WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, ye all eat very complicated food! I wouldn't eat any of that, to be honest I've never heard or seen any of that fancy food before. For my dinner I had chicken and spuds/potatoes, tomorrow I'm having spuds/potatoes and carrots...bout as complicated as it gets.

mouse_chalk
wrote:
A banquet? That sounds fun! What sort of food will you eat?
I am not sure about tomorrow. It is a Chinese restaurant, but the family hosting the banquet is Vietnamese and they are having a one month baby shower.

We had a chinese banquet at my mum's wedding. It was delicious. There was seafood san choi bao (which is like a mixture of sea food wrapped in lettuce), chicken sweet corn soup, prawns, a wide array of mains (which unfortunately I can't remember) and for desert banana fritter and chinese red bean pancakes (which aren't really like western pancakes at all). Yum! :)

Irishbunny, that sounds really Irish to me! (probably because of the spuds) Lol! Simple but nice.

irishbunny wrote:
Wow, ye all eat very complicated food! I wouldn't eat any of that, to be honest I've never heard or seen any of that fancy food before. For my dinner I had chicken and spuds/potatoes, tomorrow I'm having spuds/potatoes and carrots...bout as complicated as it gets.
:p
for my dinner its the same. but i might get peas.

Numbat wrote:

Irishbunny, that sounds really Irish to me! (probably because of the spuds) Lol! Simple but nice.
i could say it tastes nice, but irishbunny might say sum thing different;)
oh, with hp sauce its nicer

Numbat wrote
Lol I have like spuds everyday except maybe sometimes we have chips/fries whatever you call them or maybe pasta with cheese and broccoli. Sometimes my mam makes chicken curry, that's as fancy as it gets here where I live lol!

Numbat that seafood and lettuce thing sounds soooo good! I really could eat Chinese food now!

I love all kinds of Asian food really- especially Indian curries, but I also love any kind of mildly spicy food.....

Oh I am so hungry now thinking about nice things to eat!

Tonight we are having the onion pasta I was going to make the other day. I WILL remember to take a picture of it this time! :p

I've been really busy with school, plus I've been working late, so I haven't been doing too much cooking. We had leftovers of that chicken casserole for 2 nights (it was good as leftovers too!). The night before last, we had chicken and bacon filled pasta that had been in the freezer since December- I forget what that kind of pasta is called, it starts with a B. Over it we had alfredo sauce from the gourmet section of the grocery store, it was due to expire soon so was marked down. I always check to see if they have marked down pastas and sauces, the pasta actually came from there too! Also had peas. I love peas. Yesterday was Paul's birthday and by the time we got home it was too late to go out to eat, so we had a frozen pizza. Festive! I work until 11:30 tonight so he's going to have leftover pizza and I'm going to have a can of tomato and rice soup.

Jen, how do you make the onion pasta and flapjacks? Also, I forgot who posted it, but I'm quite interested in the Firehouse Chili recipe.

We are having for dinner tonight. Its almost 5 here.

Breakfast for dinner.

Bacon eggs and pancakes.

Hubby gets up at 4 30 in the morning. I will not be up that early for no breakfast. I am doing good to get upby 7 on most days now. Will post pictures when dinner is done.

Last night's dinner was seared ahi-tuna steak. It was about 1" thick and cooked very rare - almost qualified as sushi. It was served with wild rice and french bread toasted with blue-brie cheese,

Tonight Pat grilled an elk sirloin and it was accompanied by baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and crusty rolls.

We just had spinach and cheese filled pasta tonight, a quick dinner. We are making Maple Syrup right now which requires us being outside almost 24 a day to keep the fire burning and checking sap buckets. Definately a crockpot day tomorrow!

Oh wow look at all this food! You all seem to make such an effort for dinner everyday. :shock: I usually just have something very simple, like a toasted sandwich. xD Hmm what did I have today.. a chicken panini. That's about exciting as it gets.

irishbunny wrote:
Lol I have like spuds everyday except maybe sometimes we have chips/fries whatever you call them or maybe pasta with cheese and broccoli. Sometimes my mam makes chicken curry, that's as fancy as it gets here where I live lol!
So many people eat potatoes every day here! Lol! I never eat them as I don't like them, but that's an irish stereotype that is pretty true. :)

This is probably going to sound gross to some people...oh well.

I browned up some sausage - patties and links. Then I made scrambled eggs.

Art also cut up 2 tomatoes and threw in some green pepper - I added a touch of oil, Sweet N Low, and oregano. We microwaved this for 2 minutes.

Then we put the scrambled eggs in the bottom of a bowl - added the sausage and tomato on top and covered it with "fiesta blend" shredded cheese (I think its Montery Jack and Colby or something like that).

I thought about putting it in a tortilla shell but it would be too messy.

No pics...sorry!

Michaela wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
So many people eat potatoes every day here! Lol! I never eat them as I don't like them, but that's an irish stereotype that is pretty true. :)
lol.
same over here. with peas and chicken....mmhhh

I went to TGI Fridays and had loaded potatoe skins for appetizers, a ceaser salad, Fridays cheeseburger with sweet potatoe fries, than for desert I had a brownie with ghiroldes( no idea of spelling ) chocolate drizzles over it (hot of course) with vanilla icecream on the side. Father in laws treat.

Latest posts

Back