What Other Animals Do You Own Besides Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I have more animals than I should right now because we are having financial problems, but I have 3 cats - Babie is a pure white cat who I have had for over a decade now, she's 11 years old. Jade is a tabby colored cat that my husband and I first got when we moved in togather, she is now 7 years old. Casper is my children's cat. He's a siamese mix with big beautiful eyes and he is going on 2 years old. I used to breed shelties and hope to do it again in the future. Summer - 4 years & Spring - 5 years

2 cats who are siblings. Kaos is a smokey black girl and Mischief is a gray/black tabby boy - trust me their names really suit them. They learned along time ago that toilet paper rolls are tons of fun! I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and their litter is in the bathroom so I have to keep all the toilet paper in the cupboard or they rip it up and spread it ALL over the place. Also they've learned to open the cupboards so I'll come home and all my door are open... had to put an old collar around the chemicals cupboard for when I go out.

1 6 month old boarder collie puppy named madison. She's a tri-coloured boarder, very cute! She loves the cats & the rabbits - she's just a happy & friendly puppy, gets along with every dog.

1 betta named Spider (or as the bf reffers to him "spidey")

1 5 year old Iberian Warmblood palomino mare named Meg (horse). My sweet heart! And second love of my life (the first being my bf- although it's a close race! ;))

Nes.

I have a teddybear hamster named Mowgli, two budgies named Peekaboo & Skylar, and a few hermit crabs named Miss Cleo, Hermie, and Crabcake.

Mowgli.jpg

Mowgli- banded light golden syrian hamster

10.png

21.png

skylar13.jpg

skylar1.jpg

Skylar- dominant pied cobalt budgie

peekaboo85.jpg

Peekaboo- dominant pied light green budgie

21.jpg

22.jpg

45.jpg

Before you ask, yes, I live on a farm.

7 miniature cows-Maggie, the Irish Dexter Milk Cow (yes, we milk her and yes, we drink it raw), Zena, Dexter/Zebu cross heiffer, Kizzy, Dexter/Jersey cross heiffer, Morris, Irish Dexter Bull, Peigi, Irish Dexter heiffer, Stormy, Irish Dexter Bull Calf, and Zoro, Dexter/Zebu Bull Calf.

2 goats-Chloe, pygmy doe, and Bucky, nubian dwarf wether.

2 dogs-Bear, Black Lab male, and Roxie, Great Dane female. (Yes, she's bigger than most of my cows!)

1 miniature sheep-SweetPea, Shetland Sheep.

6 chickens-the rooster, Anubis, and the hens, Penolope, Licorice, Clara, Popcicle, and Orangey. (Oh yeah, and Penelope has 4 baby chicks following her around.)

2 house cats-Sylvester and Gizmo.

and my 3 house Buns-Scooby, Scrappy, and Cujo.

I don't think I missed anybody. But I'm not sure if I got all the chickens names right. They belong to my daughter, and when one dies, we get another as they provide our eggs, so I don't always keep them straight. The Rooster and the Mommy are right for sure, but the others?????????

~BARB~ (keeper of the Funny Farm)

P.S. For the person wanting goats........try sheep.Goats are apain in the backside!! Sheep are much easier to care for. Goats are little houdinis. Sheep don't even try to escape. Goats like to climb on cars and other expensive items. The most Sweety has ever done to my '65 Mustang is walk around it trying to scratch her butt on the bumpers and in the process polishing them very nicely! Just my opinion!! LOL

I've always wanted a pygmy goat... even if they ARE little rascals! :D Maybe I'll just have to keep the cars locked up! I wish I could have that many animals... my parents are definitely -not- animal lovers, so I don't know how I became such a fanatic. It's really not fair, but I leave for college soon, and then they can't stop me ;)

@Cait, cute rats. What happend to the one that has no fur?:)

I have

8 rats (2 boys, 6 girls)

1 dog

(yeah and 6 bunnys of course)

OdinHP.jpg
ThorHP.jpg
LunaHP.jpg
GinnyHP.jpg

ChayaHP.jpg
OyunaHP.jpg
AsaHP.jpg
KittyHP.jpg

from left to right: Odin, Thor, Luna, Ginny, Chaya, Oyuna, Asa, Kitty

They are between 6 months and 2 1/2 yrs. old. The First 4 are the seniors :D

My dog Marlenchen:

Marly1.jpg

trying to be sexy ;)

BekasBunnies wrote:
P.S. For the person wanting goats........try sheep.Goats are apain in the backside!! Sheep are much easier to care for. Goats are little houdinis. Sheep don't even try to escape. Goats like to climb on cars and other expensive items. The most Sweety has ever done to my '65 Mustang is walk around it trying to scratch her butt on the bumpers and in the process polishing them very nicely! Just my opinion!! LOL
That's why you keep them in good pens ;)

Ellie

I got a new goateh!!!! I brought her home in the car a few weeks ago...her registered name is TMG Farms Character...I call her Carrie for short. She is another nubian (the only kind we raise) and she'll be bred (along with Torquay, my yearling) when she is 7 months old this fall for spring kids...woot!

She's the goat on the left...the other one is my wether, registered name Torquay's Figment (we just call him Figment, Fig, Figgy, Figgermint or Figger for short)

Carriebodyfigface50x50.jpg

Ellie

we have the 2 rabbits: winnie and herman

1 golden retirever that is spoiled beyond belief, pedigree name is Bendon Hunter Mighty Maximus (hunter, monster, or bubby for short)

hunter_nose-1.jpg

1 black short haired cat, bagerrah that i got when my first cat abigal ran away

baggie.jpg

2 brother cats diego (mine, the long haired gray tiger) and Hootie (my brothers, the long haired black) that we got when one of our old cats purrs was put to sleep (we got purrs about 2 weeks before i was born, she lived to be 16, and had slept with me every night for years, so when she died i couldn't sleep. . .so we got the boys)

diego_2-1.jpg
hootie.jpg

BUT my one true love, well there are 2, that i am saving up for so that when i graduate collegei can get one of each of them are:

a spanish mastiff

1sp-mastiff3.jpg

and an irish wolfhound (my fist choice in dog, i hope to get into dog showing and i want to show this breed)

irishwolfhounds.jpg

i also have a fish tank, with no fish (i can't keep them alive worth a darn), and i plan on getting 2 dwarf hamsters soon, maybe. . .since the only animal i am allowed in the appartments is fish (and my luck with fish is terrible) i hope to have a roomate that wouldn't mind sneaking them in. . .

We have a dog, 3 cats, 2 birds, a fish tank with 7 fish and a Bunny. Oh and I live in a 2 bedroom apartment! LOL!

family-1.jpg

Alot of people here have hamsters. I had some when I was a kid and its a cute/funny story. I saved my allowance to buy a hamster and the cage/accessories and when I had enough money my mom took me to the store and there was only one hamster left. A chubby black "male." Well being an impatient kid I didn't want to wait until they got any more in, I wanted one NOW. So we brought home Teddy. I was the happiest kid in the world for about a week and then I woke up one morning and found little pink "erasers" in his cage. I ran and got my mom and as it turns out Teddy was not a MALE at all. He was a pregnant female who gave birth to 6 of the cutest little babys just 5 days after we brought her home. Well my mom was not nearly as happy as I was with the situation and immediately called the store who did not want anything to do with them so I had 7 hamsters, which later evolved into 7 seperate cages. We kept them all until they each passed. Since then....no hamsters for me! This was back when WalMart sold animals which was NEVER a good idea. I'm glad they've given it up and now only carry fish.

I have always had a passion for animals, and luckily found a hubby who feels the same. He doesn't mind living in a zoo. :D

Ohhhhh fun topic!!!

We have 11 sugar gliders... in a week and a half we'll have 13. I'll just show one here :)

Selkie0719.jpg

We have four cats... two dogs... a chicken... an albino hedgehog... a miniature donkey.... and in 2 1/2 weeks we are getting two dutch rabbits and a flemish giant.

Various Photos....

Dogs.jpg

DonkeyAlex.jpg

YellowChick.jpg

Cats.jpg

Snowball.jpg

Hi ! Iam a new member !! How are you ? I have 2 rescue rabbits, called Emily and Ethan. 1 dog called Meg. 1 cat called Jack. 1 fish called Cordelia. Have had all sorts in the past and am thinking of getting another dog, but Meg is 12 and am wondering if she would object any ideas :bunnydance:

Welcome!

I got another dog when my Critter was 12 or13 and the puppy seemed to put some spunk back into her. I honestly believe that having a puppy around lengthened her life. It really all depends on your dogs personality, some dogs are very protective of their homes and family, especially at an elderly age and may not be open to a newcomer. If you do get another dog, just remember they are territorial and it's best to introduce them on neutral ground such as a local park and NOT your home or yard. Even the most well socialized dog may not like an intruder in their home.

Good Luck!

Wow, there are some really interesting pets on this forum! :D

I've got my three bunny girls, Queen Heather, Princess Thistle and Lady Bracken, plus three dwarf hamsters boys, Nutmeg, Pewter and Jack Sparrow (I /think/ they're hybrids, but they do change color like winter whites).

Then, there's my ten budgies - Pretty (F/light green clearwing), Lucky (M/greywing sky blue), Safi (M/Yellowface type II cobalt spangle), Sherri (F/Recessive pied cobalt), Myrrh (M/Violet spangle), Cassidy (F/Cinnamon sky blue), Zahra (F/Greywing Violet), Abou Rish (Boo for short) (M/Yellowface type II sky blue dilute), Jemima (F/Normal grey) and Puddleduck (F/Dominant pied cobalt).

At the minute I've also got the bunny boy and cavy boy that I rescued, who may be going to a new home soon! In my head they're tentatively called Duke Dandelion and Sir Burdock, but I don't want to start calling them that or I'll get attached to them :p

I did have a betta, but he died recently :(

My parents have a big goofy golden retriever who I'll be babysitting this Monday as my whole family will be out of the country.

4 dogs- Callie, Taffy, Boo & Becca

5 cats - Pagen, Luna, Boogie, Johnny & Billie

1 pot bellie pig - Miss Lily

2 guineas - brownie & whitey

1 cockatiel - TOAD

2 canaries - Red and Peaches

2 /72 gallon community tanks

Husband and 21 month old son!

Yikes, I need a vacation:shock:

elle

2- 10 year old golden retrievers, Missy & Shadow

1- dutch rabbit, Miss Fiona Whiskers

A 20 gallon tropical tank with a whole assortment of fish. (only some have names, I have so much trouble keeping them alive that I've stopped naming them so as not to get too attatched, I also found that one would die, and I wouldn't know which one it had been, all very confusing, hence the lack of names.)

We have:

3 dogs- Sandy 1y/o golden retriever, Kaylei 8m/o 1/4rott, 1/4 germ shep, 1/2 aust shep, and Stormie 4y/o full blood rottie

2 cats- George 5y/o gray and white, Rogue 2y/o full black

1 hamster- Houdini (no cage will hold him unless we rig it)

1 guinea pig- Patches

1 bunnie- Mopsy (also an escape artist)

1 frog- Fang(Don't ask my 14y/o named it and I have no idea why)

Gonna have to post pics later as the ones I have are all old and memory card in camera is full full full.

Back