Virginia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
secuono wrote:
I am looking for a female rabbit, under 8lbs baby for my other bunny Daisy. We just lost our girl Fluff and need a friend asap. We are in zip 22407, willing to travel 35 miles for her!
Ok I'm totally confused. I thought you didn't have $$ to get Daisy a new cage? Then you have a post your trying to sell her with her tiny cage. Now your looking at getting Daisy a friend??? I would get a bigger cage first before you go shopping for a new bunny. JMO
Gawd, not this again.
This is an OLD post.
I no longer need it.
So, MODERATOR, DELETE MY POSTS ON HERE!

Hi, Holly. I have seen you at shows before. ^^;; How is Spot doing? :D

I am from VA! :D I guess I should introduce my bunnies.

I breed dutch on a super small scale. I am showing my first dutch I bred myself this Saturday (a tort buck named Boudreaux). I have a male black dutch (Jethro) and a female tort dutch (Autumn). Boudreaux is her son and is fathered by a stud from Charlottesville. I am excited to see how he does. :)

I have five fixed bucks who live in a group -- Bilal is a black tan, Walter is a black Himalayan, Maslow is a chestnut Brittania Petite, Joe is an otter Brittania Petite, and Bandura is a black English Spot.

Moro Ferret wrote:
Hi, Holly. I have seen you at shows before. ^^;; How is Spot doing? :D

I am from VA! :D I guess I should introduce my bunnies.
Well hey there, long time no see! Spottie is doing good, he now has a spayed mini lop girlfriend I adopted from my high school vet class this summer. :) They're a cute couple, if I do say so myself. How's that cute tan of yours?

Just an FYI for all the Virginia folks- The Richmond Rabbit Breeders Association (my own local breeder's club!) will be hosting their December show this coming Saturday! It's a new location this year at the Meadow Event Park in Doswell (where the State Fair is held). The new venue is bigger, indoors, and best of all, heated! I'll be helping out at the secretary table that day plus showing one of my English Lops for fun. :)

Those planning on showing, the judging starts at 9AM (as someone who has to deal with entry paper work, pleasepleaseplease note that Day of Show entries are due by 8AM... we'd really like to be able to start the show on time this year), but any pet people who want to come out to look at the bunnies for fun can show up anytime. For more information on the show, you can visit the RichmondRBA's website here, or you're welcome to PM me with any questions. :)

I will see you at the show! I'm glad you're doing well and that's awesome about Spot having a girlfriend. :D And Ohmygosh -- I am so glad you mentioned the show was at a new location! I wouldn't have bothered to look into that. If there is more room maybe I will bring my fixed boys to get them out of the house for a bit.

Bilal, my tan, is doing great! He's a big baby, and never starts squabbles with his companions (which I appreciate, sometimes Walter and Bandura start trouble and it's annoying). He's bursting with personality, and I love him so much. My English spot (Bandura) is doing well too. He's slightly moody, but he's a big momma's boy and a scaredy cat. When he gets upset he comes bounding over into my lap. It's cute :)

I need to get my entry rabbit, Boudreaux, an ear tattoo. I have been so busy with college I haven't dealt with that yet...I haven't shown enough to bother with buying a tattooing kit. I guess I should invest in that pretty soon!

Denise, if you want, I could tattoo Boudreaux for you at the show (I have a pen style tattoo, not the clamp). What breed is he?

Glad your boys are doing well! I'm looking forward to seeing Bilal or Bandura if they end up coming along.

I've been trying to get the world out about the new location since so many of our long-time show comers are so used to going out to Aylett for the show. The club is very excited about the new venue! (I am too! No more shivering at the secretary's table!)

I know, I really hated the cold when I went to the show in the past. I'm excited about the heat.

THANKS! I would love his ear done. ^^ That would mean the world to me. I so appreciate it! :D

I can help -- I have a couple friends that I will alert about the new venue, just to make sure they come to the right place! Someone should put up a sign at the firehouse so that people who do end up there know where to go from there.

No problem! I won't be able to tattoo until after we get all the beginning entry paperwork done, but I should definitely be able to get him done before he goes up on the table.

Aylett is fairly far out of the way for most of our club members, so I'm not sure if any of them will be able to make it to the firehouse to put up signs (I haven't been to a club meeting in a while due to living at school without a car, so I'm not sure about a lot of things...), but I definitely appreciate you spreading the word to friends!

We raise meat rabbits in Winchester. We have NZ, an Am. Chin and Silver Foxes. We'd like to breed the Silver Foxes for sale to other breeders and for show. Our Silver Foxes carry chocolate.

I am in VA! I have a ton of buns. I work in a pet store and usually take everyone's unwanted bunnies to keep them from being let go. If I don't keep them I find them homes. I also breed Holland lops and lion lops.

I am also in VA. I have Mojo and Puma. They are bonded brothers that I rescued this summer as part of the "Bunderground Railroad" mission that you may have read about on here. They haven't even been here a month, but I am totally in love!

I guess I should rephrase the ton of buns LOL. I just read a post about a lady that had 100 bunnies. I only have 15, and I say that's a ton. Everyone is seaparted into same sex pairs and and a couple of loners because they fight with everyone else. Breeding is planned and scheduled around this zoo. Like I said I work in a pet store and have been there for 7 years and before that I worked in a vets office.

Hello! Also in Virginia...Colonial Heights about 20 miles south of Richmond. I have two of the Bunderground Bunnies, also!!! Halo and Harvey are their new names:) They're bonded and doing great. Glad to know there are more of us here than I realized.

There's a desparate need for rabbit saavy vets, consciousness raising about house rabbits and rabbit rescue services in Colonial Heights. There's one vet in Richmond that's listed on this site, Dr. Kittering (sp? I think). I'm thinking of trying him.

Glad to see your posts:)
:brownbunny:heartbeat::brownbunny

I know it's a bit of a haul, but Drs Piske & Sparkman at Colony Vet in Newport News are excellent with "small animals."

I am in Prince George and have Thumper, a Flemish giant buck. I still haven't found a rabbit savy vet nearby but do have a place I will be calling soon.

Latest posts

Back