* WARNING! * new style of NIC panels.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, I missed this before. I'm just putting together a plan to clean up and promote our 'cages' threads so it will be a prominent link from our 'front page' (when it's ready), and this thread will be crucial.

We're definitely going to need pics of all the different styles of cubes while still in the boxes, as well as out.

One of the nicest, most productive things we can do for bunnies everywhere is to get them out of the traditional pet store prisons and into some decent condos.

Everytime I see an ad on Craigslist for somebody looking for, giving away or selling a small, single level cage, I post about cube shelving cages (we REALLY need to stop using the term 'NIC') and include some pics and I get a ton of responses asking for more info.

Thanks for bumping this!

sas :)

Pipp wrote:
Ooh, I missed this before. I'm just putting together a plan to clean up and promote our 'cages' threads so it will be a prominent link from our 'front page' (when it's ready), and this thread will be crucial.

We're definitely going to need pics of all the different styles of cubes while still in the boxes, as well as out.

One of the nicest, most productive things we can do for bunnies everywhere is to get them out of the traditional pet store prisons and into some decent condos.

Everytime I see an ad on Craigslist for somebody looking for, giving away or selling a small, single level cage, I post about cube shelving cages (we REALLY need to stop using the term 'NIC') and include some pics and I get a ton of responses asking for more info.

Thanks for bumping this!

sas :)

Well, said, Sas!

What shall we call "NIC cages" now? I agree it needs to be changed, "NIC" is rather confusing to some people. Just "Cube Cages"?

I usually call mine Cube Condos.
I think "NIC" is confusing to some people, if they don't know what it stands for, and some think that's the brand they should be looking for, or that every store carries that brand. It seems like the most popular ones around here (in the US, anyway) are the ones that come from Target?

Do you know where I can get NIC grids in Melbourne, Australia?

These cubes are not only used for rabbit NIC cages, but GUINEA PIG cages. Can you imagine a tiny guinea pig in a cage with those grids??!!:grumpy:

Can anyone give the exact measurement of the small grids vs. the large grids? I'm speaking of the inner grid measurement where bunny might stick head or nose through.

Also, what is a universal safe hole size for any type of cage with bunnies? I know it depends on breed and age / size.

Thank you,
Nelson

ntwhelan wrote:
Can anyone give the exact measurement of the small grids vs. the large grids? I'm speaking of the inner grid measurement where bunny might stick head or nose through.

Also, what is a universal safe hole size for any type of cage with bunnies? I know it depends on breed and age / size.

Thank you,
Nelson

The smaller square is 1 3/4 of a inch

The larger square is 3 inches.

So there is a huge difference.

Note can someone convert that for the metric system

A petition to them could make a huge impact. I'd bet that 75% of what they sell is for bunny hutches. They are listed on most all indoor bunny sites. This could be a huge mistake for them and us!

Sharon

I wanted to find out, for those that use the target NICs what do you do with your large grids? Use them as roofs or as the second stack up? How large of a bunny do you think is ok in a cage with the large cubes?

I use them as roofs, floors (only works if you use a solid floor over it), as the grids that go against a wall, or if I am making a pen then I use them as the highest grid.

Yeah, all the NIC I have bought have been half "Small" grids and half large grids..my lionhead as a baby could fit through the large ones, so we had to use all the smalls. Now she can still fit her muzzle, so we only use them for the roof.

My large English lop however can't fit his head past his nose so we use them for his cage.

Latest posts

Back