* WARNING! * new style of NIC panels.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm......college kids use them for storage right?

and when it's time to pack up and go back home...what do those kids do?
they throw all kinds of stuff out! so I'm thinking....

if I time it right...and go do a bit of "curb surfing".....I just might find a new bunny cage or two....

furryface wrote:
hmmm......college kids use them for storage right?

and when it's time to pack up and go back home...what do those kids do?
they throw all kinds of stuff out! so I'm thinking....

if I time it right...and go do a bit of "curb surfing".....I just might find a new bunny cage or two....
Perfect IDEA! Or just post on craigslist you want them....

Aly!

Dumpster diving is my favorite! *eyeroll* If you time it right, you can peek in dumpsters around colleges right after the semester lets out (more so for summer break) and find some nice furniture and storage stuff. It's normally not icky, either! :D

I know it sounds gross, but I've gotten some nice chairs and storage things that way. I don't pick up anything fabric, and I've seen nice shelving units before (when I didn't need them :grumpy:). With a little cleaning, everything turns out OK :D

Sorry, my mom taught me how to be super-cheap lol

kherrmann3 wrote:
Dumpster diving is my favorite! *eyeroll* If you time it right, you can peek in dumpsters around colleges right after the semester lets out (more so for summer break) and find some nice furniture and storage stuff. It's normally not icky, either! :D

I know it sounds gross, but I've gotten some nice chairs and storage things that way. I don't pick up anything fabric, and I've seen nice shelving units before (when I didn't need them :grumpy:). With a little cleaning, everything turns out OK :D

Sorry, my mom taught me how to be super-cheap lol

I don't think it is gross! I love finding other peoples trash and turning them into treasures! My parents have raised me to be cheap too!:p

Aly!:)

My next door neighbors when I lived in Ga LOVED to go "trashin'". I got into the habit of going with them and had a blast! I also got some bookshelves and a mason jar that someone turned into a lamp, I put different types of dried beans in it and used it in my kitchen.

LOL we used to try to get out every Tuesday right at dark because there was some guy in a grey pick up that would drive around to pick up things to sell at the flea market. We used to get so mad if he beat us to a neighborhood.....good times :D

My cousin works in delivery of some construction stuff. When he was remodeling an old house, he looked each day around jobs - especially housing editions since they typically use similar colors of siding and stuff. He found things like kitchen countertops that were just cut to the wrong size..... tossed. Not sent to the store for reduction or anything..... just tossed! He was able to use them since they were cut shorter and he had a smaller kitchen. He also got leftover insulation, flooring..... he remodeled their entire house with dumpster dives.....

One of my coworkers found a net and badmitton racquets in the trash. The students are having a blast playing with them!!!

Trash picking isn't so bad.

Minda

I used to live down the block from a florist that handled commercial accounts. They used to throw away the potted plants that they switched out from offices. I got some awesome plants out of the dumpster.

How come I can't find these anywhere around here?!

I looked at wal-mart and couldn't find em, target, according to there website online, they don't have em either.

*bump*

Can this be pinned to the top of this part of the forum AND the top of the photo philes forum....so every one can see this before building their cages?

I'm pretty sure that this "modification" is permanent. I went to Target today to check and every box showed the larger grids. Last time I bought them (about 6 weeks ago) you could still find the regular panels, you just had to check because they were mixed in with the boxed that had the bigger ones.

I know this thread is old but I discovered this last night when building storms new cage he can fit all the way through the bigger grid they are up against the wall now so he can do this and all smaller ones.

Latest posts

Back