Velveteen Lop Babies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word of mouth! I used to sell like that in NY too, my co workers(in NY) gave me the nickname Bunny, because they used to hear about my baby bunnies, some used to raise them(Like Connie used to raise Dutch, so she'd love hearing about them) My co-workers now have started to call me Bunny too, since they found out I don't respond to my name(cause of the first job!) but I look up at Bunny. I sold two because someone found my website- the VA two!

Blaze_Amita wrote:
Word of mouth! I used to sell like that in NY too, my co workers(in NY) gave me the nickname Bunny, because they used to hear about my baby bunnies, some used to raise them(Like Connie used to raise Dutch, so she'd love hearing about them) My co-workers now have started to call me Bunny too, since they found out I don't respond to my name(cause of the first job!) but I look up at Bunny. I sold two because someone found my website- the VA two!

Ahh nice! :) Haha. I sold one of my does from my litter last year to a breeder, who then sold her to another breeder (whom I don't know) so maybe if that new breeder likes her, she will come to me for another! haha.

I am making flyers right now to take to ALL of my local feed stores, tack shops, farm stores, pet stores, etc. in hopes that I can get a wider base of buyers in my area since I know not everyone goes on Craigslist. I'm also going to try Kiji or whatever it is... hopefully that will work too. I'm hoping that the flyers will generate so much interest that I will have a long waiting list :)

Emily

it also depends on the breed. I know where Red Thunder Rabbits lives, there is a very high demand for holland lops, but almost no demand for mini rex or dutch. Aunt CIndy(also in NY) has a high demand for her English Spots.
Well for an update, I had to wean out a few of the babies, half of them are now weaned, a bit earlier than i wanted because mommy started to chew on their ears.

I will have more pictures this weekend! I just have to get them online.

P4230048.JPG

That's Sophie with Ivy(4.5 week old Dorper lamb) their ears are sooo big

Ohh! I want! Is there any possible way I could get a doe from you, then get a buck from another litter? I would loveee to have a pair of these guys!

well i have a bro/sis pair coming in from VA in a month, when they are old enough, i'm going to prove out the new buck with Shelly(the mommy this time around) and the little girl with my present buck(daddy of these babies) and the new buck with my little baby girl that i kept so I'll have a pair that are unrelated at some point in time. . . i've got quite a few people that want some now, I just want to give mom a little time off.

P5020013.jpg

This is Samantha's little Girl. She's got good head and ears.

P5020005.jpg

This is Rachel's little boy(Red Thunder Rabbits)

P5020007.jpg

This is Cindy's little girl- also bound for NY with the bluetort

P5020008.jpg

Little boy bound for Virgina
P5020004.jpg

The little girl bound for Virgina with her brother. The last two I have already moved to a different type of cage so they can get used to them.

SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!! I need one. I don't just want one, I need one. I have wanted an Velveteen since I first hear about the breed. I've only seen a couple in person. Hmmmm.....heading to Vegas in August, KY would be a little out of the way, and I'm flying, but they wouldn't notice a rabbit on the plane, no, definitely not...and you wouldn't miss one of yours... So that would make my trip Las Vegas via Los Angelas via where in KY??? Oh, I could figure it out, but I wonder how much it would cost to change my flight? Somehow I think a Velveteen Lop would be worth it.

;)

Jen

hahahahaha. never get past the farm dogs! lol That and I don't have any more babies available!! I should be breeding again in 6 months, 2 different does(my broken black and my broken blue tort) so check back in 8 months or so and I should have more babies available.
Also if you want one sooner, try checking out Purple Thistle Rabbitry on webs, she has some babies, not sure how many are not sold yet.

Latest posts

Back