Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first rabbit show in a long time andthe day was crazy. The last time I went to where the show was being held I took a certain county road. Today, after we got gas in the car, we were starting from a different point then normal. So I took another county road that I was sure crossed the one the show was being held on it did. Well, what I didn't realized the county road were on was on went from being paved to unpaved. I also think the army had recently shelled the road for practice because there werelarge sized craters. These were not the normal Indiana post winter potholes.

So as I desperately dodge the holes I am hoping that when I get to the road I need to turn on it will be paved. My hopes did not materialize, this road to must had more of the same artillery craters as the other. The next few miles consisted of dodging from side to side aiming for the more shallow ones. Finally, we hit pavement again!

Normally this showruns very smoothly, normally. It was just crazy, didn't start on time, that was no big deal. There is usually a order to what breeds are judged, didn't appear to be one today. For example the Nethies are usually judged as a group, they were broken up into different groups, judged by different judges at different times.

Lionheads are usually the last to be judged. Today, it was English lops, Daisy was in her travel cage for a good portion of the day. I got her out from time to time, but after 11 hours, she was not in the mood to sit still. The judge was very understanding, as she was not the only one, but Daisy was not at her best. We got up at 5am and left for the show at 630am. It wasn't too far of a drive, but we needed get a good spot. We came home at 530pm, so it was a very long day. Put the bunny's back in their cages, cleaned up the travel cages and put them away.

When I went to put Daisy back into her cage she shot for the gap behind Sweeties cage. I was in no mood and did not have the energy to get her out, so I left her there. After I ate supper, I sat down watched tv and realized I needed to clean cages. A hour had passed since I left Daisy behind Sweeties cage, Iwalk into the rabbit room and she is still there, stretched out eyes half opened.

Karen and I only took four buns today, Titan, Daisy, Carmel and Tiny. Titan won best of breed in his variety, but he is finishing a molt, so it wasn't in the best of shape. Daisy after her long ordeal, won first, Carmel was disqualified for weight. He isn't overweight,the judge said heis larger then normal for a Lionhead. Tiny, came in second place.

No black Flemish does, I didn't expect to find one but I was hoping.

It was a very long day for Karen. My son's girlfriend was over last night and she is a sweet girl and atalker. Karen had two mystery shopper reports to do, she started them at 10:30pm and between my son's girlfriend talking to her and then he came up from the basement and talked to Karen also she didn't get them done until 330am. She went to bed right after that and got up at 530am for the show. Needless to say she did a lot of napping. In a way it was good things didn't go according to normal.

Sorry for the long post, I just looked at the time on my pc and it is very late. I have a bunch of bunny's waiting for their treat.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Karen and I only took four buns today, Titan, Daisy, Carmel and Tiny. Titan won best of breed in his variety, but he is finishing a molt, so it wasn't in the best of shape. Daisy after her long ordeal, won first, Carmel was disqualified for weight. He isn't overweight,the judge said heis larger then normal for a Lionhead. Tiny, came in second place.
Congrats on your buns' win. Now you're supposed to post pics of the candidates and their ribbons!

Thanks you.

Karen aka Wabbitmom should be congratulated fortelling me no I can't buya pair of Champaign d'Argents.

:bangheadAlso, anyone want an 18 year male, 5' 11", 160lbs,dark brownhair, computer tech? I am willing to pay for shipping!

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
What's the cost to house said kid?

Oh, let's see...incredible damage to your last good nerve...unending assault to your assumed intelligence level...new gray hairs daily...the loss of cleanliness and sanitation in the room in whichyou house him...

...and about $100 a week in groceries...

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Thanks you.

Karen aka Wabbitmom should be congratulated fortelling me no I can't buya pair of Champaign d'Argents.

:bangheadAlso, anyone want an 18 year male, 5' 11", 160lbs,dark brownhair, computer tech? I am willing to pay for shipping!
LOL!...My kinda thinkin

Hey Dave,

Long time since I've been checking in on your blog. So much has happened I see!

Congrats onthe win! Hope all is well, despite the usual workplace woes.

-Helen

First my wife owes me big time. She said my sister called and wanted to know if I would take up carpet in her living room, I was volunteered. I thought its a small trailer, living room is small, no problem. I call my sister and its two rooms and involves the moving of furniture. The only day I could do it was Friday, so my son Josh offered to help too, it was a long day at work too. So it wasn't too bad, things went ok until we did her bedroom. I am so glad I brought dust masks, oh my, the padding was down to dust in her bedroom. Got it done, asthma didn't flare up too bad so all is good.

This morning after I was rudely woken up by my neighbors car alarm, I got up, took care of the buns. I let the diva Miss Daisy out as usual and she did her thing while I filled water bottles and filled food dishes.

I had placed a barricade at the end of Sweeties cage so Daisy could no gobehind. I did that a week ago and every morning and evening she would go up to it examine it and pulled/pushed on it trying to figure out how to get around it. While I was filling up water bottles I heard a commotion and went into the bunny room to discover this:

7173_272051_040000000.jpg

She had crawled up and over it. Problem was Daisy had no idea how to get out. So I had to cut the NIC panel down to let her out. Once again Iwas defeated by the determinedness of the e-lop mind.

Oh my word Dave....she is hilarious.

I looked and looked for an e-lop today - but NO ONE had brought any to sell.

In a way that is a good thing....I don't know if I could handle BOTH Nyx and an e-lop the more I think about it.

TinysMom wrote:
Oh my word Dave....she is hilarious.

I looked and looked for an e-lop today - but NO ONE had brought any to sell.

In a way that is a good thing....I don't know if I could handle BOTH Nyx and an e-lop the more I think about it.
LOL! SO TRUE!!!!!!

Rudy, my french lop, is a very mellow guy. He loves to explore some, but loves to be cuddled and petted. He has sat with me through entire movies and he is a wonderful bun.

Tonight I went in and gave out treats as usual. Rudy hopped out of his cage and came to me and got his treat. Right after he finished his treat he flopped right on his side, a very contented bunny.

After being inspired by the House Rabbit Society, I wrote a letter to the local paper and they published it all but half of my last sentence and all of the last paragraph.

rabbits house outdoors are neglected even more and face predators.

Rabbits are wonderful companion animals and can give you lots of love and entertainment. If your child really wants a rabbit for Easter, get them a soft fluffy toy they can cuddle and carry around anyway they want to or a sweet milk chocolate one.
Here is a link to the editorial, nothing historic, but I hopefully saved a bunny from a terrible life. Do research before bringing home an Easter bunny

Back