URGENT RESCUE: Columbus, OH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jessica - have you been in tough with Haley to see if she is able to help with any of her contacts? I just know this can be pulled off - helping 8 bunnies at once would be a major accomplishment.

Oh you guys Im so sorry I havent been able to help with this yet. I got back late Sunday and had a sick bunny dumped on me. Then I get sick myself Monday and I have a huge presentation due for class tomorrow. I honestly cant even look at things on this until Thursday.

If anyone has time, this is what I usually do:

Click on the state under your avatar to bring up the RO map. Then go into the state where youneed transport. Open a new window PM and copy/paste all the members in that state into a PM asking for help with a transport.

Then, go into our rescue list here on the forum and find the email address/contact info for any rabbit rescues in the state where you need transport. Send a nice friendly email to any rescues in that state telling them what you are doing and asking if they know any volunteers who might help.

Patti, if you can go to the Bunderground Frappr map look to see if theres anyone listed in that area-although I dont think there is :-(

I had trouble moving Winston and Vega from St. Louis to Indianapolis, which is why we decided to run them through Peoria and then up to Chicago.

I think one person in Indianapolis had contacted me but it was too late, let me check for her email address.

Again, Im so sorry. Im just so overwhelmed right now :(

I found the email address for the lady who offered to help before. I hope and pray shes in Indianpolis, but I cant remember for sure. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

So we're set to get the bunnies to Indianapolis, we just need to move them west to St. Louis?

YEP! It's only about 5 or so hours from Indianapolis....so close, but not at the same time. Extremely frustrating. :(

The Indiana HRS sent an e-mail to all of the people on their mailing list about the transport - I'm hoping I hear back from someone there..... I also e-mailed the IL and MO HRS but I have not heard back.

Haley wrote:
So we're set to get the bunnies to Indianapolis, we just need to move them west to St. Louis?

Sorry if I missed this above, but Leaf can you drive East of St. Louis at all? That way if we can find a driver around Indianapolis maybe they would only have to drive a few hours..

I can take them to Terre Haute if I know when. We won't have many plans this weekend, but I'd like to know a day or two in advance.

I had no clue we had a map here LOL!

Pennie that would be WONDERFUL if you could do that!!!!!

We have a pickup in St. Louis.....Teresa, who is also bringing Jessica (Leaf) a special needs poodle, said she could pickup there. I will ask how far east she would be willing to drive.

Pennie, the day we're shooting for this time is this Saturday (10/20). I'd like to get things going by 9 or 10am at the latest....it's roughly a 2 hour drive from Columbus to Indianapolis....so you would probably be needed at about noon or 1pm.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I can take them to Terre Haute if I know when. We won't have many plans this weekend, but I'd like to know a day or two in advance.

I had no clue we had a map here LOL!

I am correct that these are the only two legs that need filling:

Terre Haute, IN to Effingham, IL
(70.2mi.....1hr, 13min)
NEEDED

Effingham, IL to St. Louis, MO
(102mi....1hr, 44min)
NEEDED

We're so close!!! I checked Bunderground and there are no members in that area.:(

I think that's all. If I could, I would take them all the way, but I can't right now.

There is a breeder listed in our member list from terre haute, but I don't know that they would help since they aren't active...

Is there anyone who lives near effingham that might go to Terre Haute to meet me then back to Effingham? then we could have someone go there to get the bunny? EIther way the person on that leg has to go 2 ways.

Jazzaroosky wrote:
Pennie that would be WONDERFUL if you could do that!!!!!

We have a pickup in St. Louis.....Teresa, who is also bringing Jessica (Leaf) a special needs poodle, said she could pickup there. I will ask how far east she would be willing to drive.

Pennie, the day we're shooting for this time is this Saturday (10/20). I'd like to get things going by 9 or 10am at the latest....it's roughly a 2 hour drive from Columbus to Indianapolis....so you would probably be needed at about noon or 1pm.
That would work fine :)

That's my birthday! Hmmmm - I could tell hubby they are my birthday present from friends LOL! Want to see a 45 year old man faint? heehee.

Let me know so I can pack up crates and stuff for them. My poor dog won't know what to do! Her bed/house will be gone for a bit LOL! She loves her crate and sleeps in it so we've always just left it in the house. It's HUGE so it will be fine for a couple of big bunnies! I think I have another one and I can find a third. We'll get there...

Ive emailed everyone I know and no luck yet. :(

Has anyone tried checking Pettransportgroup @ yahoogroups.com ? Someone told me thats a good place to check. I dont have time to sign up right now..

Is anyone on the Pet Bunny list? It has a lot of members, and that's where I found someone in Indiana to help transport a bun (northern WI to CT, she went from Milwaukee to Indianapolis). Unfortunately I don't have her contact info any more and I'm not on the list anymore either.

Anyone contact the Indiana HRS? It looks like some of their members are helping out with a large confiscation in KY, maybe someone that is traveling for that anyway can help?

I contacted the Chicago/IL, IN, and MO HRS....MO HRS recommended I contact Bunderground, the IN HRS sent an e-mail to their mailing list regarding the situation, and I never heard anything from the Chicago HRS.

I contacted Hare Helpers....located near Terre Haute....hopefully I will hear from them soon.

This is getting to be truly maddening..... I COULD take all 6 remaining rabbits to the local shelter who said they'd be able to take them....but I REALLY do not want to do that because it is a kill shelter and there are 3 families willing to give great homes to 4 of these bunnies.....the fewer that go to the shelter, the lesser the chance of something like euthanasia being the result for these rabbits.

Just joined a ton of Yahoo pet transport groups and posted to the ones that don't need moderator membership approval before I can do that.....

I just want this to work out.... :cry2

Latest posts

Back