Welcome To Buck's Bunny Bistro!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
BoBBunny, Congratulations on Heidi! I know we had some disagreements in the past, but I hope you have put that behind you as I have. Bygones. Having a child that drives would be almost too much for me to take on. I was just saying to my best friend this past weekend that I don't know how parents do it when they have to hand over their car to their 16 year old. :shock: I'm so glad to hear that Bo and Cloverbunny are doing well. Bo is such a gorgeous boy. He has always been one of my favorite of his breed. Such a stunning boy he is. By the way, in the book Life Lessons From Elvis, Elvis says: "It's cheaper to buy horses inbulk." Would be nice if we all had the extra cash hanging around, wouldn't it? He was a crazy fool when it came to horses. Absolutely adored them. One horse really put the screws to Raspberry. Ask her about it if you don't know.

:hug:

Of course! It was all silly really!

It's good to see you here! and I'm happy to know the bunnies are doing well! It seems we just all keep collecting the little buggers don't we?!

Thanks for the compliments on Bo - he's a brat LOL! VERY spoiled now and thinks he owns the place. Ok, he runs it but he doesn't own it.

I read about Raspberry and OMG! It really got to me. Infact, after I read that..... Last night my daughter was going to ride Pokie and something just wasn't setting right with her - and sure enough she started bucking and being stupid because she heard someone using a chainsaw.... she got to go to her stall early! I kept seeing Raspberry's Xray in my mind!

Luke doesn't get to drive much yet! ;)

Hi Everyone! It's great to see everyone all together again in Buck's Bunny Bistro! What a great idea! Well, hope you all are doing well, hope to see more of you around. Say hi to your babies for me! Bunbun says hi too!

love kat.

I've been trying all morning to post something here, but am at work (with a major headache to boot) and couldn't find the chance. I'll read all the other posts later once my head stops pounding...just wanted to say hi to everyone first. Guess I'm one of the newer 'veterans', as I joined RO not very long before Buck's passing. I am so sorry I didn't get to know him, but do recall reading some of his posts when I first joined up and thinking, 'What a treasured soul this person is'. He certainly had an aura about him. And a couple of other standouts to me when I first joined were Carolyn, Pam and Gypsy. Of course all the members have been outstanding, all in their own ways.

I became a member of the forum right around the time I began my search for an English lop. I hadn't owned a rabbit in many years (except for one brief time of being owned by a wayward dwarf mix - Rufus - who thought he was a cat), and even though I'd actually raised and showed Polish for a few years when I was in my late teens/early twenties, it wasn't until I joined the forum that I realized just how much I still didn't know about rabbits.

And then came Raph...and most of you know his story. Ever since his passing I've been taking care of Anna (and the rest of the furry household), but the pull was there to get another rabbit...and so this past weekend I did. My sister and I drove to the Toronto area, visited my son Stephen, got to meet his girlfriend (finally...and I really like her! :)), and then on the way home went to the breeder's and picked up the newest addition to the family. I'll post a photo of him in the other thread, and will probably start a thread on him in the forum today or tomorrow.

I'll go post his pic, and try to shake this danged headache...and when I can will pop back in and read what everyone's written!

~Di

Hunnybunny, Let's just say after hearing about your first day in the class, I'm glad it's you that's enrolled and not me! Nope, wouldn't want to see any of that! I don't know how I'd handle that!

Bo: So true, it was all very silly. God, one has to learn, which I have, not to sweat the small stuff, ey? I see you're still trying to sell Bo as a brat. :nonono:We know that that's your weak attempt to keep him off of the kidnapping list, but think again! We're NOT buyin it!

Seniorcats and Pipp: I completely agree that HankHanky was a wack job. I certainly made mistakes, but getting rid of that guy was definitely not one of them. I still bum when I think of rabbits in his care, but that is beyond my control. Sometimes I swear, I wish people would have to get some sort of license to have a pet. So many are neglected and abused. I just can't think about that - as Scarlett O'Hara says. That is one of the things I've loved so much about the forum. It really does connect you with people that love rabbits as much as you do yourself.

Pipp, you've been More than Accomodating in setting this forum up. I know I speak for everyone when I say a heartfelt thank you! :party:

Seniorcats, have you ever seen this woman's work? She's out of England and she primarily paints Cats, but she does do rabbits as well. I had her do these pendants of Tucker, Cali, and Fauna. If you like, I can find her website and post it. With Christmas coming, I might have her do one of my niece's dog for her.

TuckerandFaunapendants1.jpg

calipendant2.jpg

Sorry the pictures are so big! I have to downsize them obviously! HEY!!! I went to look for the embarrassedpicture and found THE KING!!! :elvis2:WAHOOO!

Hi kfonz and BunBun! :wave:

No time to reply to you Bassetluv, but will when I do have more time. Sending you love. :pink iris:

Hey Carolyn.. so nice to hear from you.. know that you're extremely busy.. who isn't?! ;)glad to here that you got someone else into the wonderful world of buns.. They are such a joy to have.. my husband was so shocked a few months ago..I had a rabbit named Tigger and she LOVED bananas..(and i mean would rip your arm off for it)... he was sitting on the couch the one day eating one and outta nowhere she came tearing thru the kitchen and did a flying leap onto his lap to attack his banana.. :shock:Scared the crap outta him but heck he still talks about it to this day.. and it happened over 3 yrs ago..

and yeah Snuggle's death is still too fresh.. just taking it day by day for now.. been thru this 2 other times.. never get use to it tho.. and there's always something I'm beating myself up for.. I need to clean out his room but can't bring myself to do it yet.. :?

I also went back to work part time in February... work from 8pm-2am for a local trucking company... I'm a billing clerk... I like the work but don't like the atmosphere too much... and my husband works from 6am-5pm both of us only have weekends off..

sorry if these pics aretoo big but wanted to share a pic of my daughter... everyone that sees us together say she looks exactly like me...

mommykat.jpg

one.jpg

Hi Ditty!

Believe me, I know I'm not the only one that's busy! It's the way of the world these days. I got rid of my computer at home, so work's the only time I get to reply. Hence the reason why I had to write later to Bassetluv.

The portrait of you and Kaitlyn Rose is beautiful!! Indeed, she looksA LOT like you! What a pretty girl! She has such a sparkle in her eyes.

It's great to have the weekends off, isn't it? They're quite the hours you're keeping with the job, though. When do you sleep? Between those hours and having a baby, it's amazing you're able to keep things together.

Tigger sounds like a Love! What a character and a Big Ham when it came to 'nanas! I would've loved to have seen that scene you described. I love the sound they make when they eat a banana. I remember it used to make Lissa sick. It sounds like you have a real Boss on your hands there. Can't get away with anything!

I completely understand having a hard time cleaning up Snuggles area. Take as long as you need. My heart goes out to you. Losing such a wonderful companion is devastating. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Bassetluv!

Do you know I still think of Raph when I see an English Lop. He was an English Lop, wasn't he? God, the connection you two had is one I'll never forget. The pictures you posted of him were always so fun and beautiful to see. You could tell he lived and was loved like a King. Gone in the physical form, but I assure you - never forgotten by more than just your family, Dear Heart. Raph touched many people's hearts deeply. Like I said, the bond you two had was magical.

Anna is breathtaking! What a beautiful baby she is. Congratulations on your new baby as well! Good on ya, as Buck would say, for getting making another rabbit's life one full of love and all the comforts of home. If reincarnation is real, I'll come back as one of your rabbits if I'm given a choice!

I love the names you pick for your charges! Such strong names they all are!

Do keep us posted on how the new baby and Anna get along. It would be so sweet to see them bonded, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'm looking forward to hearing how their personalities mesh. :D

Oh my gosh!!!
It sure is busy at the Bistro today, but I know they've always got a open seat!

"I think I'll sit on the open terrace and enjoy the sunshine today, please.:cool:
A mug of French Roast and a cannoli when you get a chance?"

HI, Y'ALL !!!:woohoo
***Waves franticly and jumps up and down with joy***
"Carolyn, Raz, Pam, Cher, Kat, HB63, Shannon, BoBBunny, Labell, Mandy, Kim, seniorcats, Di !!! And anyone else I may have missed, too!"

It's so good to see everybody and read up on all the updates.
I wish I could address each and every one of you, but I don't have too much time at the moment.

Not much has changed around my place.
Still have my eight bunnies....some ups and downs, but everybunnie is doing well.
They now occupy the finished basement....cages have all been expanded with NIC pen add-ons...common exercise area....cable....fireplace....yadda-yadda...Nice new digs for the buns.:D

Gotta run....more later!!

TTFN
~Jim

Hey all, I'm quite alive and well most of the time, LOL. I'm one of the original 100 first members (oh wow I feel old ;)). I remember the good ole days whenRO was a small but active family like community and the times that we shared (like Sebastian in a Speedo....:whistling)andI look forward to catching up with all the original members that have disappeared over the years.

Um, now what's new? I'm in my second year of Chemical Engineering and currently busy applying for jobs for a work experience term in January and hoping to land myself in the world of fellow bunny lovers -- watch out Pipp and Aurora, I'm aiming for you. ;)

The bunnies are all well, on occasion I find one of them with a war inury, normally Spice. Ironic that the oldest and smallest is picking onmy biggest rabbit, he he. Other than a few tussels, both pairs get along amazingly well and were so easy to bond (I really lucked out with Reese seeing as how Spice has never liked other rabbits before). They are all healthy and eating me out of house and home but hey, it's just money right.;)

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
My Bunny Boys (who has since changed her name - you know, my kids would really be confused if I changed my name every time I had a new kid! :X)
Well hey! I couldn't go along neglecting my lovely little girls! I tried to keep my initials the same (MBB). :p

P.S.- I was actually M&S Mom for a while too. ;)Oh and I think you mean 2004, not 2003.:whistling

Cher, it's so awesome to see you! I'm glad your bunnies are well. Where are you residing? BC still? I may just have to come and 'visit' you and your bunnies, he he.

Carolyn, about time you came back.;)

Just checking in briefly (homework beckons). This thread is a wonderful burst of sunshine on my day. I'm so glad to 'see' everyone here :group:

Oh yes, Carolyn, I would love to have the web site or info for the woman who makes those pendants.Having some for my past kitties - Casey, Siegfried, Princess Tugboat Titanica and Cookie - would be a joy.

Wack job....ha, ha, ha, I'm glad someone else uses that term!I agree on licensing pet owners and because ofso many awful headlines, I think parents need to be licensed. I will volunteer to set the standards.... I did talk to 2 people who visited the rabbitry and they said the conditions were filthy and overcrowed at best. Very, very sad and even more sad because at one time he was teaching 4H kids. You did a good thing in eliminating the problem from the board.

Ditty - your Kaitlyn Rose is adorable!

I second the heartfelt thanks to Pipp!

Good Morning to all! Just wanted to say HI! I am so thrilled to see all the familiar names here! Hello Carolyn! How good to hear you are doing well (and wonderful to hear the buns are all fine!) Congrats on your new addition! Darla sounds like she is a princess! Please give the buns a kiss for me!

I joined the Forum in July 05 after being invited by Danielle. I was really disappointed when things "changed", and didn't know until recently that the forum had re-opened. I missed everyone's stories and personalities.

I have 2 daughters, ages 18 and 14. My oldest just started college (OK, I'm officially broke now!) and my youngest just started high school (attitude plus!). I love, breed and show Flemish Giants. I love the challange of improving the blues, and also have blacks and whites. Ihave 2Gordon Setters and a parrot. My girls keep Mini Rex, show them occassionally, and love them all the time.

I'm working 2 part time jobs, but hope to be more active on the Forum. I appreciate all the "accumulated knowledge" this site has to offer and all the wonderful people that share our love of everything rabbit!

Seniorcats,

Here's her website. http://www.suzannelegoodcats.com/home.html Truly, the pieces are even better in person than they photograph. She got my babies personalities just right. She's a real cat fanatic as well. She does "cat shows" in the summers where she picks up a lot of orders. Save your money and treat yourself to one of her pendants of your babies. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Buck, The Missus and I visited that freak's rabbitry. Without going into detail - we left very depressedabout thoserabbits. God, it still bothers me when I think back on that day. :( So so sad. It makes you realize just how lucky all of our rabbits are.

Hi Jim, :)

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and the family - human and long earred both!

BlueGiants! :hugsquish:Hiya Doll! Sooo great to see you! Any babies in the barn? You were missed too, My Friend. Seeing your picture warms my heart.

MBB, Your avatar is gorgeous. Wow, Dear Heart, you have really turned into a beautiful woman. I wrote you in the pictures thread. :big kiss:

I'm not going to update anything on here (as I'm on the forum pretty much every day:p) however I just wanted to say welcome back to everyone, and it's great to see you are all doing well.:)

Has anyone heard from Tina lately? She is a member of another forum I frequent however she hasn't been on for a while.:?I still remember the old days as the 'Apollo days', he was a bun in a million that lad.:)

Good Lord, Sweetheart, it is definitely hard to see Millie without Ruby. :bigtears:

I have spoken to Tina. She's doing really well. Off-line again. Don't know when she'll be back. All of her charges are doing well, she's the same old Tina! I'll be sure to let her know that you were asking for her. She'll be devasted to hear that Ruby is an Angel Bun now.

Is there anything I can do to help you with your pain? My heart breaks thinking about what you're going through. I know you're having a terrible time. Please, if there's anything, don't hesitate to contact me. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you at this most heartwrenching time.

Much Love,

-Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn - that means so much to me.:hug2:It is incredibly hard living without Ruby, it's like missing a part of me. I know when people grieve they are supposed to accept what has happened, but I feel like I don't want to accept this because it means Ruby really isn't coming back.:in tears:

I just can't believe that she is really gone, that when I see Millie Ruby isn't right there beside her begging for treats.:tears2:They were two of a kind....

bunnybreakfast.jpg

:bigtears:Oh Dear Heart,

I so wish I could help. You just have no idea how it rips me apart to not only know that Ruby is waiting for you in spirit, but to know that you are suffering so severely.

What a gorgeous picture of the babies together. I completely understand about seeing them as two, and now - only one. :sad:

Please allow help into your life. If there's anything you can think of, please let me know. I am here for you.

You might want to talk to your doctor. The kind of grief you are dealing with can reallyblockyour endorphins. The doctor might consider something to help take the edge off. You're not even able to get peaceful sleep. That in and of itself can make you not have the strength to take this on alone. There's no shame in that.

Take what you like and leave the rest of what I've said, but please remain open to help.

Much Love,

Carolyn

Carolyn - you are so sweet!:hug2:Thank you, your words mean so much to me. I wish I knew what I could do, but I can't even think of what to do to help Millie.:sigh: I'm just so sick of making these life-altering decisions, I had to make them all the time for Ruby -including the one to end her life. I don't want to have to make any more.:tears2:

Look, Honey, you've got all the time you need to make a decision. Let the answer come to you. You're not in the mindset to make any decisions at this rate. There's no rush. Millie has you and that's truly all she needs - your attention and understanding - which of course she has.

I have a rule - When I don't know what to do, I do nothing.

I'm not great with advice, but it's worked for me. Don't pressure yourself. You'll know what to do when the smoke has cleared from this tragedy.

Thank you Carolyn, that's good advice.:hug: I think I'll just let the answer come to me, in time Millie will know if she is ready for a new friend, or is she is better as a spoilt only bun.:)But for now Millie and I can mourn Ruby together.:(

Back