Yay! Lion babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOh that sucks! Fergie growls so I steer clear of her while cleaning her cage and now that she is so close to kindling I keep a safe distance.

Neena attacked me yesterday but just scratched. Each time she comes at me I get her out of the cage :p She has slowed down on the aggressive launches, now she seems to jump into the box and eye me.

I have never been scratched but hubby has been bitten by her. He was so upset by it because up until a few days ago she had not changed her behaviour towards him only me. So Samantha any pics yet? I am getting so anxious waiting, every time I hear her changing the nest around I peak and I think I am annoying her. I put a towel over her cage so she could have some privacy but I am going crazy waiting.

yay babies!!:pinkelepht:

I have to stay clear of my lionhead Misty too. She leaped at me this morning growling so i hope its close:)

Here, here they are. Durring the birth and right after. One of the pinks now has light broken coloring. Not sure if it is blue or not but I hope so :D

DSCI1313.jpg

DSCI1316.jpg

DSCI1318.jpg

DSCI1323-1.jpg

DSCI1326.jpg

Nice! I hope when I wake up in the morning! There will be babies!!

How do you know just before the momma haves babies?? Does she have mucus coming out or what like dogs do??

I can just tell. When you have bred for so long and watched so many does kindle you just get this sence, or I do. I can just tell by how they act. It is much easier to spot when they are in your bedroom as well, haha. ;)

Last night she pulled more fur went crazy again then plopped her butt and still nothing. I am starting to think this is false seeing as she keeps repeating the same nesting behaviour with no result. I thought I saw movement but it may have been wishful thinking. Your babies are way adorable and making me want tocheck Fergie again!

countrybuns wrote:
Last night she pulled more fur went crazy again then plopped her butt and still nothing. I am starting to think this is false seeing as she keeps repeating the same nesting behaviour with no result. I thought I saw movement but it may have been wishful thinking. Your babies are way adorable and making me want tocheck Fergie again!
Sarah... Your Fergie is Due as same as mine today! I went out there maybe 30 min ago and they arent doing anything yet! Just give her time...

I am going crazy because her and I both are new to this and so I am anxious about whether everything will be okay or not. I just wish there was a way to know she was about to go into labour. The poor thing is huge!

she bred herself on the 1st i didn't plan this one but now that it's almost here i am super excited what about you when did you breed yours?

countrybuns wrote:
she bred herself on the 1st i didn't plan this one but now that it's almost here i am super excited what about you when did you breed yours?
I put the 2 girls ( wooly, rex) at the person's house the night of 27th and came and got them the day 28th of Feb.. The dutch got bred on the 28th of Feb. So today would be 31 days. I'm thinking they will have them Early in the morning.. I will go check at them at 1am to see! Some people say the have them between 1am and 7am...

How is yours doing???

She is sleeping last I checked I know she should probably not be due for another day or two but she pulled fur 2 nights ago and I was told they usually do that no more than 2 days before they pop.

hmm, Some bun's might do it. But none of my girls did. Even the one that did have babies on the 17th.

The longest I have had a doe go between pulling fur for the first time and kindling was 18 hours. I have only ever had two does pull fur more than 3 hours before having their babies.

I know a French Lop breeder who's does would ALWAYS start nesting four days before they had them. The day she gave the box is the day they nested. It was only her Frenchies, too. When she experimented with AFL and ND neither breeds did it.

Then, I knew another French Lop breeder who's does who rarely pulled fur or fed their babies till the day after they had them. I do not know why. They told me they would have them in the nest boxes then go rest and the next day pull fur and feed them. I believe they had a heated barn.

Latest posts

Back