Worlds away - the Silversong Farm blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HAVE to take pictures...

Each day reminds me of why I am here - my family, horses and rabbits... my boss gave me a framed picture that says an experienced sailor never learned how to sail by sailing on calm waters... or something to that effect.

Getting chinned and seeing happy binkies from all the Checkered Giants, Juno and Juliette keep me going strong...

Yes, I know I owe pictures!

Denise

I lost three friends to cancer this year (two to pancreatic, one to breast). I feel blessed that I still have a chance to figure life out as best as I can. My rabbits have helped me to take life down a notch. :)

On a very positive note, I won an award at my school district yesterday - something I had been aspiring to achieve as those who have reached this pinnacle do something spectacular in their respective departments. I was told I do everything with a smile. That is my life mantra... when one door closes, another opens and it is our job to look at the open doors and windows. Hence, the smile.

On another great note, my oldest son, who found college very challenging in his first year, got a 90 on his first test. I could not be happier!

Denise

:highfive:

:hugsquish: roxy thinks juliette is a bun after her own heart and would be happy to pass on her escapology tips anyday;)
glad things are looking up!

%3Ca%20href=
P1010633.jpg
" alt="">

Axel and Juno's kit "Radar, born June 28th...

%3Ca%20href=
P1010638.jpg
" alt="">

Brother Stinger

%3Ca%20href=
P1010643.jpg
" alt=""> And brother Splash... he poses the best.

%3Ca%20href=
P1010635.jpg
" alt=""> Another view of Stinger...
%3Ca%20href=
P1010496-1.jpg
" alt=""> as when he was a little baby, he had the marking on his backside like a stinger.

%3Ca%20href=
P1010634.jpg
" alt=""> The marking has "softened" a lot.

The rest of the crew are all well - I need to finish three more big cages so each Checkered Giant has his/her own cage -- and I have to tattoo them now that the weather is cooler... not looking forward to that!

Denise

Thanks!

Denise

That is the only name that seemed to fit him... oh, and he has a white upper lip like people in those print ads for milk here in the US...

All three are characters.

Grace (one of the Checkered Giant sisters) is going through a growly phase... she pins those big ears back and I gently catch her and secure her in an upright "football" hold - her body is cradled and secure and she cannot get her teeth onto any part of my anatomy and I talk to her and give her pats on her head and she swears back at me in bun language under her breath... the cure to that is some inside time so once Tim goes to Montauk for his annual fishing trip, "Grace will be in da house!" I might be standing on a table trying to get away from her gnashing teeth but I think she will come around. Older sister Roxanne went through a little phase like this but now she likes my lap and will chin me.

There are some shows coming up - I need a new tattoo unit so I can get the Holland boys and all the Checkered Giants numbered... that should be fun!

Denise

hartleybun wrote:
i get sworn at in bunspeke too:grumpy: not as bad as the slow movement of the ears.......:lookaround

Tonight I got the butt from Grace... she buried her head in the hay, let out a growl and then let me pat her butt while leaving her head in the hay... it is a start!

Calliope made up for it by letting me give her noserubs. I am hopingher friendlinessrubs off on her sister.

Ordered my new Inkinator tattoo set... can't wait to start tattooing those ears...

Denise

hartleybun wrote:
im curious - why do you have to tattoo your buns? some anti-theft measure perhaps?:?
When you show rabbitsin the US each rabbit has to have a unique tatto in its left ear. This helps to make sure the rabbit goes back to the same owner and allows the judges to comment on the correct rabbit. When you have 10 blackrabbits for exampleon a show table they all look alike.

hartleybun wrote:
im curious - why do you have to tattoo your buns? some anti-theft measure perhaps?:?

A requirement here in the US when you show - a permanent tattoo in the left ear - the right ear is saved for the registrar's mark if the bun passes the registrar's exam for ARBA registration.

My Checkered Giants have their own anti-theft device - their rather large teeth! :biggrin2:

Denise

Latest posts

Back