what is this color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
i am tryin to fill out my pedigees but i am not sure what color pippin is does anyone know?

if the pic doesnt show there look at my avatar

thx

The latest picture looks blue...but in your avatar, I thought it might be opal...Looks like a bit of a tan patch on the back of the neck which would be an indicator...although opals usually have cream/white eyecircles and belly...suppose it could be a blue steel...can you get a picture of the undercolors? Either by blowing into the fur or else parting it? And maybe a picture of his belly?

Smut can happen in any breed. It's just smutty coloring that's not well defined. I don't know a lot about Hollands though so I really can't say. If you knew what colors his parents were, that might help narrow it down. It looks like it might be a blue tort, that's the closest I can guess. In which case the smut is not bad.

Smut is just the result of having a darker colored parent (you see it a lot in red from castor parents). Depending on the variety, it can be a fault.

I was starting to think Lynx myself...but lynx, whether lilac agouti or blue-smutted fawn, usually has an off-white belly...so I'm actually thinking he might be a blue or lilac tort. I'd lean more toward lilac, though.

so does he hav smut and if he does i dout its a fault cuz he got reserved breed champion ( the only reason he didnt get breed champion is be cuz his head is a lil off)

I just want to point out that showing at a state fair (if I understand correctly) isn't the same as showing at an ARBA show with ARBA judges.

So I'm not sure how he'd do on the show table with an ARBA judge - especially here in Texas where he might be up against 40 or more hollands (not sure how many were at the state fair).

I'm not saying he's not good - just pointing out the difference between showing at a fair and showing at an ARBA show.

Latest posts

Back