affectionate and loving!
Jj:)

So glad Neville is getting better. His little face looked so pitiful. Nothing extra hugs wont fix! Love Luna. She'll have those boy whipped into shape in no time.

Thanks everyone. Neville is truly on the mend. He did so well last night that it's like it never happened. His head is almost plumb and he's binkieing and beginning to quick move so I know he's feeling better. Plus the biggest good news was him sitting on top of his house which he loves to do so he can be up high and see everything. Getting down with no problem. This morning, Neville as he usually does, greeted me and was thrilled to see me. Showing me that he can move and jump on his house. Basically saying, "Look Mom, I'm Ok, are you Ok?". My heart just soared.

Luna is doing well in her new permanent home. She's with the boys now and is now part of the Tribe. I figured I know it's bit early but she's healthy, eating like horse, drinking like a fish, and is so comfortable that I felt bad keeping her away from the rest of the tribe. I'm amazed at how fast a female adapts. It's strange. It's truly like night and day between males and females. She got her first brushing, first flip, and did very well. Just a little struggle with the flip because she really didn't know. I told her to relax and stroked her forehead and she calmed right down.

Dobby, Willard and Kreacher, along with Neville all know she's there. Willard was a bit jumpy and eyeballed for a while but this morning all is well. Like she's been there for years. No problems. This morning I got all my greeting from everyone.

ZRabbits is back on track and the Tribe is secure. Jake was very comfortable, still curious of our little girl but comfortable. He's right there with Neville but not as close because Jake knows Neville is feeling so much better.

Again thank you all so much for your well wishes. It truly helped at a time of panic.

Samara wrote:
:hugsquish::hearts:thumbup
Thanks Sammy! Your well wishes have been a HUGE help getting over this with Neville.

You have no idea how it freaked us both out. Seeing this sweet creature so helpless brings back bad memories of what we both went through watching our Son Henry.

As the anniversary looms (April 1st) of the day we found out about how sick Henry was (stupid incompetent Pediatrician said Flu and laziness of not wanting to go to school) it was really hard for us.

Thanks again!

If I was a rabbit I'd want you guys as pet parents to be sure; yours, your husband's and Jake's caring is evident in the postings you make, the time you take in posting, the wonderful pictures and stories, and the excitement with which you talk about them.

Pat yourselves on the back and give Jake a treat, you guys deserve it. As awful as life can be sometimes losing what's most dear to us, the silver lining can come through the dark at the most unexpected times. Your family of buns were meant for you before anybody knew it, I'm sure of it.

Life happens in mysterious patterns and gut-wrenching happenings, but our emotions are what make us human and allow us to find joy in even the smallest fuzzy packages.

My grandfather and I were very close growing up. He practically raised my brother and I. He passed away unexpectedly on 11/18/00. I still to this day feel like someone's horse kicked me in the chest when I think about it. Time seems to slow down just to prolong the agony. He was a Marine and I have carried his dog tags with me everyday since then. It's my way of grieving even after all this time.

Cherish those wee buns as you have shown you guys do; Henry's looking out through their eyes.

:hearts:

:yeahthat: So glad to here that Neville is better and that Luna is settling in very well!
:) all smiles :)
Jj

Males & females have a wide range of personalities, with much overlap between the genders, so I'm uncomfortable with stereotyping. Sorry Karen, but your sample size is too small. Think "Men are taller than women." & picture Danny Divito standing next to a 6-ft+ WNBA player.

I think personality is ingrained to a certain degree based on health and genetics. I also think that personality depends on how a rabbit is handled and nurtured as they grow.

Latest posts

Back