Virginia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOH Me! I'm in Richmond Virginia and I have an english angora I definitely need more angora friends, because I have none. I'm trying to get a spinning guild. I have questions on whether plucking is best or just brushing to harvest wool. :) I have lots of questions.

Last edited:
I fell into this thread from a completely different search. If you're still looking for a spinning guild in Richmond, VA, Clotho's Spinners seems to be active: https://sites.google.com/site/clothoshandspinners/

I found it by using the search string "spinning guild Richmond VA"--there were many hits, but most of them returned to this same guild.

I don't know any other towns near Richmond (except Williamsburg), so I can't advise you on other guilds, but the results of the search may be helpful, depending on where in/near Richmond you live.

Some English Angora family lines are still pluck-able; some, esp. on the West Coast, must be "sheared"--cut, usually with scissors. The actual fiber/wool is harvested from either plucking or shearing, depending on the family line of your own EA.

HTH.

I have 8 rescues. I do not breed or show (far too many bunnies in rescues) I just try and save bunnies. For me rabbits are the best ever. They are my favorite family members. I have no children but I am married. I would choose my bunnies over my husband. Where I live rabbits are considered "livestock" so for me I'm the crazy bunny lady. I get lots of weird looks and get into many "heated" discussions about rabbits and how they should be treated where I live. I will always help rabbits whenever I can and will never buy a rabbit. I also will always have house rabbits till the day I leave this earth. :happyrabbit::happyrabbit:

Along with my male flemmie Thumper, I now have two bonded females named Laverne and Shirley. My neighbor asked if we wanted them. If not he was going to let them loose so of course I took them. All are house buns.

Crater Road veterinary hospital in Petersburg, Va may be a good option for buns. I haven't taken my buns there but did take my dog and cats. I do like them a lot. They are active in wildlife rescue so one of the vets may have some experience with rabbits at least through that.

I did go to the Aylett show! They need a new building, so PACKED!! I'm in Richmond, I have an angora and I'm looking to learn how to spin. I absolutely LOVE english lops!!!!
I am breeding my doe in April. I would like to keep one of her babies so I can have a different color wool, preferably black. My doe is a brown torte.
Also I need some advice about training my doe to use a litter box. Is it too late, she's 9 months old. Is it hard to have a house rabbit running around your house? Don't they chew up everything? Mine stays in her cage in my house and then I let her out to play at night.
Thank you for replying to my post. :)

Last edited:
I did go to the Aylett show! They need a new building, so PACKED!! I'm in Richmond, I have an angora and I'm looking to learn how to spin. I absolutely LOVE english lops!!!!
I am breeding my doe in April. I would like to keep one of her babies so I can have a different color wool, preferably black. My doe is a brown torte.
Also I need some advice about training my doe to use a litter box. Is it too late, she's 9 months old. Is it hard to have a house rabbit running around your house? Don't they chew up everything? Mine stays in her cage in my house and then I let her out to play at night.
Thank you for replying to my post. :)

I don't come here often, but wanted to say hi. I raise angoras and spin down in Newport News. I was also at the Aylett show- my giant took second in jr class.

My hybrid doe is free range during the day. She's really good about using the litter box or returning to her cage to pee, but they have less control over poops. If she pees on the floor, use paper towels to clean it up and put it in the litter box to help her get the idea.
As for chewing, you have to protect your electrical cords, mine will chomp thru a dangling cord in a heartbeat. She also has a thing for books.
She is not allowed out overnight or if we aren't home. My bucks get limited playtime out.

Hi we live in Ashland :) my bun isn't an angora so it's too bad I can't spin wool from his hair. Nice to meet y'all

I'd love to see one! I've never been to a rabbit show.

Latest posts

Back