Trixie's Travels - **She's HERE!!!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haley wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
And, yes,Missyscove...it's so dang cold here!! :(
HAHAHA. Cold, you say?? Weather channel says it "feels like" 3 degrees here in MI!

Ahem, I have to wear a skirt to school every day, bare legs =cold. We got special permission to wear sweatpants this weekthough, yay. Now I feel like I've hijacked the thread,perhaps it's time for an off topic one...

Rosie, this is an awesome post - you have done so much research to make things easier for anyone in a similar situation.

When John and I eventually emigrate to Canada this will be so useful - thank you!

What a bummer having to wait the extra time for little Trixie to arrive- but better safe than sorry. Not only will you have no nails left,your knuckles will be taking a beating too :D

Jan

Things still on for Saturday?

Ouch for the shipping costs...I think I pay $85or so when I have rabbits shipped to San Antonio. Most of the breedersI know use a different airline though so that is probably why.

I will say this. I've had four shipments I think of rabbits shipped into either myself or a friend in Houston - and I've had two shipments ofrabbits that made the trip several hundred or thousand miles by car.

The ones that travelled by plane were less stressed when they made ithere than the ones who travelled by car. Their trip only took one dayand they were in their new home. They adapted just fine and I never sawany signs of stress.

The ones that travelled in the car? Well...we had a few issues but everything was ok..

So I think you guys are doing the right thing sending Trixie this way and I'm so happy for you both.

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Ouch for the shipping costs...I think I pay $85 or so when Ihave rabbits shipped to San Antonio. Most of the breeders I know use adifferent airline though so that is probably why.
Seeing as this is going in the Resource Center, if Rosie doesn't mind,if anybody can quote other other airlines and prices (and experiences),that would be great :)

sas:)

Oh, that would be absolutely GREAT!! Any additional information would be such a gem!!

And TinysMom mentioned to me in a PM that she thought she'd learnedfrom someone somewhere that United wasn't the best airline forthis. She's reaffirming her information, and I'll add it tothis when I receive it.

But, YES, if anyone has ANYTHING to add that has had experience withshipping buns (or any animals, really) via plane...please feelabsolutely free to add information from your experience here!:D

You can never have too much data when a bun's life is at stake!! :)

Pipp wrote:
TinysMomwrote:
Ouch for the shipping costs...I think I pay $85 or sowhen I have rabbits shipped to San Antonio. Most of the breeders I knowuse a different airline though so that is probably why.
Seeing as this is going in the Resource Center, if Rosie doesn't mind,if anybody can quote other other airlines and prices (and experiences),that would be great :)

sas:)

Nope...unfortunately, the weather is just too cold for tomorrow to still be on. :(

But we'll be trying for next weekend, and it sounds like we might beled to a better airline anyway, so it might be for the good of allinvolved. :)

I do expect her cage to arrive any day though, and I'm so excited toput it all together and have it waiting for her! This way mygirls will smell her and her things before she even arrives!:)

JadeIcing wrote:
Things still on for Saturday?

Oh WONDERFUL!! I'm so glad this ishelping people! It's pretty much what I was hoping when I putit together, since I felt like I was kinda goin' at this blind, hehe!

YES...the extra time is killin' me! BUT...all the better sowe know things are fully set up and ready, and there aren't anylast-minute things that didn't get handled in time, or some such.

And yes, my knuckles will take a beating, if only when re-building hercage! Haha...my hands really take a beating building theseNIC cages, and I haven't quite figured out how...:dunno:

LuvaBun wrote:
Rosie, this is an awesomepost - you have done so much research to make things easier for anyonein a similar situation.

When John and I eventually emigrate to Canada this will be so useful - thank you!

What a bummer having to wait the extra time for little Trixie to arrive- but better safe than sorry. Not only will you have no nails left,your knuckles will be taking a beating too :D

Jan

:pray:You know I'm sending prayers and good thoughts that this all goes well, AND...

.....SOON!!!!!!!!!:pullhair:

~Jim

Don't forget to take pics in all of the excitment;)

Oh, I hope things can go ahead next weekend!!!:elephant:

Yes pictures defintiely of when you get her cage all set up:D

Thank you so much for your good vibes and yourprayers, guys. They're much appreciated. I know theday she's flying over, I'll be all in knots worrying about her in herflight and if she's okay, etc. :?

And yes, I hope it's SOOON!!!!!

I really hope it's nextweekend...I would hate to have to wait until March after all thisplanning and getting things ready for NOW, ya know?

I have high hopes, though!!! :D

Oh, and don't worry, my husband will most definitely have the camera going when I pick her up! :)

What a cool thread! Great idea maherwoman :bunnydance:

One question I would have had for the airline would be about othertypes of animals attending the filght and how much space is usually putbetween them? Such as, if there is going to be dogs, would the rabbitbe spaced far away enough to not get too frightened?

I hope you get your new baby soon, and don't forget we need pictures! Ihardly ever see pictures of your girls on here anymore :nonono:

Hehe...I was hoping nobody would notice that...:embarrassed:

We did now wheres the pics?

I'm workin' on it...I PROMISE!! :D

I've got so much going on...trying to adjust to being a mod, getting ahouse ready for a fifth animal, homeschooling (which I'm stilladjusting to), etc. Hehe...I'm a busy lady lately!

But, as soon as things tame down...I promise pictures!!(Heck, we've got I think half a roll with pictures...so it's not gonnabe that difficult to do...)

:wink

Hmm, well those excuses will do for now, but Ihave only seen about 2 pictures of Flower since you got her (adultpictures that is) and it's probably months and months and months sinceI've seen our little crazy-Maisie girl :shock:!

Do you think they can feel your excitment about getting Trixie? I hope they all love eachother :D.

Hmm...I'm not sure what they feel could beclassified as excitement...since I've been getting disapprovinglooks-galore since even THINKING of flying Trixie here...hehe!

But, yes, hopefully they all wind up loving each other! :D

Latest posts

Back