Who's Your "Heart Bunny"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter had a big newzealand red buck yearsago.he was such a sweety.he died of old age.A holland lop buck i hadwhen i raised hollands.he used to buzz and circle me.A himi agouti buckthat is not even showable that i gave to my neice and was retuned whenshe decided to rise mini rex.bluebird

Cookie is..:cry3
This is the bunny who would NOT let me leave her cage. I'd go to close the door, she'd be there lifting it back up, nudging me. I'd put my hand in the cage, she'd put her head under it. She'd leap on me if I wasn't paying her any attention. On cold days she'd snuggle up in the front of my jacket and fall asleep. We played tag for HOURS (literally) and had fun just chilling out in the summertime. Sometimes she proved to be smarter than I was. The rabbit who didn't like carrots, but preferred celery instead. I have 5 blue ribbons from 4-H. I'm not saying this as a mom, but she was one of the best looking dutches I've ever seen.
We had our tough times, through the teenage stage when I would sit infront of her cage, crying in frustration because she wouldn't let me touch her. We were soon over that.
I still remember the first time I held her..I thought I was going to break her she was so small and fragile. I was afraid of hurting her, and she was just plain afraid of me.:bigtears: Okay, now that I've made myself cry, Cookie is my one and only heart bunny.

It's remarkable the magnetism that some rabbits have...my first one, Sahara, a big tan "mini" (we were told! But 7 pounds), mixed breed i suppose, everyone in the neighborhood wanted to come visit her. The ones after her never got that reaction. She was a loving bun who liked to fall asleep in my lap & run up on my chest to touch my chin with her nose.

Yes, she was a great rabbit but it was never entirely clear to me what fascination he held over other people, especially since i loved my later rabbits just as much. But whatever it was, she had it.

47b6dc24b3127cce97427a3d6b1000000016108Bas2rRoycQ

My two heart bunnies. Hershey is gone now....went to the bridge on May 20, 2005 at the age of 7. She is always in my heart. I miss her bunny kisses, the way she tagged along after me, and her chubby cheeks.

Casper as become my little attention bun, alway nudging for a nose rub. Casper is such a silly bun. Casper will be 8 years old next month.

I've only had 2 bunnies, both of whom are still with me, Rice and Beans. They are complete opposites and i love them both dearly. I think maybe one day Beans has the potential to be my heart bunny but right now its still a relationship in progress with both of them.

Dutches_Rock wrote:
Cookie is..:cry3
This is the bunny who would NOT let me leave her cage. I'd go to close the door, she'd be there lifting it back up, nudging me. I'd put my hand in the cage, she'd put her head under it. She'd leap on me if I wasn't paying her any attention. On cold days she'd snuggle up in the front of my jacket and fall asleep. We played tag for HOURS (literally) and had fun just chilling out in the summertime. Sometimes she proved to be smarter than I was. The rabbit who didn't like carrots, but preferred celery instead. I have 5 blue ribbons from 4-H. I'm not saying this as a mom, but she was one of the best looking dutches I've ever seen.
We had our tough times, through the teenage stage when I would sit infront of her cage, crying in frustration because she wouldn't let me touch her. We were soon over that.
I still remember the first time I held her..I thought I was going to break her she was so small and fragile. I was afraid of hurting her, and she was just plain afraid of me.:bigtears: Okay, now that I've made myself cry, Cookie is my one and only heart bunny.

There are so many posts in this thread that really do vibrate with the person's love for their bunny. Dutches, yours is so heartfelt...I feel as if I know your pain intimately...that all of us who have lost a heartbunny do. Bless you...

Marbles is my heart bunny. I held him in that awful petshop where theattendant dropped him. He was trembling as I held him but I could've sworn I saw hope in those little eyes.Ijust knew I was going to take him home and make him the happiest bunny on earth. I was going to let him run around the living room, give him the best food, give him all the comforts a bunny could ever need or want,andteach him how to trust and love. I knew it was going to be great, but what I didn't count on was him making me the happiest I've ever been in my life, and him teaching me how to love completely, unconditionally.

When he had severe diarrhea and had to go on antibiotics, I'd sit by his cage and watch his every move. I held him for hours and told him he was going to live to be old and gray. Which was funny because he is gray. Ilove Mocha, too -quite possibly more than she would ever appreciate or understand. But Marbles, Marbles is my one and onlyheart bunny.

When I'm feeling down, he gets it, and he'll hang out with me. Nothing particularly affectionate. He'll just sit near me and offer his company. When I'm crying, he'll watch me and wait for me to be okay enough to pick him up, and then we'll end up snuggling for an hour or two till I'm done crying my heart out. Just recently, he's started nudging my ankles when he wants to snuggle.

Justlast night,I tried trimming his nails (half done, still working on it) and I know it hurt or at the very least scared him... he still loves me. He runsoff, but he licks me when I come near to let me know that he still loves me.

And when he kisses me, even when I don't ask for it... it's the best feeling in the world.

d4217385.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures of him. :)

i really have a connection with peapoo..more than any bunny i've ever had, so Peapoo is my heart bunny. Shes such a sweetheart. I think this picture explains it all.....

My heart bunny was Sugar, my 1st bunny ever...

Sugar.bmp

Back in High School I had rescued her from my neighbors who raised Mini Lop/French Lop Crosses for thier dinner table. When her mother had a litter... I kept watching through the fence this little baby looking cute as ever laying on top of her momma's back. I just had to have her... she stole my heart which would have been broken to bits if anything happened to her.

With a lump in my throat, I walked to the neighbors house and rang the doorbell. After what seemed like an eternity, the man of the house answered the door. I must have been beet red! I asked if there was any way possible they would consider letting me have this particular baby bunny. After a lengthy discussion, he gave in. FINALLY! SHE WAS MINE! It wasn't too hard convincing my parents once I had her in my arms... I knew what buttons to push and what words they wanted to hear from me.

From that day forward, she was by my side, snuggled in my bed with me, came up to me and would jump in my lap and "give hugs" when I was feeling down. She was also the first rabbit to ever lick me... I didn't know rabbits licked until then. She was litter box trained,came to me on commandand was spoiled rotten... though she didn't have the spoiled rotten attitude to go with it... (well, not to me anyways... she gave everyone else the cold shoulder and bunny butt all the time ) She was just so kick back and easy going. I sure do miss her.

She shared her life with me for 7 great years, until she passed for unknown reasons, in my arms on a Saturday Spring morning.

ohh i was just reminiscing through thisthread,and you know to see what people have said about their bunnieshas really touched me in many ways,i can feel the lovebetweeneach personand their bunnies in each andevery post,i can see each one of us has that very special connectionwith our fur kids,the love that i am feeling from all these posts feelsso over whelming,how can a little furry timid creature do this tosomeone?they do have this very special gift that if given a chance theywill show you what that gift is,the true meaning of bunny love is to beloved by a bunny,that in itself is a gift for life,something that canbe cherished forever,once they get into your heart there is no way ofgetting them out,even if you try they are still in there clinging toyour heart,(my girl Lollipop)

I have been thinking so much of my little girl Lollipop who has beengone for 2 years and 2 months now,but then there isn't a day that idont think about her but tonight i just cannot stop thinking about whatshe brought to my life,and now i keep thinking about my sweet girlLulu,since being diagnosed being blind back in september 05 she hasseemed to bond with me even more,when she hears my voice she makes thislittle crying sound and she runs around trying to find me,it just meltsmy heart in every way,she loves for me to sit with her and pet her andjust to talk with her,she will just close her eyes and just take it allin.Sometimes when im petting one of the bunnies i start toautomatically think of lollipop,and then before i know it im saying tothe bunnies that i wish Lollipop was still here to shareeverything,argh..im a way over sensitive person and very sentimental,ijust cherish everything that i have with my bunnies,they are reallymagical creatures even when being naughty.

Each and everyone of my bunnies belong to my heart,it is so big thatevery bunny fits in and my two kids and there is still heaps more roomleft,sometimes i wish i didn't have a big heart because it just seemsto get hurt,but Lollipop is my shining star,it's like looking up at thesky at night and there is a star that shines the brightest,that is myLollipop

remember.....you are nobody until some bunny loves you:)

cheryl(who is sitting here thinking about the love of a bunny)

Ok ...I think I finally narrowed it down........

........benjibrindlecoppersmoremooshuchippybinkierosietootsie

...yep....I think that's it.

JimD wrote:

:rofl:

I hear ya! I love them all in different ways. I can't choose.

JimD wrote:

hehe,i know how ya feel,each and every one of my buns belong to myheart,they each have their very own specialqualities:)

cheryl

So far, Maisie's my baby...though Flower hasquite a large part of my heart as well. I don't favorMaisie...it's just that she was my first baby. I think in theend, they both are my Heart Babies, and each get just as much of myattention as the other. :)

My first rabbit will always be the only rabbitthat I have ever been able to give my heart to fully. I was 15 when Igot her from the pet store. She was about 6 weeks old and was a smallbroken black up-eared rabbit of some sort. When she died I drank awhole bottle of wine in under 5 minutes and cried myself sick allnight. I have had 4 other rabbits since and about to get a little blackbuck this Sunday, but for some reason no rabbit after has ever been thesame.

RIP Bun-Bun :bunnydance:, my heart rabbit.

2006_0307Dads0007.jpg

My sweetheart; Snowy Joey is my "heart" bunny. I got him for mybirthday present in 2003. Since he was a baby he has been giving uslicks on our hands and arms. Just recently he has started giving usbunny kisses on the face. Everyone loves Bunny. He is so cute, cheeky,funny and cuddly. He is my first bunny and I couldn't be happier.
When he was sick the first time (with a furball) I was bawling my eyesout. I hated to see my little sweetie sick. I sat by his cage until hewas better.
When anyone in my family is sad, we cuddle Snowy Joey and he makes ushappier. It makes me so happy when he kisses and I don't know how I'llmanage when he goes.
He will always be my baby boy and I love him so so much.

Latest posts

Back