Who's Your "Heart Bunny"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ponder:

They're all my "heart bunnies" but in different ways.

Mocha truely understands me when I'm upset and will come over to me andjust comfort me. He even gave me the first kisses on the day I was soupset about taking Eli back to the breeder. He was my first bunny who Igot at 6-7 weeks so that might be why he's so in tune with me.

Spice and me have a connection that I don't have with Mocha, he's a oneperson bunny. He loves to be near me and comforts me all the time, notjust when I'm down.

Eli was the best at cheering me up because of his funny personality. Heloved me so much and always wanted to be near me. He would jump on meand make funny noises and give me kisses all the time.

I can't say anything about Zoey yet, I've on had her a week and a halfand she's still warming up to me but I don't doubt that she'll be justas special to me in her own way.

But I can't pick just one, they all seem to be my matches made in heaven.

Cleo is my number 1 heart bunny, she was myfirst bunny and I think that she will always have that special place inmy heart. Since she was bonded to Pez I have to share hertime, mostly when she sleeps with me (like a dog would) at night

this is when we first got her

preciousandcleo2.jpg

Now, I am in no way trying to leave the other crew out, I love them alldearly, but my new VELCRO bunny has stolen a huge chunk outof my heart.

IM000042a.jpg

M.e i feel the same. I love my bunnies to piecesbut they aren't my heart bunnies. My cat, Ollie (honorary bunny:D)understands me so much, he always knows how i'mfeeling.Although i love my bunnies i don't have a connectionwith them like i do with Ollie. I hope i find my heart bunny oneday.:heart:

Chernish is a good bunny, kinda shy but he lovesus. But the animal closest to me was our dog Joy, he died at 8 monthsin an accident.

m.e. wrote:
I don't want to bring thisthread off-topic or anything, but I'm wondering if there's anyone elsewho feels that...maybe their "heart bunny" hasn't found them yet?

I've only had four rabbits in my lifetime. The first two were when Iwas much younger, and illness took them both at an early age. Rex camealong many years later, and though he and I are close, his heartbelongs to Peanut. You see, he was an only bun for 3 years and he wasso lonely. No matter how much time I spent with him, there wassomething more that he wanted. Even the dog seemed to fill that needbetter than I did! The dog's food dish was next to Rex's cage, and atbreakfast time Rex would wait until the dog began eating, before hewould touch his food :shock:

Finally, Peanut came along. Bonding two rabbits is no walk in the park,but they have completed each other in a way I could never hope to do. Ifeel that in many ways, they came to me, so that I could bring themtogether.

So, like I said, sorry to derail this a bit. I do feel that my heartbunny is still out there. I can't wait to meet him/her someday :hearts:

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~
I also had 4 rabbits in my lifetime, and also 2who died very early in their lifes. My 2 buns Bandit andSmurfy are very attached to each other. In fact I don't think Smurfyeven needs me anymore, lol. She is my first bun but still she hasalways preferred other bunnies to me.She is shy aroundpeople. I guess me and Bandit still need to understand each other more.I don't know whyshe constantly scratchesthe door tocome in but when I let her in she runs out again. She runs up to mewhen she sees me coming butdodges when I reach my hand out toher. Oh well...I guess my heart bunny is still somewhere out there.

Tucker Bucker, although Fauna is right up theretoo. Fauna's there 24/7 for me. I let her out ofher cage and all she wants is to be by my side. She's thereall the time. When Tucker gets into trouble anddoesn't listen, it's Fauna that reinforces my rules and chases him sothat he has to listen. She cares very much about what I'mfeeling and stays in tune.

Tucker is the one who goes into Stasis when I'm upset.He'snot as much of a love-bug as Fauna is every moment ofevery day, but when I need him, he's right there and I can count on himeverytime. If I'm sick, he won't go further than 2 feet fromme, and he always sits in a part of the room where he can keep an eyeon me. Having him since he was 7.5 weeks old, we can readeach other's minds pretty well.

Cali is like having a baby. She is so innocent, sweet, needyand loves love.Can'ttalk to her in aharsh tone if she gets in trouble because she gets soupsetandit takes me 10 minutes at a minimum to calm her down andreassure her that I still love her. She's as closetoa child as I'll ever get. She's more dependentemotionally than the other two, and I adore her for that.

They're all incredible. They all have carved out a place in my heart that only they can fill.

-Carolyn

I wish I had a picture of my bunny Thumper wholived to be eleven. He was an outside rabbit. Whenwe let him out of his cage, he would race around our hugebackyard. I loved him for his independence andspirit. He got through two infestations of a giantmaggot. He was trusting and loved to dig big holes in thedesert dirt. Hemade it through a2-day carride to Montana when we moved. Then heloved todigin the snow. He will always have a place in myheart.

My current bunny JJ is the sweetest thing ever. He is a needyboy, which I adore about him. When I get home from work, hehas to be in the same room as me at all times. If I leave theroom for a second without him, he gets offended and starts scratchingat the door. He hops all around grunting like a pig andtrying to hump my slippers. He stretches out on the carpet asfar as his legs will go, and he looks so relaxed. Both ofthese bunnies are my heart bunnies.

[align=center]This is a difficultquestion. My first bunny, Benedict, will always be in myheart. He was taken by fly-strike when I was about 17. He wasa little angel. He had a brother, Thumper, who was mostly mylittle sister's bunny. By comparison, Thumper was the "Oldman" and Benny was the sweet simple one. Sometimes we wouldcall him Lenny, (referring to Of Mice and Men) because he wasjust so simple. Always sweet and happy, with an innocentlittle know-nothing look in his eyes. It is hard todescribe.[/align]

[align=center]
bennyflower.jpg

RIP Benedict
:bunnyangel:
[line]
Then came Kibbles. I think he found me.Finding him finallyallowed me to heal from losing Benny. Just look at that face.Need I say more?[/align]

[align=center]
kibbles1.jpg

RIP Kibbles
:bunnyangel:

[line]
Now I have only Theodore. We have definately bonded throughthis very difficult last week. This rabbit is inspirationalto me.[/align]

[align=center]
theodore2.jpg
[/align]

Pamnock's Heart Bunny: Princess Anne.

"She was so indignant about being dressed up. She would scowland grunt and complain :X She would poop all over the floor,so I put little yellow doll pants on her when she was running aroundthe house :p

We loved that little girl to pieces. I got her for Stephaniewhen she was just an itty bitty thing and Stephanie was inpreschool. Princess Anne was our first and only house bunnyand she was indeed a queen of the household. No one daredremove her from her cage (she'd rip your hand off).She had to come out on her own. She was just alittle dwarf, but would chase the dog out of his pen and steal hisblanky.

Princess feared nothing -- she hated anything white and even chasedafter one of our white horses. She was very offended by whitesocks invading her house and would attack anyone with white sockson. She even bit the lip off a white rabbit.

You didn't dare yell at her -- she'd stomp off and destroy somethingjust to get back at you. She bit through the Nintendo cordwhile the kids were playing and started chewing on my horse bridle whenI yelled at her for digging in the carpet.

As mean as she could be, she loved to cuddle. I was terriblysick when I was pregnant with Matthew, so I slept with Princess tuckedunder my chin. She'd wake me up by digging at me when she hadto go potty ;)

Princess Anne died at 6 years of age from an intestinal blockage -- I still miss our little girl :(

Pam"

Princesswas indeed and will forever be my heart bunny :inlove:

Her lineage was unknown -- the breeder had mentioned she was some typeof mix (possible Polish x NetherlandDwarf from what Iremember). Stephanie had wanted a white bunny with red eyes-- so when I saw that cute little bunny in the cage, I didn't care whatshe was LOL

Pam

Latest posts

Back