Trixie's Travels - **She's HERE!!!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rosie...any word on when Trixie will becoming now? I'll keep watching the thread (just got on ittoday...was wondering how things were going with Trixie).We'll be praying while she's enroute!

Btw, we're homeschoolers, too. What ages are yourchildren? We have three "children"....our oldest is 22 and asenior at Penn State, and our oldest son is 18....the only one we'rehomeschooling now is our 14 year old son, John. He's ourbunny lover, and the "bunny whisperer."

Well, I haven't yet called today, but yesterdaywhen I called, there were still weather restrictions. I'llcall in a minute, but when I talked to Denise yesterday, she mentionedthat it was supposed to snow there this weekend. :(

As far as my daughter, she's six...and is simply wonderful!:) I love homeschooling her, though there are times whereit's obviously challenging. When she feels she cannot dosomething, it becomes quite a block to her learning it...so I'm tryingto figure out how to change things up a bit to go aroundthat. She's having a hard time in math. Thefrustrating thing is that I can see she gets it...she just doesn'trealize it, really, so she assumes when she sees something, it's toohard, and she just won't understand/be able to learn how to do it.

She can easily do two-digit math (not carrying quite yet...that'snext), and is a really great problem-solver in math...but she sees aproblem on the board, and basically panics a bit. So, I brokeout the many dice I have, and we did some math that way (adding up whatshe rolled), and she did PHENOMINALLY!!

It's just helping out her confidence, really. :)

Anyway, hopefully there'll be a break in the weather for next weekend...:pleaseplease:

We are right with you hoping and praying.

Aww...thanks!

Poor Trixie is in this little starter cage. And, though shedoes have a run, and a whole room to play in, Denise said she's gettingso upset being so holed up without her palace...

I feel horrible. Every day that goes by, I feel worse for her. I know it's got to be frustrating...

I hope everyday anew that this is the day we get clearance for the weekend...:)

Oh, by the way, guys...Denise says hello and sorry she hasn't beenon. She started a new job Monday, and has really been havinga tough time of it with that combined with her still-going insanemorning sickness. :( She says she'll try to comeonline to say hello to everyone soon. :)

My house alone you have 2 humans, 7 rabbits, 1 wanabe rabbit, 2 lizards and 3 fish rooting for you guys.

Tell her we hope she feels better real soon.

I'll tell her...thank you! She'scounting the days...she started her second trimester recently, but themorning sickness is still sticking around, which she was really sadabout. Hopefully it'll wane soon...

Thank you for all the rootin'!! :D

It stinks to have that box with her cage stuff in it sitting behind me...but with no bunny. :(

Put a stuffed one in there. :bunnydance:A friend for when she first gets there.

Keeping paws and fingers crossed here at theGordon household.....will keep praying that the weather breaks.....it'ssupposed to be COLD here in the east this weekend....in central PA, thehigh on Friday is a whopping 16 degrees! Tell Denise to keepeating those saltines, btw! It must be a boy....no girl wouldgive another woman that much trouble;)! Take care.....we'rethinking about y'all.

OOH!! Good idea!!

Though, wait...Denise said she humps her stuffies...is it still okay togive her one? Will I have to wash it regularly to keepit...er...clean (ew..sorry)? Or is that only a boy thing...?

I think she'd love a stuffy buddy...:) (Well, maybe not quitein the same way Flower loves them, haha, but she loves them just thesame!)

JadeIcing wrote:
Put a stuffed one inthere. :bunnydance:A friend for when she first getsthere.

I wash my guys every so often. Connor uses his. To take out his "frustration". :shock:

Okay, cool...stuffy friend it is!! :D

Great idea! Thank you! :)

I make a big production when I get a rabbit ofbuying them a rabbit of there own and presenting it to them. I amsilly. Need to find one for Elvis.

Haha...that's what I'll do, too...:D

:bunnydance:Yay I feel happy.

maherwoman wrote:
Hmm...I'm not sure what they feel could be classified asexcitement...since I've been getting disapproving looks-galore sinceeven THINKING of flying Trixie here...hehe!

But, yes, hopefully they all wind up loving each other! :D

Oh yes, adding that 3rd rabbit always makes the first two change a bit!They either love it, and like you less because they now have somethingbetter to think about, or hate them and then hate you for bringing 'em:D

BunBun HATES my new boy Leo, but Lucky is very friendly and she isdying to go and make friends with him. I'd like to let them greeteachother but then she would smell like Leo, and BunBun would attackher :shock:.

I just called...still weatherrestrictions. I'm wondering if maybe we should set up to havesomeone drive her to another state (obviously closeby, and one thatdoesn't have weather restrictions currently), and then fly her fromthere?

Any ideas?

I am in CT. We have Bradley airport out of hartford.

Is it snowing there? What are the temps like?

P.S. I think you're really sweet for mentioning it...:)

No snow at all. Actually I am mad about that.The temp goes up and down but right now at 6pm its 36. Only time itgets real cold is late lateat night and early morning.

P.s. Anytime

Hmm...so if I were able to find transport forher from NY to you...would you be willing to give her kisses and puther on a plane to me? (Obviously Denise and I would figureout compensation for all involved, and include the money for theticket, what to do for this, etc.)

Latest posts

Back