What do you use for bedding in your cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had cushy, memory foam-type bath mats onclearance at walmart. I use that on the 2nd level.I usedcool tile on the lower level. For past bunnies I've used carpet, linoleum, rubber mat, old towel, cheap woven fabric mats... I try to have 2 different types of flooring in my cages so they can choose what they'd like to be on.

In the litter box, I use wood pellets topped with hay. The hay keeps them off any moist bedding. The pelletsare at least as effective as Yesterdays News (but waay cheaper). Carefresh is too messy for me because it tracks everywhere.

The pellet idea I got from this forum - "Supporting your Rabbits In Tough Times." This is also where I got the idea to buy hay by the bale. Wow is that soooo much cheaper! I don't have to skimp at all on hay and don't fret about throwing soiled hay away. From my figuring so far, the $24 bale will last me the whole year for 2 bunnies. :biggrin2:

The pellet idea I got from this forum - "Supporting your Rabbits In Tough Times." This is also where I got the idea to buy hay by the bale. Wow is that soooo much cheaper! I don't have to skimp at all on hay and don't fret about throwing soiled hay away. From my figuring so far, the $24 bale will last me the whole year for 2 bunnies. :biggrin2:
[/quote]

^^Me too! The funniest thing I found is that if you buy pellets in a pet store made for cats (like feline pine), it's b/t $15-$20 for a 30lb or less bag. If I go to a southern states feed store I can buy horse pellet bedding, which is the same product, for $5 for 40lbs. Now that's a good deal! :biggrin:
And mine end up spreading hay all over the top too.

Latest posts

Back