Who's Your "Heart Bunny"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benjibrindlesmoremooshuchippybinkierosietootsie:D

gypsy wrote:
JimD wrote:
benjibrindlesmoremooshuchippybinkierosietootsie:D
hurtsless admitting it all in one breath huh Jim lol.

Laura wrote:
I understand, JimD. It's like picking your favorite child, isn't it?

Laura
Uh huh:wink:

They've all got a special place in my heart!

:tears2: I love this thread.

I'm learning so much because I thought I'd know who some of you would say, but I didn't.

It's heartwarming.

Dearest Laura and Jim, m.e., and the others questioning who their Heart Bunny is or will be,

The way I interpret it is that that one rabbit - or two - are the onesthat are just as in-tune to you as you are to them. There's no guessingat what you or the Heart Bunny is thinking or feeling. You both knowwhere the other is at any given moment, and the response is obvious toboth parties that they understand.

I love all of my rabbits. I'd certainly never ask anyone to pick oneover another. Those that have had a Heart Bunny, like what Pamnock hadwith Princess Anne, Kathy Smith had with King Murray, Tina had withApollo just can't be denied.

All of our rabbits are extremely special and we'd do whatever we couldto keep them with us. One is not more important than another, it's justthat some read our thoughts better than others.

:)

-Carolyn

How wonderfully put, Carolyn. It istherabbit that you have that special bond with - the one thatyou share a spiritual connection with that makes him or her a heartbunny.

:inlove:

I love all my babies and Rupert is nybiggest sweetie but I have to give the honor of "Heart Bunny" to a NewZealand White that I had as a child.

He came from my Aunts farm.

They raised rabbits for food. This boy had escaped and was living wild on the farm. They couldn't catch him.

I just loved that big white rabbit. I begged to have it. Finally theytold me if I could catch him he was mine.They were sure I couldn'tcatch him.

It didn't take long for me to come back in the house carrying "MY" rabbit.

My parents didn't have the heart to tell me I couldn't take him home.Hewas my first big cuddly Bunny. I had him for several years and lovedhim very much. He would tolerate anything and was very loving.

He was the reason I have had such a love for rabbits all my life.

He will forever be my first "Heart Bunny"and I will look for him at Rainbow Bridge when I get there someday.

Jenniblu wrote:
It is the rabbit that you have that special bond with - the onethat you share a spiritual connection with that makes him or her aheart bunny.

That's it! :star:

My heart goes out to those whose Heart Bunny(ies) are over the rainbow.

My Best Friend is over there with them tending to them - and he's one of us. (Buck Jones)

Until we meet again... :pray: :kiss:

:bigtears:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
-Carolyn

my heart bunny is lollipop,she died on 8th march 04.

we were so addicted to each other,i got the pleasure of getting to knowwhat bunny love was for the first time,i tragically lost her though,andi still have that little bunny shaped hole in my heart that just wontseem to go away,i still think about her constantly and everytime ithink about her my heart really hurts,you can feel it skipping a beat.

i loved that little girl more than i loved life,it shattered me so muchthat it took me months for the tears to slow down,i didnt think i wouldever stop crying.

she had taught me a lot about myself,that precious little girl bunny soinnocently touched my life,she also opened up my heart for all theseother wonderful bunnies that have entered my life.ohh where would i bewithout a little bunny in my life now.

i love all my buns,but lollipop is just way up top

lastscan.jpg

My heart bunny:

raphael.jpg

Raph is actually the 3rd 'heart bunny' I've had. When I was a teenager,I had a nondescript agouti rabbit named Thumper. She lived in mybedroom for the first two or three years that I had her (before finallygraduating to a cage of her own in the backyard), and she would sleepwith me in bed at night. She was actually stolen from her cage one daywhen she was 7 years old, so after a week of searching for her, Ifinally called the local radio station out of desperation and askedthem to announce it. Believe it or not, as soon as the show was over Ireceived a call from a man who said some boys in his apt building hadbeen running around with a large rabbit. I got the address,and my (then) boyfriend and I paid them a visit. We knocked on thedoor, and when it opened, there she was, running around in their livingroom. I called to her and Thumper came bounding over to me.Unfortunately a year later I lost her to uterine cancer. She was one ofmy first rabbits, and was extremely special.

And one other rabbit...a little blue-eyed Polish named Fiver...was mysecond 'heart bunny'. I raised him from birth, and that little guy wasone of the sweetest rabbits I've ever known. He would run to greet mein his cage, do flips and twirls whenever he was out for exercise, andjust had something *special* about him. I took him to a rabbit show inPEI when he was a couple of years old and he won Reserve GrandChampion. I was so proud of him that day! But tragedy struck when Fiverwas just three years old...he came down with wry neck, and though thevet tried, nothing could be done for him, and he finally had to behumanely destroyed. The memory of that day, and the pain in having tosay goodbye to my friend, has always stayed with me.

I haven't had a chance to read all of the entries ('tis way past mybedtime and I haven't even been able to catch up on anything in theforum yet!), but in viewing the pics and reading some of the stories, Ireally can feel the love that comes from each one. It is so strong, aninvisible energy that is transferred from animal to owner, and backagain. You can almost feel the power from it, coming from this onethread.

Right now Raph is lying stretched across my lap, sound asleep as I typethis. His Royal Highness has made himself comfortable and doesn't wantto move. And you know...I really don't want to disturb him. There'sjust something about a heart bunny that is so comforting to the soul...

(And even though he is the third heart bunny I listed, Raph is by far my Number One Heart Bunny.)

My heart bunny would be Bindy, she and I have a real connection.

I have different connections with each bunny, but Bindy is the one who knows me best.

Apollo

Apollo and I were incredibly close. With just a glance we knewwhat the other was thinking and feeling. He knew me better than I knewmyself sometimes. So many times I would be so sad and he would jump inmy lap and snuggle under my chin and catch my falling tears. If I wasupset he was upset. He would dance with paper just to make me laugh andit didn't matter how long it took.

We went everywhere together. From camping and hiking to poolparties and demolition derbies, we did it all together. We had to cutour honeymoon short because Apollo wouldn't eat while I was away. Iswore I'd never leave him again, and didn't.

Losing Apollo has left me shattered.I am grateful I can say Inever took one moment with him for granted. I treasured him and knewhow lucky I was.

I thought I had been blessed with my heart angel and that wasit, I wouldn't have another. I was wrong. Otis is an amazing baby. WhenI cry, which is very often he is right there snuggled into me catchingall those falling tears. He makes me laugh all the time. He even comesand checks on me know to make sure I am ok. When I do dishes he isright there playing or laying at my feet.

Nothing comes even close to the love of a bunny.

Tina

Oh Tina what a wonderful Tribute for Apollo. Weall miss his antic stories here too. I know that you miss him terriblybut he is right with you Tina always. He is such a worry wart bun forhis mom because he loves you.:hug:

I think Toby is trying to tell me he's my heart bunny. I gave him a haircut and found this under all the fur:

RabbitsDecember172005006.jpg

A dark, heart-shaped patch of fur. It's a different texturethan his other fur. I guess it's his adult coat comingin.So, he's not a sable point afterall.

Stanley's my heart all the way! Evenif I did have more, he'd still be it in a way because of....just who heis, but I'd still love all my others the same. :)

if that makes any sense...

Latest posts

Back