Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Maybe those looks of thinking of the answers aren't so much that but plotting his first antics when he arrives in Lionhead!

:p

TinysMom wrote:
To me - he looks so regal in this picture - with his first lady...
Oh my, yes he does!
The background color is very good for them.

Aww.... he *definitely* looks mischievous to me. All those little lionheads had better brace themselves! ;)

:inlove: (me, after seeing Zeus' pictures...)

timetowaste wrote:
okay i would like more information about said rabbit right now!

also, when is zeus coming to live with you!?

Tracy
Lord willing (and the creeks don't rise)- we will be picking up Zeus on 2/23 (the time has not yet been set). We will be meeting Ivory in the Beaumont, Texas area at a major landmark so we can recognize each other. The drive will be 450 miles one way for us - I forget how far it is for her.

Zeus is either a flemish or a flemish mix and we're thinking he's ermine because he has brownish eyes if I remember right. We're not sure of his weight but he is on the small side for a flemmie. I'm hoping that the smaller size will keep us from losing him earlier as it seems (to me) like the bigger the flemmie -the younger they die (sometime from heart issues).

I'm not sure what else to tell you - Zeus was at Magic Happens Rabbit Rescue (well - technically he is still there). They are located in Louisiana. He was with them before back in 2006...got adopted out....got returned sometime later (with a girlfriend). The girlfriend passed away after being spayed (but not from being spayed - she was already ill). Since losing his girlfriend he has not been as affectionate as he was before.

I've had more than one PM or email saying to me, "There's something about Zeus that reminds me of Yofi...I think you're going to have quite a handful there.." and I sort of feel that way also. He has the gentleness of a flemish giant but I suspect he has the mischievious nature of a lop....or lionhead.

Let me know if you have any more questions....

Peg

i think he is seriously a beautiful little bunner boy. he looks so cuddly and snuggly. something in his eyes just looks like all he has ever wanted was a happy permanent forever home to call his own. i really hope it all works out, and i hope he learns love again in the form of you, miss bea, and your whole family! poor little guy...he must think she was just taken away. that's just so sad.

i know white rabbits are usually not the wanted ones because they are "boring" (that's what i hear a lot), but i agree with the person in one of your emails that you posted...it takes a real rabbit person to see past the outside and love the personality they've got too!

good luck, safe drive (in advance, like i won't be talking to you before then, haha)!

Tracy

slavetoabunny wrote:
I can see it now...you meet Ivory at a major Texas landmark....you arrive as Ivory is holding Zeus up in the air as the sun is setting....thunderbolts go off..............

OK, maybe that's not the way it will happen.
ROFLOL.....

With my luck - one of the thunderbolts will go off and hit Zin's house.....and of course it will be all my fault!

One of the things I told either Ivory or Wendy is that we will NOT be returning him to them ~ even if he doesn't become a "heart bunny" or if he doesn't bond with Miss Bea. If worst comes to worst...one rabbit will be a bedroom bunny and one will be an office bunny and he'll have a forever home anyway.

I'm not looking for him to come in here and fill Tiny's shoes....no one could ever do that. But I am looking for him to make footprints of his own on our hearts....and in our lives. That's honestly all I ask for...

Peg

slavetoabunny wrote:
I can see it now...you meet Ivory at a major Texas landmark....you arrive as Ivory is holding Zeus up in the air as the sun is setting....thunderbolts go off..............

OK, maybe that's not the way it will happen.
I meant to add - I'd looked at another rabbit in Florida too - but Art refused to drive to Florida and the rabbit was afraid of dogs and we have Lady....

I really feel though that Zeus was meant to be for us...and that somehow or another...Tiny picked him out for us and is going to be snickering up there in bunny heaven at his antics (and going, "Wow...mom is really missing me now - I'd never do a thing like that to her.....").

I really think this is totally meant to be. I bet that boy is gonna steal your heart:). He sounds like such a cool rabbit, I'm jealous:p. The pics of him are just wonderful! He has such control of them ears:shock:.

I've been going back and forth on what to share....how much to share ... how crazy y'all will think me to be. But I guess I'm going to go ahead and share some things...and if I'm crazy...so be it.

One of my favorite rabbits on this forum - ever since he was first on here - was Bassetluv's Raphael. I remember when she found out he had health issues and I followed her postings about him and his health as it went up and down and as she faced whether to make the hardest choice (as many call it "the final act of love"). The day that he finally left us - I gathered Tiny close in my arms and bawled in his fur. It was one of the few times that he let me actually HOLD him the way I needed to hold him without fussing at me. I think he knew my heart was breaking. Di and I have talked a lot since before I lost Ginger and even after she lost Raph.

In fact, the two forum bunnies that influened my life the most in the beginning - were both Raph and Apollo. Apollo was a white flemish giant and when Tiny died, I'd said I couldn't handle a white or a black buck - and it was partly because of him.

Last night I had a dream. Here is how I wrote about it to Di (Bassetluv)...
[line]

I've had more than one person tell me privately that they look at Zeus and can't help but think of Yofi and that Zeus is gonna bring a lot of joy to my life like Yofi brings to yours.

The funny thing is - last night I was dreaming and in my dream - Raph and Tiny were sitting and talking (pre sending me Zeus) and Raph was saying, "Tiny...you really gotta send your mom someone who is funny and will make her laugh. Take a look at Yofi and I'll help you find someone like him...". Then the dream ended.

Today I wake up and find 3 different people telling me that Zeus reminds me them of Yofi...

Heaven help us....

:biggrin2:

Seriously though, I somehow have this feeling - that as much as I loved Raph (he was one of the first forum bunnies I became attached to) - he somehow helped Tiny pick Zeus for me.

I just had to let you know.

Peg

[line]
The funny thing is....she felt the same way - that somehow Raph had something to do with helping Tiny send me Zeus.

But the kicker?

We're picking up Zeus on Raph's birthday....

[line]
All I can say is....if Zeus has a personality anything like Yofi's (which I suspect he does the more I look at his photos...

HEAVEN HELP US ALL!!!

(And never open this blog while drinking or eating...).

Peg

That is really something, Peg, and no, I don't think you're crazy, sheesh:p. Great story. Picking up Zeus on Raph's b-day though:shock:? Little strange, yet, makes sense;). Thanks for sharing!

And, yes, I have a feeling you best not read this blog while eating or drinking for sure!:D

I just keep thinking about Zeus and those cute little dark eyes, his big ole feets and of course that floppy ear vs. the straight up!

If his personality is anything like his looks.... I think we might have to go help peg now and then..... she will probably need a break! LOL!

Looking forward to reading about his antics, more now than ever! I can't wait to enjoy a rabbit with Yofi's personality put down in your stories, Peg. I've always greatly enjoyed them , and I really miss having Tiny here. Glad he still sends you stories from the Bridge. :hug:

TinysMom wrote:
All I can say is....if Zeus has a personality anything like Yofi's (which I suspect he does the more I look at his photos...

HEAVEN HELP US ALL!!!

(And never open this blog while drinking or eating...).

Peg

I paid the last of Zeus' adoption fee tonight - so he's ours ... now it is a matter of picking him up. I long to hold him in my arms...or sit beside him on the floor.

The last few days I've had the strangest feelings at times - almost like Tiny was beside me. I especially feel this if I'm drifting off to sleep or almost awake in the morning. Miss Bea came over to me the other day and nudged me for a pet...just like Tiny always used to do (and she'd never do). I was in shock.

I still ache for Tiny....I'm just not as devastated as I was. I want him here - and I almost started googling for a big black stuffed rabbit to put on my bed and just hold when times get tough and I want to cry into Tiny's fur. It wouldn't be the same thing...but it would be something.

Anyway - I'm dying for Zeus to get here....I'm going to make sure the camera battery is charged when we first get him so I can take lots of pictures.

Peg

Yo Peoplez...

The big black bully is back again...he says I'm supposed to send this to you....

He sez that people and forumz need lots of pictures and since Wendy took pictures this last weekend for my new woman (OUCH...well...a mom is a woman...and he says I'm getting a woman along with the deal)...

Oh - and I have a hobby I'm supposed to show you (Miss Bea and I have the same hobby??)

(The bully says another picture is going here of Miss Bea??)

And he says finally .... to show you the fun-loving side of me...

HEY - WHO TOOK THAT?

NOBODY WAS LOOKING....

We'd just had a bit too much pedialyte...

YOU .... YOU....YOU bully....you may be a hologram but I can still kick your <censored>

TRANSMISSION OVER!

Latest posts

Back