what is this color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
i am tryin to fill out my pedigees but i am not sure what color pippin is does anyone know?

if the pic doesnt show there look at my avatar

thx

you can't really see the picture in your avatar! Sorry not much help since we cant hardly see him!

The latest picture looks blue...but in your avatar, I thought it might be opal...Looks like a bit of a tan patch on the back of the neck which would be an indicator...although opals usually have cream/white eyecircles and belly...suppose it could be a blue steel...can you get a picture of the undercolors? Either by blowing into the fur or else parting it? And maybe a picture of his belly?

Smut can happen in any breed. It's just smutty coloring that's not well defined. I don't know a lot about Hollands though so I really can't say. If you knew what colors his parents were, that might help narrow it down. It looks like it might be a blue tort, that's the closest I can guess. In which case the smut is not bad.

Smut is just the result of having a darker colored parent (you see it a lot in red from castor parents). Depending on the variety, it can be a fault.

I was starting to think Lynx myself...but lynx, whether lilac agouti or blue-smutted fawn, usually has an off-white belly...so I'm actually thinking he might be a blue or lilac tort. I'd lean more toward lilac, though.

so does he hav smut and if he does i dout its a fault cuz he got reserved breed champion ( the only reason he didnt get breed champion is be cuz his head is a lil off)

I just want to point out that showing at a state fair (if I understand correctly) isn't the same as showing at an ARBA show with ARBA judges.

So I'm not sure how he'd do on the show table with an ARBA judge - especially here in Texas where he might be up against 40 or more hollands (not sure how many were at the state fair).

I'm not saying he's not good - just pointing out the difference between showing at a fair and showing at an ARBA show.

Latest posts

Back