* WARNING! * new style of NIC panels.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from Bed, Bath & Beyond, for around $20 Canadian, for i think 12 panels. I know it is expensive, but it is well worth it, cause Jacob is able to run around all he likes. But I would recommend putting a roof on it. I underestimated Jacob, and he climbed the wall and jumped out. :bunny19

My NIC run was flipped upside down and my dwarf mix, weighing 3 pounds, easily shoved his way out of the larger holes that are usually on top. HTH someone.

I bought some with the larger grids to make a hay holder. 2 cubes wide 1 cube deep. (You can never have to much hay) the holes are big enough for the bunnies to peek in and grab the hay. I also used some for the roof of a raised lookout area in their pen.

Someone mentioned this on my NIC thread. But I have read this several times. I am going to take my larger grids, and once I get the shelf in. I am going to take some fencing wire and run through the holes horizontally and vertically. Cutting the large holes into fourths. I will start a new thread and post pictures once, I am done with it.

Yea, Target messed up their cubes. They're not really suitable for cages any longer.

I got mine from K-Mart, and all the panels have 1.5" holes. The 6 cube set was around $22 full price, but I got them on sale for $17.99, and a friend got hers on an different sale for only $15.99/set (and that's in Hawaii, so it's probably cheaper on the mainland US).

i have just come to the realization after putting my entire nic together i used the bigger spacing uggggg can i just put zip ties diagonally soo i dont have to take the whole ting apart

im just going to get hard wire and wrap it around 2ft by 15 should be good for a 3 long 2 deep and 2 high nic cage right??? im getting about 11 feet just want to make shore

Great topic. I read this on another board while doing my research. They key thing I remembered was, it was mentioned that the grids should have 9 squares across.

I found mine at K-mart on sale for $14.99 per box.
Got my strip ties at Home Depot in a bag of 1,000.
HomeDepot also had the coroplast and hard plastic edging to prevent chewing the edges. Worked our great.

I just brought two rescued buns home tonight. Last week I built my first Cube Condo and so wish I had read the warnings about two different sized panels before I started! I ended up needing 4 boxes of cubes to have the small sized holes for everything except for covered shelves. Don't tell Target, but I have considered reboxing 23 of the larger holed panels and returning them. The Condo I built is for home use and I will be needing to build another for my classroom in a week or so. I did an extensive search in person and online for panels and came up with the following:

http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12194-518-14-x-14-white-mini-grid-panel-30101.aspx

14" square panels with all small sized holes are $1.10/ea. Sounded expensive to me at first and then I considered I paid $90.00 at Target (Bought two sets at 24.99 and then realized I needed more to compensate for panels I couldn't use and they were on sale for 19.99 when I went back) for 36 useable panels that I know I won't have to worry about. I can have 100 panels shipped from PA to my house in VA for around 145.00. The had 4 or 5 different physical stores for those of you close enough to one. I think this is the route I will take for my next Condo. If anyone has found a cheaper alternative please let me know!

I got my cubes earlier this month from walmart.com... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Black-Wire-Storage-Cubes-Set-of-4/5005199

they only have them in select stores, which apparently isn't any in San Antonio, but they'll do free site-to-store (no min purchase amount) or if you order at least $45 worth of "home free" items (ie three boxes of cubes) you can get FREE home delivery. I ordered three on the morning of august 2nd and was told they'd be delivered august 8-10th... but then I found a heavy box on my porch on saturday the 4th! never thought I'd be so impressed with walmart, lol.

it's 20 connectors and 17 grids per box, 19.47 for black, $2 more for multi-colored and $2.50 more for white (glad I wanted black anyway!)... in other words, for about $62 (3 boxes + sales tax) you can get 51 grids, 60 connectors and free shipping to your home. the free shipping is a steal 'cause that box was HEAVY!

they've got the same dimensions and spacing as NIC cube panels and ALL panels in the box are "usable" for our purposes.

I searched the four surrounding counties and finally found some. I was told online and in person that two different wal marts (45 minutes drive each) had the ones you mentioned only to find out when I got to the store they didn't have them. They used their little scanners and told me that had 12 on inventory but we couldn't find them anywhere in the store. K Mart finally had some (another 45 minute drive!) in stock. Their set only comes in black and the panels are ever so slightly smaller. The upside is that they are for a set of 6 cubes (23 panels in a box) for 19.00 a box. I bought 5 boxes while I was there so I wouldn't be chasing them down again any time soon!

Latest posts

Back