WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh yesterday I had a chicken mc sandwich and chips from mc donalds. Don't know why I bothered with the chips though, they are so skinny and yucky and I was stuffed after just the chicken thing.

Last night we had steamed rice and one of those Madras Lentil packets from Trader Joe's. They're so good but we're almost out :( Paul and I always go to Trader Joe's when we visit my mom and bring home 8 or so packages of the Indian curries because they're yummy and quick and fairly innocent as far as weird ingredients (like preservatives) go. I also made a peach, cinnamon and brown sugar cake that Paul went crazy over, he ate about half of it by himself.

I'm not sure what we're having tonight, but it will probably be some kind of quiche because I have several eggs that need to be used up before they go bad.

I made Tortillas soup for the first time for yesterday's dinner. It turned out really good. I needed to find a new soup to use up all the chicken stock I make. We usually have roasted chicken 1-2 times a month and I make a huge pot of stock from it but we were getting tired of just eating chicken soup all the time.

So the tortillas soup was super yummy.Its definitely a keeper. I found a recipe online and made a few tweaks to make it a bit more healthy. This was the base recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/Chicken-Tortilla-Soup-II-4627 But here is what I used as I made a big batch and changed a few things.

-12cups chicken stock
-1 28oz can diced tomatoes
-1 cup medium salsa(gave the soup just the right amount of heat, not super hot)
-1 cup celery
-1 cup red pepper
-1 onion
-1 cup corn
-1 can black beans
-1 1/2oz taco seasoning
-Then instead of the 10corn tortillas I added about 1- 1 1/2 cups of crushed up corn tortillas chips(the baked ones) as thats all we had at home. I also added 1 finely minced up flour tortillas as I had one left over, so flour tortillas work for thickening too but dont' give that nice corn taste. Add as much or as little depending on how thick you want it.
-I left out the cheese and milk as I'm on a diary free diet and I found it plenty creamy and thick without it.

Mmmmmm.....your recipe sounds awesome Valerie. I love tortilla soup. The soup that I had in Mexico also had slivers of guacamole in it.

I got ambitious last night and made meatloaf with cilantro-garlic mashed potatoes and corn. Hubby loved his comfort food.

Oops, forgot to add there is also cubed up chicken in the soup :p

Yeah, and then you can garnish it with whatever you want, avacado, cheese, sourcream, tortillas chips etc.

That soup does sound good! You make a lot of soups, huh?

The night before last I made biscuits and gravy. I use soy sausage because I hate real sausage and it always turns out great. I tried a drop biscuit recipe that had no butter or shortening in it, they turned out chewy (which I was expecting) but not too bad. Last night I made a lo mein tofu stirfry, yum. Tonight will be either leftover lo mein or broiled dover sole fillets with lemon juice and parsley, brown rice, and cucumber salad.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
That soup does sound good! You make a lot of soups, huh?
Yeah I make a lot of soups, usually one big batch a week. Its what I eat for lunch most days as its quick, easy and helps get in a LOT of veggies. Plus we have been trying to eat healthy and having a bowl of soup and sometimes half a sandwich, makes for a pretty low cal, filling lunch.

Latest posts

Back