WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michaela wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Lol I have like spuds everyday except maybe sometimes we have chips/fries whatever you call them or maybe pasta with cheese and broccoli. Sometimes my mam makes chicken curry, that's as fancy as it gets here where I live lol!
So many people eat potatoes every day here! Lol! I never eat them as I don't like them, but that's an irish stereotype that is pretty true. :)
Ya especially here where I live, all the country people especially would eat spuds everyday with some sort of meat and vegetables with it, I know my neighbours never get take away food or have chips and they definately wouldn't eat any of that ''foreign'' food as they call it :D, e.g. chicken curry.

TinysMom wrote:
This is probably going to sound gross to some people...oh well.

I browned up some sausage - patties and links. Then I made scrambled eggs.

Art also cut up 2 tomatoes and threw in some green pepper - I added a touch of oil, Sweet N Low, and oregano. We microwaved this for 2 minutes.

Then we put the scrambled eggs in the bottom of a bowl - added the sausage and tomato on top and covered it with "fiesta blend" shredded cheese (I think its Montery Jack and Colby or something like that).

I thought about putting it in a tortilla shell but it would be too messy.

No pics...sorry!
I do something very similar to this. I brown some onions in a pan. I make small bite-sized sausage balls from Jimmy Dean sausage (we vary the flavor), brown them and fry up some bacon pieces (about an inch square) with the onions. Then in another pan, I scramble up a mess of eggs. I slide the scrambled eggs on top of the bacon and sausage and then add the shredded cheese (we like the fiesta blend type too).

I did it once with potatoes mixed in, but hubby prefers it without, so we make them on the side.

Basically, heart attack of a meal, but we enjoy "Breakfast Dinner" now and then. :)

I'll definitely have to try the tomatoes and peppers in there next time!

kherrmann3 wrote:
We had Taco Bell for dinner last night. :ph34r2 We were lazy.
Jason and I usually have Taco Bell for dinner on Fridays. It's our end-of-the-week ritual. (Sometimes we will sub with Chik-fil-a.) Other than that, we rarely eat fast food. (I know a lot of people who eat fast food at least 5 times a week. Ugh!)

Yesterday, we went to our local Cajun restaurant, and ate so much at lunch we didn't need dinner. Blackened catfish with dirty rice, steamed potatoes and mixed veg. Also had hush puppies and fried pickles to start, and split an order of beignets for dessert. I only ate less than half my actual meal, so now I've got 2 lunches worth of leftovers. (People will hate me for making the lunch room smell like fish:D)
Anyway, after all that, I just had a handful of organic Cheese Puffs (on sale at Whole Foods this week) for dinner.

Elf Mommy wrote:
Basically, heart attack of a meal, but we enjoy "Breakfast Dinner" now and then.

I enjoy a cheese omlette smothered with a can ofbeans. :rollseyes

Just got home from work, and had some bacon and eggs with a bagel. Then I have a bowl of instant noodles to fill me up. I was too hungry to realize I should of taken a picture before eating. ;)

But I got loads of pictures from the banquet last night.

BethM wrote:
I only ate less than half my actual meal, so now I've got 2 lunches worth of leftovers. (People will hate me for making the lunch room smell like fish:D)
My wife aways take home the left over crab and eats it while watching TV as a snack. That fishy smell gets to me. :lipsrsealed:

She's a rice person and I am a potato person. :D

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Jen, how do you make the onion pasta and flapjacks?
The flapjacks are the desert- that's just oats, brown sugar and butter melted and mixed together, then baked in a tray for about 15-20mins? YUM but soooo unhealthy lol! :shock:

Onion pasta- you slice onions (2-3 depending on size) into half rings, and saute them in olive oil very slowly, for about 20-30mins- along with some garlic, and salt and pepper. Then dissolve a vegetable stock cube with halfa pint of boiling water, and some tomato puree. Pour that into the onions, cook until it's thickened and reduced, throw in some grated cheese- I prefer gruyere or parmesan but you can use any really, and then mix with the cooked pasta. YUM! Goes nicely with some brocoli and garlic bread on the side, or some salad or something... It's Steve's all time favourite meal :)

Tonight I'm having rack of lamb because it was reduced very cheap in the supermarket with new potatoes and purple sprouting brocoli that we picked up this morning. YUM! :)

And I completely forgot to take a picture last night again- I will try tonight but can't promise anything knowing my memory lol! :p

Who am I kidding, I'm too sick to cook.... :(

The lamb has gone in the freezer and Steve is going out to get me a curry. Booo! That makes 3 takeaways in one week :shock: Yuck! Although the indian takeaway near us is reeeeally nice... I just hate when I'm not well enough to cook...

Aw Jen, I hope you feel better soon! And I'm going to have to try your onion pasta. What size onions do you use? The store has little onions and great big honking onions. Could you say how much each onion weighs, that would probably be easiest. Yellow ones, white ones, sweet ones? How much tomato puree, and is the bouillon cube the kind that makes 1 cup of broth or 2 cups? The bouillon cubes I've seen lately are the big ones and I wouldn't want to make the sauce too salty. Thanks!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Aw Jen, I hope you feel better soon! And I'm going to have to try your onion pasta. What size onions do you use? The store has little onions and great big honking onions. Could you say how much each onion weighs, that would probably be easiest. Yellow ones, white ones, sweet ones? How much tomato puree, and is the bouillon cube the kind that makes 1 cup of broth or 2 cups? The bouillon cubes I've seen lately are the big ones and I wouldn't want to make the sauce too salty. Thanks!
Well, I got a very strange look from Steve just now when I got up and told him I was going to weigh an onion! :biggrin2:

The ones I use are about 8oz / 1/2lb each- I use about 3 of those, which makes enough to serve about 3/4 people? Depends how much pasta you eat really. Sometimes I will use 2 of that size and a smaller one, to make less, or 2 smaller ones, etc.

The stock cubes I use make about 1.5cups of stock, so I guess if you had bigger ones you could just use half a cube? And a tablespoon of tomato puree.

Oh, and I use the spanish onions, which I believe you guys call yellow onions- according to Barefoot Contessa anyway lol! :D

Well, Jason just decided we're getting Chinese takeout for dinner.

That man makes me SO angry sometimes. Every time I am trying to lose weight, the only thing he wants to do is eat out. He gets upset if I don't eat with him. (At home, it's fend-for-yourself most nights, so it's not like I'm trying to force low-calorie food on him.) The more times I tell him I need to lose weight, the more frequently he wants to eat out. Literally every pair of pants I own is too small for me, and I can't afford to buy new ones. (Aren't you all glad you don't have to work with me:D)

So, tonight will be Chicken Broccoli, Singapore Noodles, Hot and Sour Soup, and egg rolls. I will probably start a thing of rice, and divide mine into 3 portions. (Hey, at least I will have 2 more lunches for this week. Only need to come up with something for Friday.)

*sigh* Sorry about the off-topic bits.

BethM wrote:
*sigh* Sorry about the off-topic bits.

This is a bad topic for you if you are trying to lose weight.:hug:
This thread is only makes me hungry and crave for morefood. :)

Tonight I had leftovers, but am getting ready to post some pictures from last night. :D

We got McDonald's today for lunch and I'm feeling so sick to my stomach right now - I think its gonna be "fend for yourself" because I can't stand the smell of cooking anything.

And no....I'm not pregnant or anything - just feeling pretty yuck...

(But I did eat a bunch of baby kosher pickles last night 'cause I was craving them! I wanted some cheese and crackers to go with them though...).

Prepare yourself for a Banquet from last night's dinner.

Appetizers.

1z3yq9v.jpg

20fqjqr.jpg

Latest posts

Back