Who here show's their Bun's?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Doe's are 6 weeks & 11 Weeks old... So i have 2 of them that I want to breed, But I do not know If i want to breed with my beautiful Blue.

ack! my camera just died, ya blue would also run in the genes so if my boy carried some blue you could possibly have a blue or to in the litter,

heres my boy nosey:

174_1629.jpg

In the fair, your son should be able to show the buck. Pam had mentioned it on some others, it depends on the judge...but generally 4-H is a little more lienet (sp). So you could find less perfect rabbits and do alright at a fair.

But like she was saying the pedigree to show them doesnt matter. And say you do get her buck and after he has a litter, that 3rd generation can carry a pedigree. Thus those bunnies are all your work. Meaning it will carry your rabbitries name. Instead of like the ones you have now, YourAUntsRabbitry name.... I dont explain things too well.

And yeah if you breed a blue doe, and a black buck, or visa versa you should have blue and then black babies.

What part of Michigan are you in? I'll be glad to look up upcoming shows for you, and you can check one out if you'd like, and I can find some michigan dutch breeders if that will help.

I think getting the buck from Lila would be neat because thats a TOTALLY different blood line seeing as how you guys live so far away from each other.

actualy our christmass tree is really really small and, ohhh well you'll have no trouble breeding him he gets right to it, seeing is he just tried to mate my leg :grumpy:

The fair thing that my son is doing, My son haves to have a mother and babies, Its not 4-H, It's called Children Barn Yard, Just a Barn with mommy's and babies, My son isn't old enough for 4-H right now, He's only 3. So I need one of my Doe's to get breed in June sometime to get the babies and mommy for our fair, But I do not want the babies to be little just about 3-4 weeks old.

Here are the show's that I got.

Michigan Show's.

Saturday-FEB 13- Farwell, Mi
Sat- FEB 27- Mt. Pleasant, Mi
Sat- APR 3- Mason, Mi
Sat APR 24 & May 15- Ionia, Mi
Sat- July 10- Coldwater, Mi, Where I live.
Sat-SEPT 11- Ionia, MI

Indiana Show's.
Sat Sept 18 South bend, In
Sat Oct 2 Lafayett, In
Sun Nov 28 Noblesville, In

My aunt wants me to go the National's show in 2010 in Minnesota. But I do not know though, Im sure I wont get that good before then.. The way my bun's are

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
In the fair, your son should be able to show the buck. Pam had mentioned it on some others, it depends on the judge...but generally 4-H is a little more lienet (sp). So you could find less perfect rabbits and do alright at a fair.

But like she was saying the pedigree to show them doesnt matter. And say you do get her buck and after he has a litter, that 3rd generation can carry a pedigree. Thus those bunnies are all your work. Meaning it will carry your rabbitries name. Instead of like the ones you have now, YourAUntsRabbitry name.... I dont explain things too well.

And yeah if you breed a blue doe, and a black buck, or visa versa you should have blue and then black babies.

What part of Michigan are you in? I'll be glad to look up upcoming shows for you, and you can check one out if you'd like, and I can find some michigan dutch breeders if that will help.

I think getting the buck from Lila would be neat because thats a TOTALLY different blood line seeing as how you guys live so far away from each other.

I'm talking about, My Doe's are both Black, There Father's where Blue, and Mommy's where Black, If i can get a blue or any other color

Yeah I think Lila said it, but if there are blues in her background she may throw some blues.

Oh and Coldwater is such a beautiful area. I came up for one of the shows my last year of 4h. I met a woman up there to buy an english lop off her. I adored coldwater.. what i saw of it lol. I had tire problems and we spent alot of time at Walmart lol.

If you could check out a show close to you. Just see how its ran and find other dutch breeders and talk to them.

We went to the East Lansing Show on the 5th of this month and was my first time going. These other show's are about 1-2 hrs away from me, And the only way i can go if my aunt comes.. That is also why I came unto this site to see if there are any people that show Dutches, but i guess not, But Thanks for the help... Is there any websites that i can email other Dutch people to talk to??

Call me a bubble burster, but it's never a good idea to breed unpedigreed rabbits unless you are prepared to sell the rabbits for less than they are worth for years to come. It take 3 generations to get an unpedigreed rabbit out of the pedigree and for the rabbits you produce to be considered purebred again. This can take about 2-3 years depending on what age you breed your does. It's a rookie mistake, really. You want to start with the best you can afford, and never pass up simple things like a pedigree.

Frankly, any rabbit without papers is looked at by me as merely a pet. I don't me to be rude or offend anyone, but that's just how it is- rabbits with papers don't even come into my barn. Ever.

Latest posts

Back