Yay! Lion babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Well, not yet. She is nesting :D I am excited! It has been a year and half since I have had baby lions. Back then I worked mostly with otters and shadeds, this time I want dilutes, shades and selfs. Steffi is a broken himi, I am honestly not sure of her color. I believe black but she has such little color. All himis I have had in the past where black and their points where very dark, Steffi's is light but not blue or chocolate looking.

She had been nesting for a week, constantly moving the hay. Night before last she stopped. She started laying around like a fat cat and I knew it was close! I started giving her small pieces of fresh Lavender. About an hour ago she started in her box. Just digging and chewing but now she is carrying the hay around!

She is HUGE! I expect at least six. This is her second litter, her first one was of one huge DOA I was told. I expect better luck this time. I will foster if I have to. I will get me some little lions.

Oh, and she is bred to a broken blue so CHARLIES :bunnydance:I love charlies.

I think Steffi is done nesting, she has a pocket full of fur but she has yet to explode. *sigh* I am so use to them popping them out as soon as they are done nesting :/ Ugg.

Fergie is a mini lop and the daddy is a lionhead named Jasper. So I am hoping for some lop eared lioheads. She pulled her fur and then plopped herself in a heap beside the nest so now I am anxiously awaiting little babies soon!!

AWWW excitinnngg!! One of our rabbits that came in just had four lionhead/dutch. They haven't gotten their mane yet but i'm super excitied! They are almost 10 days old. I LOVE babies!!! :bunnydance:

My 3 Doe's are Due on the 31st. They arent doing anything today! They were just using their nesting boxes as litter boxes

Oh Misty, I hope they took and are just being silly!! She didn't kindle last night but then it was hard for anyone to concentrate with my youngest yelling all night...don't most babies cry? Anyways i hope that you guys have healthy little kits with pics posted of course!

Jumping up and down in my skin!!!! I was up every couple hours lastnight and finely at 7 AM I knew she was close. She was nesting again. I got up at 7:45 and came in to make me breakfast. I fed the chickens, came back in. Seemed like ni time passed. Checked her again and she was nesting. So I put water to boil for tea. 8:13 came around I went and checked and BABIES!!!!!! When I walked in she had had two and popped the other three would while I watched and snapped pictures.

I had never saw a doe kindle like her. I have saw many does to fat to reach all the way down but they still did what they could. Steffi on the other hand layed on her hip and birthed like a cat! Very weird. But it did make for greating viewing and picture taking.

It was a very bloody birth so the pictures may be to gruesom for some people. I have one where she coughed and... well, she looks like a feeding Vampire.

One broken black DM doe and four pink bucks. All should be Double Maned, two are for sure, but I am not sure if the sire is single or double. One looked like maybe a tort but I am very unsure since they where still wet. Could be Himis so it may be two weeks before I am sure. *shrugs*

I will upload the pictures later today.

Congrats!! Mine arent doing anything today either! I was checking the Standard Rex and she bite me! Dang her!

Latest posts

Back