TRANSPORT: MI to NH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christine! I'm soooo sorry to here about Mr. Biggie! Do want you can, but don't doubt yourself! Everyone has a time, and you made Mr. B's time better!

The girls are doing ok here. I let Hershey come into the room yesterday while I was cleaning up. He gave them the once over, then ignored them while he explored the otherwise off limits room!

Haley, yes, the girls are coming with a carrier, hay, litter box, water bottle and pellets.

HA, how cute is that litle stinker...the once over and that was it/let me explore where I have not been; ah GEEZE gotta love that little bun-JUST LOVE HIM!

I can just hear his ticker thinken...HA!
"I think I will go explore where Momma usually doesnt let me ...well.....
COS I CAN.....
~!!!I am fixed so heck with the chicks:HAHAHAHAH (HEAVY LOUD BUNNY LAUGH INSERT HERE)!!"

AWWWE LOVE YOU HERSHEY!!
and DEB!

OH GEEZE...

Mr.Biggie made it through the night;I cont sub que fluids/heavy duty inj.anti./had Xrays/ BloodWk/ everything and time will now tell:( Keep him in your prayers please PLEASE....being all species rescue it is NEVER ending-another situation has come to light...Poppy...a bunny at a HI KILL shelter in PereMarqutteMI(we have rescued from this kill shelter before) ...PLEASE undestand I cannot take not one more pet here fairly...IT IS LITERALLY KILLING MY HEART AND BEING... Here is copy RE Poppy:(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.....

Marquette County Humane Society is considering euthanizing Poppy due to poor quality of life. She hasn't been getting worse with the head tilt or anything, but she has such a hard time keeping her balance with her bad leg and she does a lot of flopping around in her cage on her side, trying to get back up. They can't tell if she's in pain - rabbits never talk about pain like dogs and cats do. They feel bad for her and they don't think it's fair for her to keep living like this at the shelter. I asked them to wait until I talked to you. What are your thoughts? I'm still coming down on the 11th..... I'll try my best to do whatever you suggest, but she just can't stay at this Humane Society for much longer, especially if she has no hope of finding someone that is special enough to work with her....

~Trina Beatson
[email protected]

Found someone to fill both legs! We are good to go. Im just trying now to find someone to help Denise and I so we dont have to travel so far (7 hours round trip). Im hoping I can get someone to do Toledo to Cleveland.

You all are so amazing here...MY gosh I am so so happy to KNOW YOU ALL!
Thanks for helping these 2.
THEY ARE SO WORTH THE EFFORT! YOU'LL SEE.
BE SAFE you guys...KISS and give some gentle pets to THESE 2 FROM ME.I am somehow sure they wont be coming back to CritterCafe.
I am (DARN ME) considering another tub bunny....gotta try to save Poppy now and here to start the process ...Haley, I know you must be so incredibly busy as I am too, but maybe if you can teach me how to make a transport(I am geographically illiterit which will not help)-I can learn and get some of these babies to places...I am flooded with calls that break my heart...The folks we most work with and that KNOW me-well then email with pics and details-well...then thats it and I get stuck into a world of great concern/need to help...Poppy is one of those now. Head tilt bun in Marquette Mich HumaneSociety. Have a place we can take her and A VET THAT WILL HELP HER GET BETTER...Just just gotta get her there! POPPY-starting thread now(I hope thats whats its called or I will be so embarrassed).

Hershey and I dropped off the girls at Haley's about 1 hour ago. We are on our way home, but Hershey needed a break, so we stopped at McD's so I figured I'd use their wifi a minute!

All is going well so far. I had a nice time eating pizza w/ Haley, then Hersh and I visited w/ all her bunnies so far.

Thanks Haley for helping out!

Christine, setting up a transport just takes a ton of organizing (and time) but its not very difficult. I can try to help arrange something for Poppy but things are very crazy for me right now so let me think on it. Where does she need to go to? The hardest part is navigating through Ohio..I can never find much help there and with Ann being out of service I dont have many options. Wish we could have sent Poppy with these two.

Deb, it was fun meeting you and Hershey today! Thank you again for everything. If you ever need a bunnysitter, Hershey is welcome to come here..Im in love :)

The buns are here safe and sound and oh soo cute! They are chowing down on romaine lettuce and parsely right now. We leave at 10AM tomorrow. Wish is luck!

***TEARS***
THX 4 UPDATING; THANKS SO MUCH!
Love you Deb.YOU are the BEST!
Did you think the girls were still doing good?
OH I HOPE SO, I have been so worried,obviously-up and cannot sleep worrying-DARNIT:((
I will be curious to see what Haley thinks-I hope everybun aggrees the bunnies are well....UGH!

Arent they the cutest little babes you ever seen Haley?I hope every bunny will post about them....I sure hope to see pictures of their travels too...they are going further than I probably ever will in my life again with the rescue in home!

OH GOOD!! I am so glad THEY are warm finally;FOREVER WARM ENOUGH...those little tiny things would still be outside...we have about 6 inches of SNOW and more coming now and it is FREEZING:(OUTSIDE!

They were in great shape, Christine!

They were a little scared at first but settled in nicely for the night. The larger of the two was so cute how she protects her sister. They chowed down on romaine and parsley and had lots of poops this morning. I gave them each 3 ccs of lactated ringers subq this morning so they would be well hydrated for the 8 hour trip. They took the injections like champs (Denise cooed them and pet them while I was the mean nurse who had to poke them).

We got on the road at 10am and made it to Fremont, OH 20 mins ahead of schedule. Thank god we did because the lady meeting us got lost and didnt have a GPS or map. We had to go into some stores and ask people for directions to get her to Fremont from where she was! And it all worked out..she was only like 10 mins late. I heard the buns were munching on veggies throughout the trip and settling in now for the night in a large pen at Blake's house in Erie, PA.

The transport starts again tomorrow morning at 915 so we'll say a prayer everything works out ok. They are scheduled to get to their new home in NH around 6 pm if all goes well. They will be so well traveled after this!

I will never be able to thank everyone involved with this transport enough!This has been such a long time coming-this day that I am finally knowing these 2 are inside loved on bunnies forever!!
I had taken these bunnies this summer and treated them for fleas/mites, cut their very over grown nails, and had vet well check them. At that time they had a partition seperating the 2 from each other for several years-thats just cruel! They are so bonded and even were this summer when I had them here-together-in a pen. When I had them here to take them to be vetted, after 3 weeks the ppl finally called and asked "when are we getting our bunnies back?". I was very reluctant to return them then but did request the owner take out the partition and stop grabbing them by the neck "scruff" to pick them up(he took the partition out that day but still picked them up wrong)
As it got cold I gave these bunnies a hutch that included a wooden house out of the elements and not on wire. The last day I stopped over to see the bunnies still outside in the freezing temps I begged please just let me take them, please.
This has been so long in the making and look where we are now....
I am so thankful!!
You dont know what a weight has been lifted from my shoulders knowing these two little bunnies that have lived right down the road from the rescue, are finally coming in from the cold-into a loving family and forever home...Oh I hope somebunny is taking pictures of their travels:)

The transport today has gone off well - Randy delivered the bunnies twenty minutes early in Rochester, and I got them to East Syracuse forty-five minutes ahead of schedule. I gave them some water and greens, and we had plenty of time to sit and get acquainted before Jeff showed up - again, well ahead of time. As this is posted, they should be approaching Albany.

They're a very sweet pair. They snuggled most of the time while we were moving, although both bunnies sat up and looked around periodically. Here are DeeDee and her sister (whose name I've forgotten), in their carrier while we were waiting in Syracuse:

lops_4924.jpg

lop_4919.jpg

lop_4920.jpg

With any luck by 6:00 this evening, they'll be in their forever home in New Hampshire!

OH my gosh oh my gosh!!! LOOK at the bunnies, LOOK AT MY BABIES:) SO HAPPY TO SEE THEM-SO SO HAPPY...THANK YOU SO SO MUCH MIKE!!
I am Christine in Michigan; its 2;30ish in the afternoon so they are now almost home, can you believe it? IT IS A LONG TIME COMING FOR THESE 2-FROM HELL AND BACK and LOOK AT THEM NOW!!!OH goodness!...Well and Hi Mike-I am Christine-the worrying person that gets over emotional and over involved in rescue when it comes to bunnies...These little lopears were living in my tub here I was so so desperate to save them...but look at them now-THEY LOOK SO GOOD!! Oh I am so forever INDEBTED TO ALL OF YOU!!

They REALLY look good-Their fur is no longer "hunching", their eyes are so much "brighter" and no longer have that cloudy over cast dehydrated covering that is always worrisome for me, their dewlaps are actually a
nice full paunchy DEWLAP for petes sake compaired to the little "limp squwashed sacs" they were upon arrival!!!
YOU guys these bunnies probably think they died and went to Heaven!

Latest posts

Back