Who's Your "Heart Bunny"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I thought that I'dm mention the two rabbits who I believe were my heart bunnies.

Firstly, there was Toffee. She was a brown dutch that lived at the school where my mum worked. When we moved to Bahrain we had to leave our rabbit, Peter, and out guinea pigs, behind, and he went to live with my uncle and his family. We missed having a rabbit around, so we ended up taking Toffee home for weekends. And then weekends just became permanent :p Even though her hutch was outdoors she spent most of her day inside with us, playing with me. I used to play dead by lying under the dining room table, and even if she came up to nudge me I wouldn't move. Off she'd go running to my mum, growling and thumping until she followed her back to me! She was an amazing bunny... unfortunately she had her years cut short because of some *******.

Secondly, there was Bobtail. We got Bobtail and Brockoli (purposely spelt that way - it's a combo of broccoli and brock, a name for a badger) from a friend's compound, where they were living with their two siblings in a tiny hutch. Mum wouldn't let us take all four of them, so we had to choose - Bobtail was an albino, and Brockoli was a black and white angora/Dutch cross. Brock was always quite timid, whereas Bobtail was a boistrous little girl who wanted to be in on everything. Brock passed away one summer while we were on holiday, and I swear down that round about the night she died I had a dream that she'd passed over. I knew she wouldn't be there when we got home. So poor Bobsy was alone, until one morning my mum came into my room yelling that she was loose in the garden. After double checking the cage and finding Bobs in there, we were slightly confused... until we say the tiny baby albino bunny at the other end of the garden! I caught him (it was the first time I've heard a rabbit scream - I was so **** scared I dropped the poor little thing!), and in he went with Bobtail - we called him Scruffy. To cut what would be an even longer story short, Bobtail was my last bunny, and she lived with us for a good 12 years or so. I missed her litke anything when she passed... I knew it was her time to go when I went to take her her dinner, and she died shortly afterwards. I still get a lump in my throat thinking about it.

...still the same..

:D........benjibrindlecoppersmoremooshuchippybinkierosietootsie

I still miss my first rabbit (well, the first that was my very own). My older brother and sister had rabbits named Candy and Stuart and they had babies when I was 7. I named mine Thumper. These are old pictures of her from 1990when she was still young. She lived with her sister Cocoa until Cocoa died (I think when they were around 7). Thumper lived until she was 9, and I was in high school. She was an outdoor rabbit, but she was allowed out a lot, and she would come hopping up when I called her name. She changed colors every winter and spring--from light gray to much darker. The mother was a Dutch mix and the father was an unknown gray mix. These are pictures of me, her, and her sister. Sorry for the weird angle--they're pictures of pictures.

42004.jpg

42009.jpg

42010.jpg

42012.jpg

Another rabbit I had that I adored was a buck named Joey. I bought him for 5 dollars when I was 9 and he was 6 weeks old. He lived until I was 18. I don't know what type of mix he was.

42014.jpg

My heart bunny is and will always be my darling Pepsi. Going through her illnesses and tough times have made our bond very close and strong. Having her almost leave me, has made me very close to her. She really is somethingspecial,she's my baby. Don't get me wrong, I love Pebbles to bits, we just don't have the same close bond.

100_1210.jpg

My heart bunny was Muemmel. I grew up with her and we had a very close relationship.

MuemmelHP-1.jpg

My present heart is probably Moses but I need to spend more time with all of them to find out whos going to be the next heart bunny.

[align=center]TRIXIE LOU[/align]

[align=center]
trixie_lou.jpg
[/align]
my baby girl that started it all, i got her at a handful of a bunny, fluffy fur and ears that flopped at just the right angle that made her look drunk. she was my first rabbit and lived in my room untill 6 months of age, then off and on from there on out. she would jump on the table, steal a pancake then book it to her cage were she would jump in her box and proceed to eat the whole thing. she put holes in just about every shirt and pants that i owned(along with my moms) and love car rides, she was my everthing, she would come to me if i said "trixie lou were are you?" (sounds like "scooby-doo were are you?", would give me a kiss everynight when i said "kiss goodnight", and would fall asleep to phill collins "you'll be in my heart" (it was her song). when told no, she would rebel by jumping on my bed and pee (a habbit i don't miss) and waited till i fell asleep to jump on my bed and nibble on my hair. the night she died i held her in my arms, not ready to give her up. right until she was put down. i think my soul mate was the little rabbit and i tear up just thinking about her, i have always loved my animals, but never fully understood how much one could mean to me till she was taked away.

[align=center]
sketch_trixie.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Jan 4, 2000- Sept. 9, 2005[/align]

Oh Katt, your Trixie was such a beautiful girl. She was so lucky to have a mommy who loved her as much as you did. Sounds like a very special bunny.

My Heart Bunny is my boy, Basil. He was my first house rabbit. He is my best friend and shows me everyday how wonderful and special he is. I love my other two, but Basil and I have something special. He jumps up in my bed every night when Im reading, and we snuggle and fall asleep together. I dont know what I'd do without him.

Hammingitup.jpg

-Haley

So...has anyoneever found that their heart bunny has been with them all along, onlyyou didn't realize it?

Peanut is my heart bunny :bunnyheart

I suppose it wasn't until she was sick that I realized how much Iached at the thought of losing her. I've had sick furkidsbefore, and I've lost too many of them. But none of them struck thechord that Peanut has.

Today, she glanced over at me and for a moment our eyes locked. And I just...knew.

:hearts

It's hard to choose for me. Samantha took solong to trust us. She was nippy and pretty scarey at first. I won herover. My husband says I am her heart. Teresa you can't help but lovethe little diva. Ringo being sick brought he an I close together.

If I had to choose I would sayConnor. When we got him he hadto have been about 6-8weeks old.The first few months we hadhim, he spent the whole time onthe bed with me inthedark with just the glow of the t.v. I was very sick and Iwould bring my tiny little guy into the bed with me. He had alitterpan, foodand water. He would run and binky.Bringa smile to my face. He would use me as aspringboard. when he tired himself out he would come, curl up on mystomech(sp?) and sleep.

b83bre2.jpg

m.e. wrote:
So...has anyone ever found thattheir heart bunny has been with them all along, only you didn't realizeit?
Yes!

I had a hard time answering this question the first timearound. I like to think I love all my fur kids equally, buthonestly, it's not true.

I love Snuggy more! There, I said it!

I find that when I talk about her, I get all gushy, and I've finallyrealized she's the most special to me, by far. I don't knowwhat I'd do without her.

Laura

I still don't know.:ponder: If I had to choose Ibunny that had a very special place in my heart it would have to beMillie, having her ill with statis twice this year has made me realisehow incredibly special she is too me, and how we have a connection so Ijust understand everything about her. Saying that, Ruby means the worldto me, she is the biggest attention hog I have ever met, she just lovesbeing fussed over and nearly runs me down when I go out to see her. Shehaseven winded mebefore from jumping on my stomachwhen I was lying in their run!;) They are just so special to me indifferent ways, I could never choose!:bunnyheart

Snuggys Mom wrote:
I had a hard time answering this question the first timearound. I like to think I love all my fur kids equally, buthonestly, it's not true.
I could always tell the way you talked about Snuggy girl. She is quite the special diva.

How could I choose? I have had a lot of bunnies,I am a breeder, but each and every one has brought something so specialto my life. Even the ones that don't stay long mean a lot to me. I haveto say though, I have three right now that have very special places inmy heart.
My Ben, and his sons Sammy and Skitterbug. Ben alwayswants attention, and if I don't have time to pet him as much as usual,will get all sad and depressed. Sammy is the independent one, he has atough guy attitude, "I don't need to be petted, just give me the food!"
Skitterbug is a quiet, loving kind of guy. He is only six months, andis one of the calmest, most laid back rabbits I have ever met. Ibrought him in to meet my two three year old children, and even with mydaughter squealing in delight, and both of them petting him backwardsand the like, he was so totaly calm I was amazed. He would be a perfecttherapy bunny.
So how could I choose? There will probably be one someday that willreally hit me that way, but right now I just can't pinpoint one.

:bump

Ohhh, great thread!

My heart bunny is most definitely Harper. Always has been and alwayswill be. He's the center of my universe (and tries to be the center ofeverything else too) and I just couldn't imagine not having him around.He's been so sick so many times, and each time we've only grown closer.

When I got Harper, I had always been around rabbits (not personally,but where I worked, others I knew had them, ect.) and I never felt aconnection with one. I had even been offered rabbits in the past, and Ipassed on the offers. But when I saw Harper, we just clicked. Eventhough he was going to be snake food and I was getting him out of therereguardless, I could've just as easily adopted him to a good home.However, it wasn't possible. The second I saw him, I just turned tomush. I didn't put him down for days, he even laid with me on the bedand I walked around with him continuously. Something about him and Ijust clicked, and we became so bonded.

Don't get me wrong, he has his "I'm the king give me what I want!" dayswhere he can be a all-out butthole, but I love him with all my heart.When I think of my heart bunny, I always think of Harper.

Img_1941small.jpg

playtime5small.jpg

My heart Bunny was Pax.As most of you know hewas my first rabbit.He was a holland lop, all black and had eyes thatjust made your heart melt.

He got his name because around the time that I got him there was anarticle in the newspaper about how someone had 12 rabbits, the neighborstole them and baissically killed most of them and sold/gave awayothers.I will not go into details about what that person did to thosepoor buns but it was disgusting and makes me cry every time Italk/think about it.One of the kids next door got given one of thestolen rabbits and that bun was the only rabbit that was found aliveand got given back to the owner.Paxt got his name because Pax meanypeace in latin, no bun ever deserved what happened to those buns so Ithought the name was apropriate.

He was my baby, my Paxy.I would come from work or a day at the barn andhe would always be there, always would love a cuddle, a walk out side,a nap on the couch or to share some salad or a peice of parsely with.

Parsely was his favorite food, he got a fairly large portion of itdaily and my whole garden plot was parsely.I still have tons of parselygrowing for my boy....

He was always getting into mischeif and has such a personality!Hechewed holes in most of my clothes,towels,face clothes,sheets andblankets.I have a hole in my carpet(no not a rug an actual carpetatached to the floor) from him.I never had a telephone wire that lastedmore then a day tops.

He was great with kids and went to my neice's(she lives with me becausemy sister passed away) daycare and kindergarden class.After Emma(myneice) came home from day care and kindergarden we would have a walk,Pax loved leash walks.
Occasionally I would bring him to the barn w/ me to work, haha he got to "play" in the hayloft under supervision.

He was my baby.My child, he ment/means the world to me.
Three years ago there was a huge heat wave and the power went out.
I came home to Paxy w/ severe dehydration he was bairly alive.I hadfans throughout the whole house along w/ airconditioning but the powerwent out so it quickly fot extremely hot in my house.I did'nt know thatthe power went out as I was at the barn that day and was out side thewhole day.I brought him to the vet and they did everything they couldbut he was having trouble breathing and was boiling hot to the tuch.Idescided that it was time to let him go becuase of his breathingdifficulties, but he passed away in my arms, chewing on the vet's phonecord as I was calling the kindergarden saying that I was going to belate.

I will never forget him, ever.I have a pastel portrait of him hangingin my living room of him sitting in the garden eating parsely.I alsohave a carved pendent of him that I wear daily.He was my constentcompanion through thick and through thin.I don't think I would havemade it through my sister dieing in a car crash and me having to takein her daughter with out him, he is what kept me going.I love himdearly and hope that I will see him at the rainbow bridge....I miss myPaxy-my little man.

Latest posts

Back