ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZRabbits are all ready for the arrival of Luna in two days! Already contacted the breeder, everything is a launch. Luna is doing so well. Completely weaned and eating pellets and hay, and drinking her water.

Today is supposed to be a beautiful day so we will be out getting stuff done in the yard, on the vehicle and disinfecting Luna' hold crate (temporary) once more just be sure. We will use the strategies as we did with Neville. She will spend 2 weeks in the kitchen getting used the atmosphere and activities of our home. This worked perfectly for Neville. He had no problems when he went to his permanent crate.

All the boys know somethings up but are taking it in stride. Dobby knows something and is a bit upset because the last time he really missed us because of the time we were gone. But this time, I know and will greet him first immediately after Jake. Jake is at the door so he will be greeted first. But I'll sit with Dobby as soon as possible so that he can calm down.

We will both be thrilled once we get Luna home. Then we can relax and just watch her grow. Looking forward to really getting to know what a doe is. As I have all boys, a little girl will be a completely different experience. Looking forward to seeing how different boys are from girls.

All the boys are doing well. Dobby and Kreacher are just maturing into such sweet bunnies. Next month, truly can't believe they will be 1 year old. And what I've read really is true. Once they hit close to that year mark, the maturity level really sets in and their personalities really shine through.

Dobby is our House Bunny. He loves to be out and about with us. Loves to play in the curtains and likes to lay by Jake on the floor at Dad's feet. He comes when my husband calls him. Will stand when asked to for his treats. No peeing while he's out. Not even a poop. Has never chewed on anything other than treats given to him.

Kreacher is our "Snuggle" Bunny. He likes to run around and explore, but would rather sit with me and get cuddles. He loves his neck and ears rubbed so much that he actually will fall asleep in my arms. He's not as high strung as he was as a teenager but has settled into adulthood very nicely. The "Attitude" is gone and he's just turned into a pleasure to be around. He loves my husband's t-shirt and will "make his bed" every night so that he can be comfortable to lay on it. It's just funny to watch him fuss with it and smooth it out so it's just right.

Willard we are finding out that he's a bit insecure in the living room. We thought he was just marking (poops) but as we observed more and more, he loves the smaller room in the kitchen. He will binky and run circles around my husband's kitchen chair and will also settle down and relax. But in the living room, he seems more on guard and we will find him more in the kitchen every time. So we stopped the living room run and have now just let him run in the kitchen. No more marking, except one or two under my husband's chair. I guess so all know he was there. lol. In the living room he loves his crate. And we are finding him out with us more now then ever sitting on his shelf relaxing instead under it hiding. We figured it out. Took a little time but we did. Willard is very happy with the schedule we have for him now. He even how greets me more and more and I have no problems giving him scratches on his forehead which he really likes. I feel good because he now opens up to me and not just to my husband.

Neville, what a sweetie. He is growing up to be such a sweet bunny. He is getting with the program, especially when the bag opens. The bag meaning wheat grass. Our boys all know what the bag is, but now Neville is joining waiting his turn for a treat of wheat grass. He loves it. And truly excellent for them. No other treats yet. In about another month, we will start slowly introducing veggies. And at 7 months fruits will be introduced. We are watching Neville come into his own. He loves his like house and will stretch out now completely on it and take naps. And we are finally starting to see his face. And his mane is really coming in. We laugh because he looks like he has a Beatle haircut. Yesterday when he was in the kitchen for his run, boy can that little bunny hoof it. Was doing his circles and binkies. We cheered him on. "You go Neville". But all our bunnies get that. Neville now knows his name and will acknowledge you when you call it. His little ears go up and he will look at you.

So all is well at ZRabbits. Looking forward to the new arrival and learning what it is to have a little girl.

K:)

Your trip last time was in bad weather, so this one probably will be shorter, unless you're going to a place further away.

PS Calling it a mop haircut won't show your age like the Beatles reference does. lol

LakeCondo wrote:
Your trip last time was in bad weather, so this one probably will be shorter, unless you're going to a place further away.

PS Calling it a mop haircut won't show your age like the Beatles reference does. lol
Nope going to the same place. Will look forward to nicer weather. Last time was such a bear! But well worth the trip. Neville is definitely one heck of a Lion head.

Ah, not a young chickie here. Plus my husband grew up in the 60's and even had a chance to see the Beatles before they were even Beatles. Do you remember the Quarry Men, the Silver Beatles? John Lennon's first two bands. Plus my husband got to meet John Lennon again in Love Park, Philadelphia. John and Yoko. And no my husband didn't ask him anything about the Beatles. Only how he was doing.

What a beautiful day it was here in New Jersey. And yes, all my boys enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine as well.

Set up the X-Pen in the front yard, brought out the little house we have and each of my boys got a turn to feel the breeze on their face, the sunshine on their back and taste of newly green clover. They all really enjoyed.

But the best one to watch was the baby, Neville. He was such a trip! Not scared at all. Loved the feel of the breeze, and once he found clover, boy did he enjoy a nice taste. Running around, binkieing, he truly had a good time. Was so glad we could get the boys outside.

Now all of them are crashed out. Fresh air does a body good. And they all enjoyed it so much.

Once Luna is home and settled we can then start actually working on the garden and bunny run in the backyard. Have all the plans. Know what we are going to plant this year and where. But with the road trip on our minds, not really focused yet.

But we did get them out today. They needed it. I know I did and enjoyed watching them. Wasn't anything to set up the X-pen and sit out with them. Did me some good too.

We are all set. Now just the wait until Tuesday. Temporary crate is all set up. Bowls and litter box all washed and ready. Now all we need to do is put Luna in it. I'm just looking at it now, and picturing my little girl in it. I know she's changed a lot since that pic was sent (4 weeks old) and can't wait to see her. She's all weaned, eating her pellets and drinking water like a champ. So she's ready too.

Samara wrote:
I'm wicked excited too; I can't wait to see pictures and hear about how she does!

Thanks so much. You have no idea how excited we are. Just can't wait to get her home so that we can really concentrate on what we need to do.

We have so much to do, bunny garden, our garden, the bunny run, but once we get her home then we can focus and finally chill at the same time.

Boys had a very relaxing evening. More like they were really pooped out. Neville devoured everything. All the pellets, all the hay, and finished his water. Mark, they were all filled before we went to bed last night. Someone expelled a LOT of energy and he was up and ready to go this morning. All of them were.

Amazing what 15 minutes outside in the fresh air and sun can do for a bunny. And people.

Looks like it's going to be a nice week. And tomorrow is the DAY! Can't wait for today to be over. Husband checked out the vehicle yesterday and it's ready to go. Hopefully I'll be busy at work and the day will fly by. But, my luck, I'll be staring at the clock all day regardless how busy I am.

Once she's home, we can relax. Our breeding pair will now get a chance to grow up. I'm not getting any new bunnies for a bit until everyone is settled in. Actually until my first breeding. I want to see how it all goes first. Heck, maybe a beautiful doe out of Neville and Luna could be my next doe. Time will tell.

Luna's temporary crate is ready to go, but my husband and I discussed it last night that if she a bit bigger we might just put her in her permanent crate and forget the temporary. She will still be in the kitchen with us for a few weeks, but she will obtain the heartbeat in our home and then move in with the boys. Our permanent crates are very easy to stack and move so we aren't worried about that.

Oh well, time to get ready for work. Hope all have a great day. Won't be posting much until we are settled THEN I'll be showing off Luna and begin her journey to adulthood as I have with Neville.

Yay!! Hoping all goes well and it is a safe and enjoyable journey!
Jj

Don't leave us hanging!!!!
Jj

Luna is home. She did well with the trip home.

But came home to something unexpected.

Neville was hiding in his house. Very much not like him. So when I took the house out, he was circling, his eyes were darting and I knew he was sick.

Without doing anything else, off to Dr. Joe. Dr. Joe immediately gave him a quick physical and believes Neville has a inner-ear infection.

Neville is on Baytril, Meclizine and Metacam. Started doses last night. This morning he appears more stable and is out with us. Meaning not hiding. He stays in his litter box. He is eating hay and drinking so that's a good sign.

Totally exhausted. Have to work. Will update tomorrow. But Neville is doing better.

Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes for our trip to get Luna. She's doing well and is just a sweetheart. Photos will be coming. Neville right now is our priority. Need to get my baby boy back to health.

My breeder gave me loads of info. And Dr. Joe is right there.

Talk to you soon.

K:expressionless

Neville is in good hands. Take your time updating about Luna - we understand! Poor Nev :( I'll keep him in my thoughts today for you. :feelbetter:

Latest posts

Back