WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SnowyShiloh wrote:
Valerie, how is the soy cheese? Is the texture like processed cheese or real cheese? We had a weird dinner. A gigantic bowl of steamed broccoli, shared a can of chicken noodle soup, and the rest of the potato salad from Sunday.
The soy cheese is ok. It kind of tastes like "light" regular cheese, kind of rubbery and doesn't have much taste. It melts like regular cheese.

I bought 3 flavours to taste: jalapeno jack, cheddar and mozzarella. The jalapeno jack has a weird flavour that I dont' really like. The cheddar taste ok and the mozzarella didn't have much flavour at all.

I tested them plain with crackers, in some tacos and on the pizza. Plain on the crackers was ok but since they dont' have much taste it was just kind of rubbery. In the tacos I didn't like much. It was half melty and kind of gross. I ended up picking it out. On the pizza was good. I used the mozza and sprinkled a bit of cheddar on top. It melts just like cheese, except it didn't get brown like the regular cheese. I had to add a bit of salt and pepper to the pizza as it lacked that salty cheese flavour but other then that it was good. I"d make the pizzas again.

I've also had soy cheese nachos at a friend's house. They were good too.

I think the key is to use it either cold or melted. When its used in something like the tacos where its only half warmed it was rather gross.

Last night I just had a bundle of asparagus, which I roasted with a bit of olive oil and kosher salt. Then sprinkled with some Parmesan, and topped the whole thing with afried egg.

Tonight I'm going to make Portobello Mushroom Bisque. Might be my favorite soup of all time. Probably some salad on the side.

I had noodles smothered in a cheesy buttery ranch dressing with garlic bread and some type of grilled meat and a HUGE glass of chocolate milk!

It was so good!

For lunch I had a hot dog! Woot! :p

Tonight I made stir fry. It had bok choy, broccoli, celery, bean sprouts, pea pods and moose meat instead of beef(my dad is a hunter so we eat lots of game meat).

It was really good. I used this sweet soy sauce as the sauce and served it over noodles. Made enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Jason and I went out to Houlihan's. I had grilled salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. I just love salmon.
He had mushroom enchiladas. We split a creme brulee for dessert.

Last night we had pizza at a local pizza place. We got two medium pizzas: a tomato supreme and a jalapeno papa, and a pitcher of their home brewed root beer. The tomato supreme has pesto instead of tomato sauce and sliced tomatoes on top. The jalapeno papa has regular tomato sauce, with pepperoni, little cream cheese blobs, and sliced jalapenos. Both pizzas are/were delicious, we'll probably have the leftovers for dinner!

Yesterday we had pizza, ordered from pizza 73. My dad went golfing with his friends and then invited everyone over for pizza. I"m on a "no dairy" diet but I caved and had the pizza too. It was deliscious!!! So far no reactions from eating the cheese so i'm happy.

Since its sunday we always do a family dinner and my grandpa comes over. We are having roasted pork shoulder(its been cooking all day in the oven and smells fantastic!), mashed potatoes, Steamed garden carrots, and I made bruschetta for an appetizer, as all our garden tomatoes are ready. I also made a mixed berry crisp for dessert :)

Only an hour left until dinner and i'm starving. The house smells so yummy!

Tonight was leftover mushroom bisque, with some toasted French bread and sliced brie on the side. And a bottle of white wine.

Tonight I made Cajun Pasta Fresca:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cajun-Pasta-Fresca/Detail.aspx

I didn't use any salt (the cajun seasoning has salt), left out the mozzarella, used more garlic and added some of the tequila lime chicken breasts we grilled last week. It was really good! I'm definitely going to cook it again. Also had steamed broccoli and sliced cucumbers with red wine pomegranate vinegar.

Last night I made this bean salad:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Nicoise-Style-Tuna-Salad-With-White-Beans--Olives/Detail.aspx

I left out the onion, used cucumber instead of green beans, less olive oil and more lemon juice. It was good, but really good as leftovers for lunch today! Next time I'm going to add tomatoes.

yum! im currently cooking my way thru Caribbean Cooking Made Easy by Levi Roots, and enjoying every hot minute of it. actually im getting to know my way round chillis and can adjust the heat! it's one of the few cookbooks that has recipes that all of us enjoy:bunnydance: a big bonus is that all the ingredients are readily available from my local shops.

Yesterday we had salmon burgers, french fries, and a veggie salad(broccoli, celery and red peppers cut up). We had just bought the salmon burgers and were testing them out. They were really good, we'll definitely be buying them again.

Tonight I'm thinking of making a chicken&veggie red thai curry, served over brown rice. Thai curries are my fav as I LOVE coconut milk! Yum!

degrassi wrote:
Yesterday we had salmon burgers, french fries, and a veggie salad(broccoli, celery and red peppers cut up). We had just bought the salmon burgers and were testing them out. They were really good, we'll definitely be buying them again.

Tonight I'm thinking of making a chicken&veggie red thai curry, served over brown rice. Thai curries are my fav as I LOVE coconut milk! Yum!

Love Thai curry too! Very yummy. Hope your dinner is awesome!

Thai curry = Awesome!

Last night I wasn't feeling up to cooking much, so I did some "fancy" ramen noodles. I sliced some spinach finely, then sauteed it with a drizzle each of olive and sesame oil, plus about 4 cloves of chopped garlic. After the spinach was cooked, I removed it from the pan and scrambled one egg. I added thespinach and eggto the noodles, and sprinkled some sesame seeds on top.

I don't usually have dessert, but last night I had several figs, plus a few slices of Brie. My husband said my dinner and my dessert were on opposite ends of the socio-ecomomic spectrum. LOL!

Today I spent the day canning pickled beets. So, so many beets. I canned 15 pints and we still have enough to do another 15pints! I guess next year we'll only plant 1 row of beets instead of 2, lol.

Along with all the canning I made some BBQ baked beans and threw in some leftover pork shoulder. I also made some more bruschetta.

kirbyultra wrote:
Beth, your ramen sounds so good....... I often trick myself into thinking that adding vegetables in ramen makes it "healthy" lol Sometimes it just really hits the spot. So hungry now... :ponder:
Yeah, I eat WAY more ramen than I probably should. But I always put vegetables in it. So it's healthy, right? :biggrin2:

I still had a half a pound of fresh spinach in the fridge, but I've already had ramen with spinach twice this week. So, I thinly sliced all the spinach, and sauteed it with many chopped garlic cloves in a splash of olive oil. Served along side Rice-a-Roni (whole grain variety), and a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean veggie-burger. (I prefer the Mushroom-Lover's burger, but Jason ate the last one earlier in the week, and left me his black bean one instead.)
Dessert is a couple slices of Australian Cheddar cheese.

spaghetti and meatballs....

it's midnight and i'm just getting to eat dinner...errr...breakfast?

IMG_2576.jpg

Latest posts

Back