What brush should I buy for my rabbit who is shedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsapphires

Reaction score
The brush I have right now (first image) I found out that it doesn't work well at all for getting rid of my rabbit's excess fur and just wastes my time when I brush him. I'm going to get a new one, and I had this (second image) in mind. I researched what types of brushes are good for rabbits and I saw that the Pet Select Hair Buster comb was good. I couldn't find the exact one, but I think that is similar enough, and I was just wondering if I could use that or if I'm doing something wrong.
If I put this in the wrong forum, I'm sorry! I thought health would be the closest thing to maintaining fur.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 09.24.19.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 09.24.19.png
    802.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 09.23.16.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 09.23.16.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi there!

Can I ask what breed your rabbit is? My mini-lop rabbit Bambi has a different hair type to my rex rabbit Duke so I use different brushes on them. For Bambi, I like to use the Hair Buster and think it is very effective, especially for her hair type. The second image you have attached is similar to the Hair Buster but is missing the rubber looping through the comb which usually catches the hair (not sure how best to explain this!). I haven't tried that style of comb without the rubber looping so I am not sure if it will work, however have a go and see if it does! In case it doesn't work very weak without the rubber part but both Amazon and Small Pet Select sell the Hair Buster comb with the rubber looping in it (I'm not sure what region you are in). If they do not ship to your region I've attached a video that shows how you can add the rubber part into the comb yourself!

Small Pet Select-
https://smallpetselect.co.uk/collections/grooming-supplies-for-rabbits/products/hair-buster-comb
Amazon-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Small-Pet-...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Video on DIY Hair Buster Comb-

I also use the Furminator brush on my rex rabbit Duke since his hair is thicker and shorter and I personally find that the Hair Buster is not as effective on his hair type. I've attached a link to this brush below if you want to have a look!

Furminator brush-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FURminator...-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. :)

I saw that the Pet Select Hair Buster comb was good. I couldn't find the exact one, but I think that is similar enough, and I was just wondering if I could use that or if I'm doing something wrong.
The rubber weave in the Hair Buster comb that you can see in the above posts is what makes it so effective.

Latest posts

Back