WTH????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fancy77 wrote:
SO John, Zander, and I went to Illinois yest. We decided to take Jay Jay to No Splitting Hares Rescue. I was impressed with the owner Lisa over the phone so we made the long trip down there.

I knew i made the right decision yest. morning when John went to place Jay Jay in the carrier and he was biting him. I know Jay Jay is in good hands and I am grateful for the help, Lisa gave us.

In return I donated a lot of things to her rescue along with a monetary donation. I also wanted to take the advice of (I think SAS) to do a trade. Lisa has a lot of rabbits that need homes, and adding one more would still be added work for her, especially one that needs more time to manage.

The rescue is a 2 story farm home and it is completely devoted to bunnys. If I had to guess she probably has 100. So after a long time of crying and debating we decided to adopt an older girl (no name) I have no idea how old she is, or what her breed is. she needs some weight to b put on her and only was at the rescue about 2 weeks and has come along way since she has gotten there (weight wise I mean) She does have an ear tattoo so that leads me to belive she might be purebred. I could be wrong tho.

We decided to name her Rose and I weighed her this morning and she is 6.6lbs but u can feel her bones and u can see a lot of places that look like they need to b filled out.

4Rose131.jpg

1Rose131.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!! I am so impressed that you travelled all
that distance to take care of him properly. You are a wonderful bunny owner. :highfive:

I have heard of that rescue asI am originally from the Chicagoland area and have friends there.I know that it is a new rescue.

Your girl is gorgeous !

Pat yourself on the back for handling that situation very well.

:hug:

Maureen

Thanks Maureen!! Yes Lisa said she has only been doing this for a year. She seems like she has her act together...she has non profit forms, and what ever else u need to run a rescue. She has many many volunteers to help.

I thought it was ironic she did daycare foe 7 years b4 the rescue

You are an awesome bun-mom, Denise. You did it up for Jay Jay 110%, and opened your home to another bunny in need!

Kudos to you on doing the perfect thing for everyone... Jay Jay, you, your family, Lisa, and Rose. I couldn't be happier!
[align=center]:hug: :hug: :hug:
:great::great::great:
WAY TO GO, DENISE!

Congratulations to Rose![/align][align=center]Best Wishes to Jay Jay!
[/align]

It sounds to me like you took lemons...and made lemonade.

Everyone got the best deal all around - Jay Jay may be able to get some help and this new girl has a great home.

Hats off to you....

I'm glad this all worked out! What you did was the responsible thing given your situation. You made sure Jay Jay would go to a safe place and did more than most to help him and this rescue out. Rose is an absolute beauty! Congrats on the new addition. :hug:

Sorry you couldn't work out the issues with Jay Jay...:(
but you tried...and thats all you can do!

Maybe he is just a one bunn type of bunn!
It is good you were able to help another bunn too!:)
she is beautiful!

Danielle:)

Thank You every one for your support and very kind words. TBH I was reluctant at first to start this thread cuz I was very worried about how u all would respond, I thought it would b one of negativity. But I am blown away at your advice, support and positivity. It makes me feel very happy to a member of this forum.

ETA: I will keep posting pics on my blog....:biggrin2:

Hi Denise: I just came across this thread (a couple of months old) and as the shelter I volunteer at just posted that they received yet another "very aggressive" bun I was curious to see whats going on with you and your situation and what you have found that may have worked for you.

I believe its all about patience and standing your ground, but would again, love to here how its going.

juliew19673 wrote:
Hi Denise: I just came across this thread (a couple of months old) and as the shelter I volunteer at just posted that they received yet another "very aggressive" bun I was curious to see whats going on with you and your situation and what you have found that may have worked for you.

I believe its all about patience and standing your ground, but would again, love to here how its going.
I am sure as u have read on this thread I was too scared to give him the time. and took him to a rescue. He is doing well there and in very capable hands. If i didnt answer your question or if you have more feel free to PM me. THX

Back