Wrigley isn't eating or pooping.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates, updates, we need updates!?!?;)

We just got back. Wrigley did not haveafun time. The vet gave me all sorts of things togive to Wrigley...

Flagyl Liquid

Metacam

[align=left]Reglan[/align]
[align=left]Critical Care Formula[/align]
[align=left]Wrigley was injected with Vitamin B Complex, Reglan, and Fluids.[/align]
[align=left]They're not sure what excatly is wrong with Wrigley histemp. is fine. He does not have a blockage. Theythink it may have been the heat that has made him in a sense begin toshut down.[/align]
[align=left]We're hoping that all the medicine Wrigley was given andthe ones he was injected with will help boost his appetite.If it doesn't in about three days he will have to go into the Vetsagain and will have a blood test, xrays, and his teethtrimmed. The Vet said that some of his teeth have reallylittle points at the end that he doesn't think is enough to cause aproblem. Due to the fact that Wrigley is showing no signs ofdiscomfort and he does not have any ulsers on his tounge. Ifthe problem continues he may have to have his teeth trimmedthough.[/align]
[align=left]I hope that he has just been sluggish and he gets better soon.[/align]
[align=left]Jenn[/align]

Poor little punkin!

Would continue to give him the NutriCal to promote anappetite. Parsley is also said to increase theirappetites.

Glad he got the Vitamin B Complex. Thank you for the detail,BBW. Please do keep us posted on our little guy.

:pray:

-Carolyn

babybunnywrigley wrote:
We just got back. Wrigley did not haveafun time. The vet gave me all sorts of things togive to Wrigley...

Flagyl Liquid

Metacam

[align=left]Reglan[/align]

[align=left]Wrigley was injected with Vitamin B Complex,[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left]-Jenn[/align]
Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the update!!

I have a idea of what the meds are for, but I was wondering if you hadthat info from your vet and if you could share it with us?

~Jim

I scanned the info that my vet gave me on GI Stasis and made it into a pdf.

Here are the links...

http://www.my-precious.org/gis1.pdf

http://www.my-precious.org/gis2.pdf

*I got rid of the header because I don't want to post where I live, but the credit for the info goes to me vet.

The writing on the pdfs was from my vet. Instead of thepellet mixture he is having me give Wrigley Critical Care Formula andcanned pumpkin.

I also have a Newsletter on Rabbit Health News that is about rabbit diets that I'm going to scan when I get a chance.

Hi Jim,

Flagyl liquid is an intestinal medicine. Which I think also to help with an upset stomach.

Metacam is to help with any pain.

Reglan is to help get Wrigley's stomach moving.

Critical Care is made by Oxbow and is a food formula containing timothy hay.

I think the Vitamin B Complex was just to give him a boost.

Then he was given fluids to keep him hydrated.

:D

Carolyn wrote:
Poor little punkin!

Would continue to give him the NutriCal to promote anappetite. Parsley is also said to increase theirappetites.

Glad he got the Vitamin B Complex. Thank you for the detail,BBW. Please do keep us posted on our little guy.

-Carolyn
Thanks, Carolyn!!

The vet told me not to give Wrigley the nutrical. :? He did say that parlsey is really good for him.

Im crossing my fingers for more poops!! Thissummer has been wacky on everyone! ...i know so many ppl that havegotten wierd colds..that you usually only get in the winter!

Thanks for getting back to us BBW.

Great investigative work and :highfive: to you and your vet for being so thorough!

Prayers continue.

-Carolyn

:star: So glad you brought him into the vet right away and didn't mess around.

Latest posts

Back