Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wabbitmom12 wrote:
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Poor Sweetie. Her litters are so demanding.

So are mine. :p I know exactly how she feels.

:biggrin2: Kids...(and Kits)...you can't live with them, you can't abandon them by the side of the road. :humour:
:roflmao:

Tinybunand9dayoldblueflemmie7-2-09.jpg

I must say, when I saw this picture my eyes went :shock:!! Having never seen baby flemmies before, I had no idea they grew that big so quickly! That little guy is absolutely adorable...a beautiful behemoth bun!! How wonderful it must be to have those little ones in the house; it's just so exciting to see baby rabbits grow up before your eyes, and each one developing it's own unique personality.

Gorgeous, gorgeous baby! :inlove:

Thank You.

Getting ready for the 4-H Fair, turning stuff in for my daughter tomorrow at rabbit club meeting and working a part time job tomorrow night! Stop the insanity!

I am going to start carrying a camera with me when I go into the bunny room. I got home from the dentist (denture adjustment, no pain!) and checked on the herd. I looked in and a black baby flemmie was laying infront of Sweetie and she was grooming him/her.

I looked in on Velvet and her little :biggrin2:baby and he/she was snuggled up against her.

We got my daughter my daughters books and materials turned in yesterday for the 4-H fair a week from tomorrow. The next step is rabbit check in on Thursday and then the daily trek to the fair grounds to take care of both flemmie bucks and a nethie buck.

I am going to try and post some updated pictures of the flemmie baby's this weekend.

Awww! So who exactly will your daughter be showing at the fair?

She is only allowed to show 2 breeds. She is going to show Titan, black flemmie buck, Thumper, blueflemmie buck and Tiny (REW nethie).

All three have done well in shows this year, so she has a good shot. Rudy our french lop, mr mellow, he is so laid back he could easily be laying on a California or Hawaii beach saying "gnarly waves dude". He will be doing duty in the petting/instructional pen they have each year. Rudy's lfie motto is the same as Garfield the cats, Love me, Pet me, Feed me!

Tinybunand9dayoldblueflemmie7-2-09.jpg

Aww! Walrus looks like a little blue Lab puppy! And seems to be growing like one too! Very cute! :)

That sucks that your daughter has a # of breeds restriction! I'm glad we don't have that at my fair.

Emily

Yeah, I think it sucks too, but I am sure they have their reasons.

I was vacuuming the living room when I hear the doorbell. This teenage girl, 15-16 came to my door and asked me if I could help her with a contest she was in. I'm think scavenger hunt etc and she starts talking about these points she gets for someone who has had the same job for more then 5 years, been married for more then 10 years etc. If she gets so many points she wins a trip to Cancon Mexico.

Ok I'm thinking I'll help the kid out as much as I can. So I giving her answers to all these questions, then she starts talking about a charity she is raising money for and whips out a list of magazines with points she can earn. Red flag goes off in my mind and I am thinking what's the price. She won't give me an answer, evades the question, starts filling out a form. None of the magazines on her list were ones that I, my wife or kids would be interested in. I do give her a title of one I thought, I can find someone who will like this at work etc. She tries to get me to buy more, telling me my neighbors are getting 2 - 4. I am thinking, so, what do I care what my neighbors buy.

Finally, she asks me for my cell number, I give it and then she asks me to sign this form. I look at the price of the magazine subscription and its $56.00!:shock: I said are you serious and she starts asking me for a check! Telling me that it will take 2 weeks to process etc., I tell her I am sorry, but I am not paying $56 dollars for a single magazine subscription, if I am spending $56 bucks its going to be for grocery's or bills.

I hand her magazine info back to her and tell her I am sorry, but I am not going to be able to help you with your contest and went back inside the house. I went to empty the vacuum container in the large trash can (was filling up with dog/cat/rabbit hair almost immediately every time I turned it on) and her cell phone and some magazine info was on my porch. I thought at first, she discovered she lost them and retrace her steps. Then I thought with all the territory she is probably covering she won't remember. So I looked down the street didn't see her, so I got in my car and drove down the street, l happened to see her go into a house and stopped and walked up to give her her cell phone and magazine info back.

If I knew that was all going to happen when I answered the door I would have just kept on vacuuming and pretended I didn't hear the doorbell.

We have black flemish Houdini's! I just went into the bunny room to put away the blue flemmie and two of the three black flemmies were darting around the room.:)

Well the buns are set for food for awhile! A couple of weeks ago, I bought a bale of grass hay from the feed store I get my rabbit food from and have it stuffed in a garbage can (specifically bought for it) a tub I keep in the bunny room for hay and a box out in the hallway.

Today I went to get more rabbit food (amazing what 2 flemmie moms and 4 kits can eat!) at the feed store. They have a program for every nine 50 pound bags you buy the tenth one is free. We actually filled it the last time we got food but they didn't fill in our card while we were there.

So I paid for the bag of food and asked them how we were at on filling in the card. She looked up our info and said actually you filled it up last time, so just tell the guy at the barn to give you two bags. The one I bought today goes toward our new card. Now I have 100 pounds of rabbit food and lots of hay.

I took some pictures of the blue bun today and I will get some of the black ones Sunday and post them. They are getting so big! I love those big baby flemish ears! I reached down to give pets to one and another comes out and shoves it head on top of the one I was petting and then the last one comes out and does the same thing.

The blue bun is starting to grow into the well fed body of her/him and is doing baby bunny binkies and hopping around. Wednesday night he was hopping around the bunny room and I literally turned my back only for a second and could not find the little stinker. She/he finally comes out from behind a cage in the corner, she/he was so far behind it or underneathit I could not see it. No more unsupervised play time for that one.

Sweetie as always is beinga great mom and Velvet is a very very protective of her little one. She grunts and snorts when we try and pick it up and if she does not want us to touch it she charges at us. Now, a 20 pound rabbit grunting, snorting and charging at me causes me to back off. I like having five fingers on each hand and I swear she understands what I am saying when I try and distract her with a craisin or banana chip.

Well time to hand out treats and watch some tv in peace and quiet. Karen, I and my son Josh were at my sister in laws house playing Mexican dominoes. Its similar to regular dominoes, but the dots are colored and have 21 dots all the way down to one. Takes a long time to play but its a lot of fun. They are still there and I came home like a good bunny slave to tend to the wishes of the herd.

Pics?

JadeIcing wrote:
:whistlingI er, ahh, well..I FORGOT! I just told my lovely, darling wife (is she still looking over my shoulder?) we need to get some more with Tiny, REW Nethie and the black and blue flemmie baby's.

JadeIcing wrote:

Here are the pictures finally!

Meet Mr. Houdini

6weekoldblackflemmie7-16-09.jpg

Mr. Tiny checking out a 6 week old black flemmie for hidden craisins.

6weekoldblackflemmieandTiny7-15-09.jpg

Black flemmie groomin Mr. Tiny.

6weekoldblackflemmiegroominTiny7-16.jpg

Group photo!

6weekoldblackflemmiesandtiny7-15-09.jpg

One of Mr. Tiny our comparison model.

Tiny7-15-09.jpg

Tiny and flemmies.

Tinyand6weekoldblackflemmies7-15-09.jpg

Got to have a bunny butt picture.

Tinyandblackflemmiebutts7-15-09.jpg

Tiny and baby blue flemmie.

babyblueflemmiewithTiny7-15-09.jpg

Baby blue and a baby black flemmie.

blackandbluebabyflemmies7-15-09.jpg

Here is one of the baby blue flemmie snoozing on Karen last night. It seems all this little guy/girl wants to do is snooze.

snoozingbabybluebunny071609.jpg

Last night was check in at the fair, Mr. Tiny, Titan and Thumper are now letting the public gaze at their adorableness. Looks like there won't be too many blue and black flemish at the fair so Titan and Thumper will get lots of adoring fans.

I haven't read your blog for ages, and I think it's lovely! your buns are gorgeous.

I was looking at your most recent update and realised I'm sitting here with a ridiculous grin on my face :D

So adorable. It's so sweet that they like Tiny. I got to hold a baby nethie at the fair yesterday and it was the highlight of this month, at least. You're so lucky!

Our 4-H county fair started yesterday. We checked in the rabbits on Thursday night and Thumper (blue flemmie) was not happy and I got the bunny back from him. At least his cage is right next to Titan so they can keep each other company. Poor Mr. Tiny is on an end row by no one he knows. Although he will be adored by hundreds.;)

I did bring some of their toys and stuff to make them feel at home as much as possible.

I will get to adore all the bunnys in the rabbit barn tonight as I am spending the night there to make sure the rabbits don't get messed with and the place vandalized. At least the fair weather isn't going to be too hot, last year it was blistering!

Have fun. Don't bring any extra bunnies home. Thanks for the pictures.

Latest posts

Back