URGENT (resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back from the vet. Doctor said that Mommy has not been producing enough milk. Some of her nipples are probably not giving out milk. Even when she does, the babies are all always fighting and competing for milk. He gave me diluted glucose water to syringe in every baby half ml every 4 hours and hay powder to feed the babies like paste.

I have already fed the 4 babies. They all look ok and kinda of hyper. But little Bobby still does look weak. Wat if I syringe him more than 1 ml? Bobby was eating when I fed him the paste.

It's going to take him a bit more time to bounce back since he was already weak. You don't want to overfeed him. I'd stick to what the vet told you to do. It's just going to take him a bit longer than the others.

The babies will generally turn away from the syringe when full.

I'd also give mom a little shredded carrots and a few dark leafy greens.

However, at 4 weeks of age, the doe is generally producing less milk and the babies are eating more on their own. The doe not producing enough milk should not be an issue at this point. I'd cut down a little on the hay so the babies are receiving more nutrition from pellets and a little bit of greens, tiny amount of shredded carrots and some steam rolled oats. While hay does provide fiber, it does not provide adequate nutrients to be the staple of the bunny's diets.

Pam

Babies are all fine. THey are healthy and hyper again.

However, my folks got too impatient with all the rabbits. THe next thing I knew, I couldnt argue anymore with him. THe babies are all gone. My dad had sent them all to my stepmom's relative since they have been keeping rabbits and have lots of rabbits. I totally have no say at all. :( I dont have anymore bunnies anymore. :(

I am just so used to handling the rabbits every morning and evening. Suddenly last night I just had nothing to do. I didnt argue much with dad. I didnt want to look like some looser feeling sad and crying when my dad took them all away. It was only later at night when I was suppose to go to bed that I cried my hearts out. :(

At least now I know, the rabbits are all having more freedom. My brother went with my dad. He said ... the adopter was really happy to see mommy and kits and Coco. He also have another 10 other rabbits. And his also a breeder. I hope they are all fine. Oh gosh ... miss them ...

Oh, Tasha, I'm so sorry. It must be very hard for you right now. I always loved reading about Mommy, and you were such a good caretaker.:tears2:

I'm so sorry. I hope that your parents will reconsider and you can get the mom back once the kits are weaned, or maybe a male rabbit (so no more babies). You're a good rabbit parent. Perhaps when you have a place of your own you can have as many bunnies as you can care for. :(

I just had a dream. I dreamt Mommy came back home herself.I woke up missing her so much. I miss holding her. My folks wont reconsider. One thing for sure, I will have bunnies when I have a place of my own. But I wont have mommy back.
:( Now I have nothing much to do in here. :(

Latest posts

Back