WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I seeeeeeee!

I don't think we have anything like that over here, an equivalent so to speak.

I had to put my mince back in the freezer, because I totally forgot we're going to have a drink with a couple of friends of ours tonight- they got married 2 years ago so they're going to give us a sort of pep talk!

We're going to eat out instead :) Shepherd's pie tomorrow night!

bethm and kherrmann, thank you:D will do some googling to get a recipe for biscuits! i use buttermilk in muffins and its easy to get. i like the taste it gives.

hartleybun wrote:
bethm and kherrmann, thank you:D will do some googling to get a recipe for biscuits! i use buttermilk in muffins and its easy to get. i like the taste it gives.

I'd also like to add.....The few scones I've had were fairly dense and heavy. I've never had a proper scone, so I don't know if this is typical, or not. However, a good biscuit will be lighter and flakier. (No knife needed to cut it, it should just tear into layers.) I think this has as much to do with the mixing technique as the ingredients.

You can also do a biscuit that's just very slightly sweet, and it makes a fabulous strawberry shortcake. Much better than those sponge cake things, IMO.

Now I want biscuits. No, I NEED biscuits. Yum.

a scone, which forms part of the famous cream tea around here, can also be used as a weapon in an emergency:D shortcake hereis a complete misnomer and is a lovely crumbly biscuit. as a bunmum who loves to bake i dont think you can beat a homemade scone. sadly too many of them are churned out in a factory:(

now look what's happened! ive mentioned the words 'cream tea' and shortcake....must find jam and clotted cream...must have biscuit.......

Scones are tasty. My roommate's parents made some really good scones. I guess Meredith (roommate's dad) has a brother who lived in England for awhile. He got the recipe from him. They were tasty! :D

Tonight we had London Broil, seasoned rice, and corn.

No pics....we ate it all!

:biggrin2:
:bunnydance:
Baking Powder Biscuits:bunnydance:(from a 1933 Recipe)

Ingredients:

2 cups sifted flour

2 tsp. baking powder

4 tablespoons butter or shortening

1/2 tsp. salt

about 3/4 cup milk

Sift Flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again. Cut in shortening or butter. (this is where I use my hands by rubbing the butter into the flour). Add milk gradually, stirring until soft dough is formed. Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly "knead" for 30 seconds, enough to shape. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter. Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits. You can also make tiny tea biscuits that are only 1 1/2 inches wide with a small cutter or drinking glass. These are great served with tea, jam or honey. Makes 24.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are really good too.....more of a savory mix:bunnydance:

Thyme and Cheese Biscuits:bunnydance:

Ingredients:

2 cups flour

3 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. fresh minced thyme

1/2 tsp. minced fresh parsley

1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary

1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

5 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup milk

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside. Mix flour, baking powder, herbs and cheese in a large mixing bowl, using a fork. Cut in the butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Add the milk and stir until dough holds together, you may add more milk if necessary. Drop by large spoonfuls on the cookie sheet an inch apart. Bake 10-12 minutes.

We had chicken fajitas (in a beer marinade) tonight. I haven't cooked in a long time, so it was really a good meal! ;) Will has been cooking lately, and his cooking skills are not as... uhhh... "developed" as mine. :p I hope he doesn't read that! LOL!

The fajitas consist of the marinaded chicken, green & red bell peppers, tortillas, refried beans, cheese, and sour cream. :) Yummy!

Here is the meat/pepper combo before putting it on the tortillas.

(Sorry about the lousy lighting and yellow icky coloring. That is the light that is above the stove top. It made it look yellow and yucky. It looked much better on our plates!)

Ok well I woke up this morning to the smell of Pork Roast in the oven with whole peices of garlic. It smells SOOO good, my stomach is rumbling. Sad to say thats not even what we're having for dinner.
My mom has her weekly, wednesday Darts today, so she'll just go out to get some mcdonalds or something and we'll have the roast for lunch sandwhiches tomorrow.

Mmmmm, scones!! Anyone who likes scones HAS to try this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cheddar-dill-scones-recipe/index.html

Barefoot Contessa (yeah I know I talk about this program a lot) - Cheddar Dill Scones. They are SO yummy they went in about 5 minutes! The recipe makes a huge amount of them so I just use half. They really are worth making!

I do really love fruit scones with clotted cream though.... :biggrin2:

Hartleybun I'm guessing you're South-West to me, like closer to Devon/Cornwall area?

Tonight I'm going to make spaghetti with a tomato sauce, with garlic, mushrooms olives and capers. Yum. It'll take me about 15minutes to make as well which is good considering I've been out all day and I'm shattered now. Pic to follow :)

mouse_chalk wrote:

Hartleybun I'm guessing you're South-West to me, like closer to Devon/Cornwall area?
:bunnydance::biggrin2:yes im in devon! it was the cream tea bit that gave it away wasnt it:D

hartleybun wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

:bunnydance::biggrin2:yes im in devon! it was the cream tea bit that gave it away wasnt it:D

Yes!!

I am SO jealous!!! I LOVE Devon! Lynmouth is one of my favourite places in the whole wide world!

Latest posts

Back