Wildfire, Nutmeg, and Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Wildfire! I know i have two rexes so ishould be used to it but i just can't get over how gorgeous her coatis.:inlove:please give that nosea kiss for me, it'sjust asking for it.:kiss:

Thanks, I'll make sure to give her some extra kisses from you.

She really is beautiful, except she wasn't socialized when she wasyoung so she can be a bit "unfriendly" at times. She reallyhates being picked up, and at the moment I'm doing it all the time tocheck her nipples and make sure she's all healthy, as she'snursing. And the other day, I was stupid enough to try tograb her from under the dresser in my room, which she really didn'tappreciate, so she bit me!! But I only blame myself for not thinking myactions through before trying to grab her.

On the up side, she's getting alot better personality wise.She now comes up to me for some love whenever I open the cage, so I'mvery excited about that. She will even do a flop when she'sout for some excerise and I give her some pets, it's so cute!And she doesn't get all vocal with me either, she used to squeal andgrunt when ever I was near the cage, but now she only does it when Ipick her up.

Here's some pictures of my buck,Nutmeg. He's a really sweety, but not the brightestof bunnies... LOL, makes him good for my mom'spreschool. He won't jumo out of an open cage, so he goes inthe preschool during the day in an open cage so the kids can pet himand give him lots of love, then he goes back upstairs after school asmy mom had allergies.

Hmm... you smell like female bunny, but you don't look like one...
Nutmeg4.jpg

Snuffly kisses!!
Nutmeg7.jpg

Close up!! What a pretty boy!!
Nutmeg5.jpg

He's such a blast to play with, as he really can't stand anyonetouching his bottom... Even if you just hold your hand behindhim, he has to turn around... So, you can get him going insome pretty good circles, lol.

Only beef with this guy is he won't let me flip him... so it's a bit of a pain trying to trim nails.

Aww he's gorgeous! I love the black bit on him, it makes him look so unique!

I know what you mean about Wildfire not beingsocialized, my bunnies weren't either. The breeder took good care ofthem and everything but i think if maybe he'd handled them more whenthey were young they would be more comfortable with being handled. Imean they are very friendly and love attention but more of the 'playingwith' variety. I can stroke them and everything and sometimes they willhop on my knee but that's mostly when i have some food and they wantit.;)They hate being picked up aswell.

Well I borrowed my friends digital camera andtook some pictures of my buns and their cage. I just got themall litter trained, and it now works so much better!!

I've sold one of the babies, the chubby one, to a boy doing4-H. He had his heart set on mini-rex and was having thehardest time finding any locally. And the other two, I've gota view people interested, I just have to arrange for visits.

The Cage
CagePan.jpg

Cage Side view
CageFront.jpg

The cage shelf, I'm giving the grass mat about another week.I bought it last week end at the dollar store, and they love it!
CageShelf.jpg

Top view of potty area, had to set up two litter boxes
cageCloseUp.jpg

Eating from the comfort of a litter box
HarleyEating.jpg

This one shows Harley's cool colours
HarleySide.jpg

She's between my bed and the wall, I have this little shelf thing that runs around half of my room.
PicsOct42005027.jpg

"What's that your holding?"
BratUpClose.jpg

"What?!! Can't you see I'm busy?!"
Wildfire-What.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

:inlove:Soooo cute! Of course, I amjust a little partial to rexes. Your babies have suchgorgeous fur. I just want to reach out and pet the computermonitor.

I will miss them, but at the same time, I knowthey'll be getting lots of love with their new families. Soit makes me sad and happy at the same time.

I will also have some time to work on Wildfire's social skills. She's still a bit scared of people.

And it doesn't help that my room mate scared the living day lights outof them when he vaccuumed... I'm very mad with him for that,in fact I am now looking to move out. He took his angertowards me out on my defenceless (sp?) rabbits, and that isunacceptable behaviour to me.

I was out at the time he did it. When I came back the cagehad been moved a good 3", there was food all over the cage from itgetting bumbed with the vacuum cleaner. and the litter box was in thewrong spot, so I know he tried to move it back where he though itwent. GRRRRR....:X makes me so mad. The red babyeven has a little scratch in her ear.

Anyways, I've found new roommates, and will be moving out as soon as Ican. There are other issues I have with my current roommates,but the vaccuming incident was the last straw.

Okay, it's time for some new pictures.

Here's Wildfire eating some Parsley my roommate has started sneaking her:
WildfireParsley2.jpg

Wildfire-Parsley.jpg

Yes, that's me inside the rabbit cage. I wanted to get themat all tucked under the wire so Wildfire couldn't dig it up.
PicsOct42005016.jpg

And here are some pictures of my newest editions!! I bredWildfire to my friends black bun, Milton. And I'm really notsure what colour they will end up being, I can't wait to find out.
PicsOct42005022.jpg

PicsOct42005025.jpg

PicsOct42005028.jpg

PicsOct42005031.jpg

PicsOct42005033.jpg

PicsOct42005035.jpg

PicsOct42005036.jpg

PicsOct42005034.jpg

I actually got to watch her give birth, and check the babies about 20minutes after they where born. She did such a good job,pulled tons of fur, and gave them a really long feeding once they whereall out.

Well, I'll be posting pictures of them as they get older, but that's all I have right now.

--Dawn

I'm so proud of her, she did such a goodjob! It was absolutly amazing to watch. She'spulled so much fur, and the babies are all warm and snuggly in theirbox.

Wildfire is a beautiful bunny, and I think I may try to show her if Ican get to a rabbit show, but they only happen about once maybe twice ayear here. Actually, I think they are actually over onVancouver Island.

It's so hard to stop myself from taking the babies out, and holdingthem all the time. But I know the best thing for them is tosleep, eat, and grow. I can't wait till they are a bit older,and I'll be able to play with them.

--Dawn

Well I've been letting Wildfire out to runaround the living room, and she recently discovered how to jump up onthe couch. She will now jump up for some loving, then boundaway for some bunny 500's. Last night, I got off the couch tograb a glass of milk, came back to the couch where Wildfire had beenthe whole time I was gone, sit down, and what does the litter boogerdo? She grunts at me, telling me she was not happy thatI sat down on her couch!! She's getting to beone cheeky bun.

The babies are all growing very well. They all have fat roundlittle bellies! Here's some pictures for everyone:
PicsOct42005038.jpg

PicsJan28200615.jpg

PicsOct42005019.jpg

You can see how they are dark with light bellies. As their fur comes in they just look more and more cute!

Here's some of Wildfire, she decided to start building a nest about twoweeks before the babies where due, and she's building one out of ablanket here.
IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

And getting some love.

--Dawn

Yup, it's looking like a split between black andcastor. There are two that are for sure castors butone that could go either way. As the mom is red and the dadis black, castor is a most likely turn out.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
She grunts at me, telling me she was not happythat I sat down on her couch!!
Of course, it's her couch. You did leave it vacant. ;)

Nice to see the babies are doing fine. So is Milton a rexthen?

Rainbows! :)

Back