Trying to Determine My Bunnies Breeds

Discussion in 'General Rabbit Discussion' started by Jaimee, Aug 25, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Aug 25, 2019 #1

Jaimee

Jaimee

Jaimee

These are my two beautiful babies, Crumpet (brown) and Ari (red/brown). We know they are 6 and 5 months old respectively and that they are both girls but I'm unsure of their breed.

Obviously it is clear that Crumpet is at least part lop, I was told she was a mini lop/netherland dwarf cross but I'm unsure given her size is more average than dwarf.

Ari's breed is completely unknown to me, I can spend all day googling and guessing (which I have done many times) but I'm just not experienced enough to know for sure, I was also told she was some form of dwarf cross.

Can anyone out there offer some advice as to what breeds or cross breeds these gorgeous bunnies may be? I don't have a preference, they will continue to be my fur babies no matter their breed, but it would be good to know just to appease my own curiosity. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

These are the photos I have that best showcase their colouring, size, features and cuteness!

2. Aug 25, 2019 #2

Preitler

Preitler

Preitler

Loony bunny guy Supporting Member

About that dwarf heritage, well, it's possible. In true dwarfs you have one dwarf gene (out of 2, when both alleles are dwarf that's deadly), if bred to something else you'll get 50% kits without that gene, and they become bigger than true dwarfs. But even without that gene those breeds are rather small (compared to my 10lbs cable shredders).

It's not really easy to point out breeds when they are crosses (so they've got the best from each part :D, all my rabbits are mutts), and I have no clue when it comes to pet breeds.

3. Aug 28, 2019 #3

Augustus&HazelGrace

Augustus&HazelGrace

Augustus&HazelGrace

The lop looks like mostly mini lop I don't see any Netherland dwarf in her at all. As for Ari, she looks like a Cinnamon mix with something smaller, maybe mini rex because she does have some mini rex features.